integrating HIPPA and sensitive databases

James Walker

May 21, 2021, 11:34:23 AMMay 21
to Brackets-Dev
This has been a fantastic find. I've done some programming, mostly in support of my network and hardware work. I'm trying now to create a larger solution for a large problem. I'm going to address addressing how resources can be gotten from and made available to the marginalized population.

Here in NC we have a statewide database of the Homeless. It is supposed; to help the shelters with their population. However as you address, the privacy of the data.  And I want to expand this.

Eventually I want a data hub facilitating disseminating data essential to this populous : providers and clients. One example is current contact information for services. The value of knowing a service like food banks location, hours of operation , if they still operate and requirements. Other would be information (demographics) that would be needed in other application forms like food stamps. There is no reason the computer, using the data, couldn't quickly determine eligibility of all programs the print out a completed application.

There's a designation for a job type that already are trained to help with gathering this information and help fill out forms , get to food banks, input demographics. I'm going to present t this for the NC grant to help the homeless. The service would be free, the code would be open source. The data would be subscription like the Homeless database is.

I think it would be ambitious, but before seeing. the ideas from you on how to protect privacy, it would have been impossible.