Churchill Foundation

E Rogers Braillists Foundation

Oct 20, 2022, 12:54:07 PM10/20/22
to brail...@googlegroups.com, charlie...@bristolbraille.org
Hi all

On Tuesday I was in London to be officially admitted into the Churchill
Fellowship. This was a much delayed ceremony that follows the 'Round
India with a Canute' trip and report from 2017 that some of you will
recall. Indeed some of you I met in person for the first time on that
trip, like Paul D'Souza.

As I hope most people on this forum have realised, the Churchill
Fellowship (which used to be called the Winston Churchill Memorial
Trust) later, in 2020 and 2021, very generously gave me two grants for
promoting Braille during the pandemic. This was transferred to the
Braillists Foundation who have been using it to run much of the
non-voluntary costs that surround the masterclasses, and general
Foundation up-keep.

Although the ceremony was strictly speaking just for the trip and the
report, its an opportunity to tell people about the work the Braillists
has been doing since 2017 (and indeed the work BBT has been doing). So
when BBT gets the message out we will be dropping the Braille For
Beginners course in there.

Just keeping everyone in the loop in case they see it in the wild.

And a very big thanks to everyone who met me on the trip itself, many
many moons ago, including Paul, the staff at the Worth Trust, and many
more.

For reference:

- The original report blog entries:
https://groups.google.com/g/braillists/search?q=%22around+india+with+a+canute%22

- The report attached.

- The Braillcast episode from 2021:
https://www.braillecast.com/podcast/e024/

Ed
2018-06-08_braille_in_india_wcmt_report.pdf