Goodbye, WebSudoku Access *crying, distraught face*

Dani Pagador

Sep 20, 2020, 6:44:22 AM9/20/20
to blind-sudoku
Hi, Guys.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying sane. Covid-19 is making me
nuts. Choosing to be a homebody voluntarily is one thing--I normally
am,--but to be made to be a homebody is something totally else. I need
puzzles. There's only so much YouTube a girl can watch, and cookies,
especially my latest favorite to bake, are great for the tummy but
hell on the hips.

I wanted some puzzles this morning and tried to access WebSudoku
Deluxe. The program opened, but I can't get any more puzzles. I can
virtualize the window and copy the results to the clipboard fine; they
paste to favorite word processor, but the graphics that we used to
replace with hyphens no longer show up, at least with the Win10 2004
version. I'm two or so versions of JFW behind, so that could be a
problem, too. But for now, no puzzles. Stick to Win7 or 8 if you can,
for as long as you can.

Write back if you want the cookie recipe.

'Nuff for Now,
Dani

Schneider, Katherine S.

Sep 20, 2020, 9:56:45 AM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Oh my, more bad news! Can't wait for 2020 to end! Got any other sources for puzzles up your sleeve? If not I'll trade this peanut butter cookie recipe for yours:
One jar peanut butter (about eighteen ounces)
Two eggs
Two cups sugar
Half cup flour

Mix and shape into walnut sized balls. Bake at 350 for about fifteen minutes.

Kathie

Aaron Helmle

Sep 20, 2020, 10:03:37 AM9/20/20
to blind-sudoku@googlegroups com
Hi Dani!

I will try to send dome puzzles. But. And this is a big but. My computer is pretty much non functional right now. I am typing on a tablet tight now and no puzzle access.

I will try sending some if I can get the computer to agree with me at all.

Aaron

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/DM6PR08MB3979D77EB69FFABABE0D6E27A63D0%40DM6PR08MB3979.namprd08.prod.outlook.com.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 20, 2020, 11:36:18 AM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I will look for my old puzzles.
Five years plus ago equals new, right? Unless you have a really, really good memory.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/iv08lxl8p4br11r2824v9p6q.1600610607907%40email.android.com.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 20, 2020, 11:41:21 AM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I so want the cookie recipe. Yes, Dani, I know I am on another list where I was recently freaking out from the sugar rush I got about literally tens of sweet recipes a day. I don't have a glucometer, but I could feel my blood sugar rising into the stratosphere, even when I erased the recipes right away. But two cookie recipes would not be that bad, would it?
I mean, would it?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/DM6PR08MB3979D77EB69FFABABE0D6E27A63D0%40DM6PR08MB3979.namprd08.prod.outlook.com.

Dani Pagador

Sep 20, 2020, 12:21:11 PM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
There they are, two of my favorite people. I see Mary on the
Cooking-in-the-dark list, but have missed Aaron. Do you have any new
foster dogs? Have you been on any trips?

Puzzles are puzzles, old or new. This junkie will take whatever you
want to share.

Thanks,
Dani
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/01c101d68f63%24c6177a50%2452466ef0%24%40sbcglobal.net.

Dani Pagador

Sep 20, 2020, 12:30:42 PM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Here is the cookie recipe.

New favorite cookie recipe. Of course I tweaked it. My notes below. If
I had to choose only one cookie to bake and eat for the rest of my
life, it'd be this one!!!

<snip>
Potbelly's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Bella Ritter

Cream together:
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 sticks softened butter

Add in:
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine:
2 c. flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Kosher salt
2-1/2 cups oats

Combine dry with wet a cup at a time, mixing well. Mix in 1-1/2 cups
semisweet chocolate chips.

After dough gets mixed, refrigerate to make forming easier.

Bake at 350 for 20 mins.
<end>

Wet ingredients: I use unsalted butter. Increase vanilla to 1 Tbsp.
Add 1/4 tsp. lemon juice (can use the bottled stuff).

