Brackets EOL notice

naray...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2021, 6:18:39 AMMar 1
to Brackets-Dev
Hi Everyone,

Adobe is committed to delivering exceptional software and services to our customers. It is in our nature to innovate and try new things, and it was in this spirit that we introduced Brackets, a modern open-source code editor for HTML, CSS, and Javascript, in 2014. Brackets was among the first web-based code editors, but the market has matured and other solutions have eclipsed some of the roles Brackets had focused on. As we re-focus on products that broadly provide our customers with the most value, Adobe is announcing the end of support for Brackets as of September 1, 2021.

If you would like to continue using, maintaining, and improving Brackets, you may fork the project on GitHub. Adobe will no longer contribute to the Brackets project or resolve any pull requests or issues contributed via the community on Github starting on March 1, 2021 and will archive the project from GitHub on September 1, 2021.

Through Adobe’s partnership with Microsoft, we encourage users to migrate to Visual Studio Code, a free and extensible code editor from Microsoft for macOS, Linux, and Windows. To support Brackets users and ease the transition, Visual Studio Code recently added extensions that will help Brackets users feel more at home, including adding Brackets keyboard shortcut mapping to Visual Studio Code. You can read more about migrating from Brackets to Visual Studio Code here

All user data hosted in the extensions registry will be deleted on September 1, 2021. We encourage extension developers to download their data by clicking on the extension name before this date.

We thank our community of more than a million users and extension developers for your support.

Regards,

Narayani

Adobe

Peter Schneider-Kamp

Mar 10, 2021, 3:50:12 AMMar 10
to Brackets-Dev
Hi,

I'm new to the group but a long-time user of Brackets. I plan to continue using Brackets beyond EOL and contribute to keeping it alive. Are there others that feel like joining?

If yes, we should probably agree on one fork to avoid that we duplicate maintenance work, bug fixes etc.

Cheers,
Peter
Message has been deleted

Selim Zerelli

Mar 20, 2021, 10:53:44 AMMar 20
to Brackets-Dev
Hello ,

I 'm also new to this group and a long time user of Brackets. I plan also to continue using it and will be great if I can contribute with you in achieving his survival.
Any help will be appreciated we can arrange an online meeting if you agree.

Cheers,
Zerelli Selim

Arouna Athie

Mar 29, 2021, 1:26:39 PMMar 29
to Brackets-Dev

Hello, everyone I just want to show you something and that sheet is Hubot is Me The God… Google Decodes Me

Lesson First

<Hello-world>

<hello-world>

00 That sheet is Script Html.

<Hello-World>

</Hello-World>

And that Second Sheet is HtMl Basic.

Hritik Vijay

Apr 2, 2021, 1:02:23 PMApr 2
to Brackets-Dev
Hello
I'm the maintainer of Brackets on Archlinux AUR and a frequent user as well. Is someone adopting the package to keep on the development ?

Peter Schneider-Kamp

Apr 7, 2021, 2:51:46 PMApr 7
to Brackets-Dev

I’m interested, but I guess we need to be more than two to make it work. Luckily, Selim Zerelli already showed interest, too.

So, I guess we just need to agree on which github fork is the one we jointly work on, add everyone to be developers on that fork, and then announce it here and in other places. And that we are looking for reinforcement from further users/developers.

If one of you volunteers, I will happily contribute. If not, I can edit the note at the top of my fork (https://github.com/peter-sk/brackets) to state that this fork is going to be maintained and further developer by a team of volunteers. And then I can add you and Selim as developers. Whatever floats your boat 😊

My mail address is j...@ordbogen.com.

Cheers,

Peter

Hritik Vijay

Apr 7, 2021, 4:29:29 PMApr 7
to Brackets-Dev on behalf of Peter Schneider-Kamp
Hello Peter

Really nice to hear that there is still momentum. Although, I am unable to take on any development work as of now, I would love to maintain the distributable packages.
I can maintain for AUR (Archlinux), Debain/Ubuntu and Fedora.

--
Regards
Hritik Vijay

naray...@gmail.com