BB1 loading Youtube

DrJohn...@btinternet.com

Aug 11, 2021, 3:07:38 AM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum

My new (brand-new) Brennan BB1 arrived yesterday.  I have now spent seven or eight hours attempting to load Youtubes.

I am reasonably experienced with Brennan products; currently own two B2 machines, and very happily load U-Tubes on to them, when I wish to.

I have gone through every possible route to ensuring the BB1 will function properly.

I have successfully run it on batteries and from mains power.  I have successfully given it the password to the router and internet, and can very happily locate and load (e.g.) radio stations on to it; I have updated its software via Brennan; I have positioned it near the router to optimize the signal.

I have attempted to load Youtubes via a full URL, via a partial URL, from the title given by Youtube to particular items, by general reference, by names . . .

No luck.  The ‘Text search’ line accepts the title I supply, but when I press either return or the ‘Q’ at the end of the line, the title I have given immediately vanishes . . . there is often a moment in the ‘History’ panel below which shows a little symbol (some tiny page?) in a tiny box which then transfers itself to the ‘Text search’ line . . . then vanishes.  And nothing more.  Nothing has been loaded.  I have done this (now) hundreds of times.

It feels as if the system needed to be kick started.  I don’t know what else I can do to start it.  Suggestions, please.

I feel rather angry that a brand-new, fairly expensive machine should have required hours of patient attempts and complete failure at the job for which I bought it.

It will have to be returned if I can’t get it to work.

john

PMB

Aug 11, 2021, 3:36:15 AM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

It appears YouTube may have made another change to their system, which they seem to do fairly regularly and we then have to update our software to keep YouTube working.

I've checked the function and it appears to only affect any new YT downloads - ones already downloaded and stored play OK.

Rest assured we will do our best to update the software to get it working again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Aug 11, 2021, 3:38:31 AM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I meant to add that this appears to affect BB1 only - B2 is working OK.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michel Vereeken

Aug 11, 2021, 2:27:15 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I experience the exact same issue on the B2

Michel

PMB

Aug 12, 2021, 2:09:19 AM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

Working OK on my B2 which I have updated to B2B Aug 2 2021.

Try closing the web UI >> clearing browser data ('cached images and files' for Chrome, Edge, etc) >> open a new browser page >> enter the IP from the B2 manually (rather than using a bookmark).

Paul
Brennan Support.