Dry ingredients: Increased salt to 1-1/4 tsps. Kosher because I use
unsalted butter. Added 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 3Tbsp plus 1/3 tsp. dark
cocoa powder. Used 2 c. oatmeal and added 1/2 c. sesame seeds. Used
fork to mix dry ingredients initially, then used my hands to make sure
things were distributed and all the lumps were out of the cocoa and
baking soda.
Used whole bag of chips.
Used rounded Tbsp to measure cookies; each cookie was just over 1
Tbsp. I got a little more than four dozen cookies.
Baked a dozen at 375 for 11 mins, turning baking sheet halfway
through. Froze remainder. Need to add 1 minute to baking time if
cookies come from freezer.

These come out crispy around the edges, but chewy in the center. The
Kosher salt gives these a nice sweet-salty flavor with each bite, and
the sesame seed and chocolate combo taste like peanut butter. I can't
keep my hands off the cookies!!! Not good. Not good at all!!

I suppose you could sub peanut butter chips for the choc chips.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 20, 2020, 12:41:26 PM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
And what you meant by 1 and a half cups chocolate chips is as many chocolate chips as you can get it to hold and stay together. Right?

I hope that my puzzles came through. But I am afraid that maybe they didn't.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kH%2Bvv8S7k3KtG8XX_qZiiUeWp2tr%2B8BuFJF19oJjfVSaYQ%40mail.gmail.com.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 20, 2020, 12:48:47 PM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
We are stuck at home because of good old Covid19. We both have fun preexisting conditions and don't need to be exposed to it. Not sure what kind of traveling we will do. It might be a while before we have any confidence in cruising, though it sure is a blind-friendly way to travel, or at least a non-car-driving way to travel.

We have a foster dog named Pinky. Her full name is Pinky Lee. She was in the foster system about seven years ago and was adopted by a couple. Both of them died, so we had better watch out during the night. She might be a killer. Anyway, she wound up back in the system because you have to sign an agreement that if you can't keep the dog for any reason, including your death, you have to return the dog to them. So we are the second couple she plans to kill off. Before Covid, I would have said that time was on our side.

You have to have gallows humor these days. Anyway, she's a great big lab, or maybe mostly lab. The couple named her Pinky, and when we got her, she didn't answer to the stupid, fussy name the group gave her. I guess she's a pretty good dog. She likes having her belly rubbed. What else can you ask for form a dog? Glad to have her in the family.

Anyway, there's no news around here.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHJMTyvvxLwRbd7Y9XqAEL3Hx9Z9tkD0CBHzYVf0SMNe1A%40mail.gmail.com.

Dani Pagador

Sep 20, 2020, 2:32:35 PM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
The YouTube video maker used 1-1/2 cups chips because her Mom doesn't
like her cookies too gooey. I threw in the rest of the bag because,
what the heck, you can't let good chocolate go to waste. Besides, I
hate looking for those left-over portions at the bottom of the fruit
drawer. What's three more ounces? I have nothing against gooey
cookies.

Rub that sweet dog's belly for me. I miss having a dog. They just add
something to the overall environment.

We're on pretty much full lock down here. The governor will decide on
Wednesday if the state will open back up again, but imho, they're
happy to have it closed, happy to do the power grab, and willing to
use Covid and the safety of the community as an excuse. They have jobs
they can count on, after all, and they draw a check no matter what.
Dani is grumpy. She should go sit in timeout and get a cookie.

More Later,
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/027101d68f6d%24e6717210%24b3545630%24%40sbcglobal.net.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 20, 2020, 10:50:06 PM9/20/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Dani:

You should definitely have a cookie. It won't make all this go away, but it will taste good.

Our lockdown here in Texas was a muddled affair, no clear aim at the beginning and no clear definition of the end point. We just gradually shut down and then gradually reopened up the economy because. The criteria specified by the same politicians were actually never met, but well, you know, we're tired of this lockdown. It was like a big hurricane that couldn't decide which direction it wanted to go, so it just tore around destroying everything and accomplishing nothing. No clear goals for the shut-down, no clear goals for the reopening either.

