Medium X 9 by 9

Aaron Helmle

Sep 22, 2020, 11:34:13 AM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I am all rusty. Took me a while to get these together, but only because I didn't remember how. But, here goes a set of 9 by 9 medium x.

Then I put a song on to play and it just wasn't working. That happens when the speakers aren't connected.

aaron

Puzzle 1
-74 -3- 2--
68- -4- -39
-3- -78 6--

--1 --- ---
--- --- ---
--- --- 1--

--5 36- -9-
34- -5- -26
--6 -2- 35-

Puzzle 2
-75 2-- 91-
4-- --- 6-7
69- -1- --5

--- --- --6
--1 --- 4--
3-- --- ---

1-- -8- -79
2-7 --- --8
-38 --7 26-

Puzzle 3
2-- 37- --9
-1- -29 -3-
--- --- ---

-5- -1- --3
76- 2-5 -94
1-- -9- -5-

--- --- ---
-2- 75- -4-
5-- -64 --7

Puzzle 4
489 --- 3-2
--- 2-7 --1
7-- -3- --5

-3- --- -2-
--5 --- 6--
-2- --- -1-

2-- -7- --9
8-- 9-4 ---
3-1 --- 487

Puzzle 5
9-6 8-- --2
--- 4-- ---
--4 9-6 8--

6-- -89 5--
-9- --- -6-
--7 36- --8

--5 6-8 3--
--- --5 ---
4-- --1 9-6

Sep 22, 2020, 12:31:21 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Aaron. Will work these, or at least one of them, with my morning coffee.

More Later,
Dani
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000a01d690f5%24d059ed70%24710dc850%24%40att.net.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 22, 2020, 1:34:42 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for these, Aaron. Medium X is about my speed these days.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000a01d690f5%24d059ed70%24710dc850%24%40att.net.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 23, 2020, 5:38:07 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Dani:

How did you do with that medium x? The reason I am asking is that I thought that first medium X behaved more like a hard x than a medium. I could not place any numbers immediately by just looking at the columns and rows. I had to look at the x and eliminate possibilities without actually being able to place the numbers. That is usually hard X territory. It was a fun puzzle.

I think I did easy puzzles for a whole year. For some reason, starting to do x puzzles helped me graduate to more difficult levels. Maybe that is because I am so spatially challenged. I think I would probably put myself in the bottom tenth percentile on that. There are people who are worse, but not many of them. So doing x puzzles was sort of a baptism of fire.

And could you please email me some of those cookies? They sound so good.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHKyRxzUUSO7fdUQFZ-j%3DvMV-i43X8uW%3DResRquMM7xhSA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dani Pagador

Sep 23, 2020, 6:40:00 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Mary,
I managed the first puzzle, but had to redo it five or six times. I
tend to scroll too fast, or track wrong, so stuff got put in the wrong
place, and there would eventually be two of something in a row where
there should only be one.

I know for that first box ai was able to place the 2 and the 9 in the
third column because the 5 and 1 were out for sqs6&9, and because
there was a 9 in row 2 and a 2 in the left leg of the X. I had to use
the 1 and 5 as placeholders in sqs1&7. The rest of it is a blur.

Would love to e-mail you cookies and some dark roasted coffee. Great
stuff to puzzle with.

More Later,
Dani
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/014c01d691f1%24d1ce4370%24756aca50%24%40sbcglobal.net.

Dani Pagador

Sep 23, 2020, 6:46:31 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Re Puzzle 2 of same batch, that one has that trick thing Aaron
mentioned where if all of the four courner boxes have a number in them
but none of that number is in any part of the legs of the X, the
number will go in the middle cell of the puzzle i.e., box5 cell5. Hope
that makes sense.

More Later,
Dani

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 23, 2020, 7:58:07 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I think it's fun when that happens, when a number had to be in the center square because it's blocked at all four corners.

I thought for a while that that first one was going to have two solutions, but it doesn't.

I think I'm addicted again.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHJ4dbJRKdnxHZoTgdvB5UevFgn_i%2BaV3ONWhnKcNgfBoA%40mail.gmail.com.

Aaron Helmle

Sep 23, 2020, 8:26:11 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I had forgotten that trick. I need training wheels.

I am stuck on hard x 1. I will look to see if that trick helps.

Aaron
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHJ4dbJRKdnxHZoTgdvB5UevFgn_i%2BaV3ONWhnKcNgfBoA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dani Pagador

Sep 23, 2020, 9:29:09 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I'm stuck on it, too. I found a few, a v-e-r-y few, numbers. Nothing
jumps out. No ghost candidates, no direct possibilities. This one
could be evil masquerading as hard.

I dug out my board thinking having the puzzle laid out physically inn
front of me would help. If anything, it will keep Miss Quick Scroll
with the BrailleEdge from popping up.

More Later,
Dani