Getting mine

Joseph Caputo

Jul 5, 2021, 1:10:45 PM7/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Should receive delivery on a B2 tomorrow, 7/6.  It's the 480GB SSD version.

Taking a tip from what I have read here, I started the process of ripping my CD collection of roughly 800 discs on my PC for transfer to the BB2 later.

Using NCH to rip to flac.  Created a folder on one of my external HDs, and I'm using the format [%a - %b]\{%n. %t - %y} so artist's name and album name folders are created, the the flac files are deposited within as I rip.

Any tips for this process are appreciated.  Can't wait to get delivery.  I have been waiting for this opportunity to get a handle on all of my purchased music for years, and I'm hoping the Brennan B2 is the solution for me.

I thank you all in advance.  Cheers!

[Baja] Joe C

Daniel Taylor

Jul 5, 2021, 4:47:43 PM7/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I am not familiar with NCH or the format string you provided.  So this next may not be needed.

The B2 requires the files to be Imported to be arranged in a folder structure like this:  Artist \ Album \ tracks.  Guessing from the format you gave, I think you might be missing one level.

Daniel Taylor

Jul 5, 2021, 4:49:24 PM7/5/21
to Brennan Forum
And I'm just reminded from another thread that your USB disk must be formated as FAT32.  No other format will work (not exFAT, not NTFS, nothing else).

PMB

Jul 6, 2021, 3:19:33 AM7/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joe C,

Have a read of Peter Lowham's rules - link - for importing music files.

Paul
Brennan Support.