But the economy so far is refusing to just get on with it and recover. Maybe people just don't like the grim new meaning of "shop till you drop."

I don't personally know anybody who got Covid, but two of my friends have lost family members to it. Another friend of mine was working in retail as a manager, and she had to deal with somebody on her team getting it. I think she has finally managed to find a new job. Lucky. Most people have not been able to pull that off.

Since March 15, Aaron has been out in public twice. I have been out once, for medical reasons, of course. We do sometimes walk down or around the block, and I'm not counting that. I have had fewer than ten in-person conversations with people besides Aaron, aside from the day I was out in public. I am always in Zoom. I hate Zoom. I really hate Zoom. I hate talking on the phone, too. All that magical stuff about taking this time to get more in touch with what is most important in life and with the people I love the most? Well, no. Just no. None of that magic has happened to me. I'm still waiting.

I will be going out next month for more medical stuff, to get the flu shot. Big thrill. Even eating out at McDonald's sounds good. Well, no, not quite. Not even Covid19 can make McDonald's sound good, but I wouldn't say no to an Egg McMuffin or a sausage biscuit.

I miss my old life a lot. It is hard on Aaron, too, but back in the before time, I went out in public a lot more than he did. At 65 years old, I feel too young to be a shut-in. But with atrial fibrillation and with Aaron's multiple sclerosis, I do not feel safe going out. The politicians say they are taking aggressive steps to protect the vulnerable. I'm not sure exactly what aggressive protection they are talking about. I'm not feeling the love. I think they really mean that the vulnerable are on their own.

But at least we are not essential workers, we do not live in the same house with essential workers, and have good health care coverage. I don't feel like one of the lucky ones. But I am actually very lucky and have a lot to be thankful for.

So we are staying home, doing a lot of cooking. Aaron is playing with the new air fryer. I can't figure out how to connect it to WIFI, and the physical controls are not accessible. We have both taken up growing microgreens, and I also grow sprouts. I really like seeing the plants and watching them change over time. I guess that's my therapy. That and whooping the dog. I've also read a whole lot, listened to a lot of podcasts, tried and failed to learn a lot of technology, and yes, gone to all kinds of Zoom meetings. So even though I sound angry, I'm actually not. I'm just tired and anxious.

So go ahead, have a cookie. I went on a rampage a while ago looking for chocolate. I couldn't find any. If you read Harry Potter, you know that chocolate makes the dementors go away. And I think that my puzzles did not get to you, so I will send them as a reply next time.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:19:56 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Good morning, Mary.
I've got another batch of cookie ingredients ready and waiting to be
mixed. This last eight or so balls of dough will be baked and gone by
the end of the day, so there'd better be more to take its place.

I saw a batch of puzzles that you'd copied from your BrailleEdge. Are
those the ones you're asking about whether or not they were received?

Are you guys in the hurricane/superstorm area? I saw something on the
news this weekend about two things coming through the Gulf; can't
remember their names. Are you gys OK?

More Later,
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/043a01d68fc1%24e896def0%24b9c49cd0%24%40sbcglobal.net.

Aaron Helmle

Sep 21, 2020, 2:43:22 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dani,

Aaron here. We are high and dry and well away from the hurricanes. The one that is hitting in our area is called Beta and it is just a teeny weeny piddly piece of nothing. Might be enough to water the grass, nothing more.

Was on the phone with Microsoft disability line yesterday. After the last Microsoft automatic upgrade Zoomtext was killed off entirely, but it was freezing the machine. They had to take it off completely. Now my magnifier is the one that comes with Windows. No more Zoomtext. So far I am quite happy. I am watching this message and magnification is actually following the cursor. It has been a very long time since that happened.

Oh, food wise. We are playing with an air fryer. We like it and are still experimenting. Our last dish was a batch of meatballs. That turned out really nice. We had leftover meatballs the next day and threw them in with some spaghetti sauce.

Puzzles - how are you, and what do you need?

Aaron
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHL63bOCvmEXUG8RN8zieOs1OxSFo%2BH3sS3VbeCh5D-_JQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 21, 2020, 3:10:55 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dani:

Goodness, it's been a while since this list came alive. It is good to hear from you and looking at the inbox, I see other familiar names have popped up.

