No Youtube play despite upgrade

Michel Vereeken

Aug 11, 2021, 10:26:08 AM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I did the latest upgrade a minute ago but I can not get Youtube to work.

I can search youtube and get results, but when I want to play the found results the app drops off the youtube screen and goes to radio stations and says "That did not work".

Strangely enough whatever I had in the Youtube cache plays nicely.

What am I doing wrong?

Michel

fred.w....@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2021, 1:53:45 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michel

If you unit is a BB1, I think this forum link has the answer.

Fred

Michel Vereeken

Aug 11, 2021, 2:25:36 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a B2.

Brian R

Aug 11, 2021, 4:23:13 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michel

It's working OK on my B2.  Which software are you using B2 or B2B?

Brian

Daniel Taylor

Aug 11, 2021, 4:48:42 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
In the past, when I have had YouTube fail to load new videos, this is the recommended action that worked:
Close the browser window that has the WebUI loaded.
Clear your browser's cache.
Open a new window (or tab) in your browser.
Enter the IP address of your B2 manually in the address bar.
When the WebUI comes up, try your YouTube search again.

PMB

Aug 12, 2021, 2:15:43 AM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michel,

Definitely working here this morning and I did a web upgrade to make sure I have B2B Aug 2 2021 software.

Are you running B2 or B2B version software?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michel Vereeken

Aug 12, 2021, 9:15:10 AM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
I shows B2B Aug 2 2021 11:51:47

Let me try that chache clearing thingy

Michel Vereeken

Aug 12, 2021, 9:25:47 AM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Some progress. I followed the advice from Daniel and opened a new tab with the B2B entered manually.

The Youtube search works and the song starts, but stops after x seconds and moves to the History tab. When you press on it again in the history tab we have lift off. Very weird.

I am using Safari on a recent  IPHONE SE

Mike W

Aug 12, 2021, 12:05:52 PM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michel, do you have another device that you could try it on instead of the Iphone?

Mike

PMB

Aug 13, 2021, 3:17:35 AM8/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michel,

Check the WiFi Signal at the B2 - use the front control to go to Settings >> Maintenance >> WiFi Strength - it needs to be around the -50dBm mark (-40dBm is a stronger signal and -60dBm a weaker one) for reliable UI and streaming.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michel Vereeken

Aug 16, 2021, 11:22:53 AM8/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul, I have my BB2 wired. It seems to work better now, but  still have to get them in the cache first ; only then can I listen to the song. Maybe a Iphone Safari issue

PMB

Aug 17, 2021, 3:16:28 AM8/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michel,

Have you removed the WiFi dongle? The B2 seems to favour using the dongle, rather than Ethernet, for some tasks, if both are present.

Paul
Brennan Support.