Playing internet radio via a URL

Andrew Denny

Nov 15, 2021, 8:02:25 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
I've been listening to an internet radio station that is very quick to buffer but has occasional dropouts.  (This is compared to BBC radio, which takes a long time to buffer but then never drops out.)

I told the station manager, who supplied me with another (private, test) URL to try, which gives a longer buffer.

However, I now see on the B2 Q&A Internet Radio page:
There is an experimental function Settings->Maintenance->Prefill that will increase buffering at the expense of startup time.
(BTW it should read Settings->Maintenance->Advanced ->Prefill )
I tried that and will see how it goes, but it doesn't offer a choice on how much prefill.

However, I still feel obliged to report back to the station manager, now he's gone to the trouble of setting up a separate test stream.  So how do I play that, having got the URL, or is that not possible on the B2?

Thanks
Andrew

Jeff. M.

Nov 15, 2021, 9:11:09 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Granny, if you put in.  podcast in the search box, it will ask you for the url in a separate box, put the station url in the box and press play! This is Web ui. I've been playing a great station for 2 weeks now.

Jeff. M.

Nov 15, 2021, 9:12:03 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Didn't see the Andrew at the bottom sorry.

Andrew Denny

Nov 15, 2021, 9:27:48 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Many thanks for the help.  However, now I have altered the settings to increase the buffer the Web UI has stopped working! I will have to see if I can undo it....

Jeff. M.

Nov 15, 2021, 9:59:31 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Maybe your WiFi signal isn't so good?

Andrew Denny

Nov 15, 2021, 10:02:53 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
I think my wifi signal is fine.  Everything on my home network is working OK.  I just try the Settings->Maintenance->Advanced ->Prefill  setting and while the radio station works fine (just as quick as before) the web ui stops working. That's a smoking gun if ever I saw one! :-)
Cheers

Jeff. M.

Nov 15, 2021, 10:11:19 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
I'd check it on the brennan anyway if I was you, seems to be cause of a lot of problems! Even whe everything else is working OK. They reckon it should be Less than 50db they reckon.

Andrew Denny

Nov 15, 2021, 11:09:34 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Going Settings/Maintenance/Wifi Strength, it seems to veer between about 41 and 55, mostly under 50.

Jeff. M.

Nov 15, 2021, 11:18:32 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
You may wish to go to the search box and look for wifi posts, strange your web ui is not working now, have you tried turning off your router and back on, worth a try!

Jeff. M.

Nov 15, 2021, 11:34:08 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew, just found this post!!!🤔😂