I rarely do puzzles now. Too much difficulty with my hands. Unfortunately, I've discarded the thousands of puzzles that were in my computer a long time ago. The house lightened by quite a bit. That's bad news about your windows 10 and or your older jaws not cooperating. I'm still hanging on with win7 and Jaws 13. So far so good.

I'm pretty much a homebody, even so it can be tiresome at times with this enforced isolation. And, it is dangerous to go into the kitchen with the friendly fridge and that troublemaking cookie jar!

My Sudoku program still works. What is your puzzle preference these days?

Best, Rosemarie

Sep 21, 2020, 3:25:26 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathie:

One more person popping up. Good to see you. Lovely looking recipe. It will have to wait a bit as peanut butter is but a memory just now.

What kind of puzzles do you like?

Best, Rosemarie
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/iv08lxl8p4br11r2824v9p6q.1600610607907%40email.android.com.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 21, 2020, 3:28:11 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mary,

My memory is not that good. Smiling.

Good to see you here.

Best

Rosemarie

Five years plus ago equals new, right? Unless you have a really, really good memory.

Sep 21, 2020, 3:44:22 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Rosemarie.
Yay. I'm so glad you're still here. It's good to have the family back.
I don't have a puzzle preference. I still haven't managed to work my
way to doing evils or extremes. I was just wanting something
different, but familiar, to add back in to my routine. So I guess it'd
be everything up through the hards and hard Xs. I like the 9x9 grid
best. Anything bigger makes my brain unhappy.

I'm waiting on my NLS proofreading exam results to come in, and am
making a clandestine transcription of National Braille Association's
2016 Formats Study Guide to work through and then do a test with them
to get certified for textbook transcription. I could only buy it as a
.pdf; they wouldn't sell a hard copy Braille version to me, so I'll
make my own; but they'll sell a hard copy print version to a sighted
person. Go figure. So between proofreading and fixing my transcription
and working through what I've already finished transcribing, I needed
a fun diversion besides YouTube, coffee, and cookies.

Off to start my day. Got housework and studying to do. Can't wait for
fall. It's supposed to start tomorrow, but our fall doesn't kick in
till November, and then barely.

More Later,
Dani

On 9/21/20, 'Rosemarie Grayley' via The Blind Sudoku Discussion Group
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000101d6904a%24eb42c6d0%24c1c85470%24%40verizon.net.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 21, 2020, 3:52:12 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mary and Aaron,

I'm so glad you are faring pretty well with hurricanes and everything else. Okay here, too, despite multiple fires, many days of smoke and ash, and the appalling smell!

Rosemarie
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000001d69047%2411f9ce30%2435ed6a90%24%40att.net.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 21, 2020, 5:09:45 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, glad you got those. I will look for more.

Sep 21, 2020, 5:12:12 PM9/21/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Glad to see so many old friends back here. I might actually have to do some sudokus.

Sep 22, 2020, 12:46:18 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dani:

No print book for blind people! What kind of goofy rule is that! The world is going nuts in so many ways that it is impossible to keep up with the count. Good luck with your various endeavors.

The most challenging thing I'm planning to do today, beyond a bit of housework and a grocery list, is a couple rounds of Code Breaker by Spoonbill.

The puzzles you like are noted. I'm picking up the jargon of my Echo Plus.

Our skies are blue again with the onshore wind doing its job once more.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 22, 2020, 1:12:57 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mary,

Very true. I've done some of the 12 by 12s, just to see if I could, and didn't get much fun out of them. Oh, The first few solved gave me a kick, but the time involved and all that territory made it more of a job instead of a fun thing to do. I ran into a sighted person last year who does 25 by 25 puzzles. Not even tempted to attempt such a monstrosity.

Sadly, I too know some people who have lost friends or relatives due to the COVID. It's a frightening thing and it is worrying that there may be a big spike here shortly due to Labor Day and people still not bothering with safe practices in public.

The puzzle file you posted is quite fantastic. One time I did nine puzzles in one day, now it is more like one in nine days. Lovely arthritis.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/081501d6905b%24d09779a0%2471c66ce0%24%40sbcglobal.net.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 22, 2020, 2:33:15 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I never did nine puzzles in a day. You must have been fast. So far, my hips and knees are where the arthritis is settling in the most painful ways. I hope that it doesn't get much worse in my hands and wrists. This getting old thing, well, you know. I certainly don't want to cut it off short, but why couldn't I have the body I had 30 years ago? And no, I'm not talking about looks.

Speaking of looks, you should se my Covid19 hair. It looks like Covid19. I have ben doing it myself, and it looks exactly like a blind person with serious spatial issues cut their own hair. Aaron bought one of those funny combs with the razor blades inside. You pull the hair up and comb through it. You've probably had, or at least witnessed, hair stylists doing this, depending on what kind of hair you have. But the difference between me and the hair stylists is that they are performing an actual hair cut while I am just getting rid of hair by whatever means available. It's so beautiful. I guess I could call it artistic.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000201d69103%249a340c40%24ce9c24c0%24%40verizon.net.

Dani Pagador

Sep 22, 2020, 2:43:45 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 22, 2020, 2:57:40 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
It should have said Covid19, as in the virus, not code breaker. What device are you reading on (smirk)? With speech, I am still on annoying but tried and true Reid from Eloquence, who I have had a love/hate relationship with for more than 20 years. Stable, in other words.

I have never been brave enough to try to make my own puzzles. JAWS is up to date for now, though who knows how long that will be.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHKCwacBGaE%2BvpD1OA80jT56oa%2Bt%3Dzdmq5AP%2BUDDRk9vtg%40mail.gmail.com.

Aaron Helmle

Sep 22, 2020, 3:38:29 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Mary is cutting her hair. It is making sounds like gotcha, gotcha, ching, gotcha. When she is, oh, she wants me to cut for a while. Brave girl.

Finished Mary and then cut mine. We are the most gorgeous things. My method is to just grab a little bit of hair and snip it. We don't have shears, don't want any. You should see the kind of butcher jobs people with shears are doing. But after ours is shampooed and combed out it looks like there is less hair than there was. And that is the point.

I worked a puzzle the other day. It was zipping right through it. No problems, no worries, oops. I need to make a backup copy and start over. It will be the first hard x in my next batch of puzzles.

Aaron
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/0d2101d69112%243b001bb0%24b1005310%24%40sbcglobal.net.

Dani Pagador

Sep 22, 2020, 4:57:17 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
No, Rosemarie said something about Spoonbill and Code Breaker. Was
asking about that to see what other distractions I can, but probably
shouldn't, find for myself.

Dang, that first med x aaron sent is kicking my butt. I've had to redo
it three times. But then, it could be that my coffee mix is too weak,
or too strong.

And yes, Aaron, you and Mary are the two most gorgeous people in
Texas, just like David and I are the two most gorgeous people in
Hawaii. Guess who'll they'll be hiring first thing the economy opens
up and hair salons start looking for people??? *not, at least not for
David and me; hahaha* But cookie making … and cookie eating … there ya
go.

Back to that first puzzle. Can you hear rusty girl's brain cells squeak?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000001d69117%24f05d4cd0%24d117e670%24%40att.net.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 22, 2020, 5:05:24 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I never played any of the Spoonbill games. How do you get them?

Is Spoonbill the guy who put up all those games who died a couple years ago? A dedicated public servant for sure. I have never ben too good about games though. Seven Little Words and sudoku are about it.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kHLa93U2RLO57bz0YCjRn1WhLZb_ZKrpEh%2BE_kcgMMtMUQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Dani Pagador

Sep 22, 2020, 5:58:03 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I think you're thinking of Jim Kitchen of Kitchen Sink fame?

Spoonbill is a bird, and the guy who owns the company is I think, an
Australian or New Zealander who develops games for both sighted and VI
people as a
hobby. He made BG Sudoku and has Boggle and other fun distractions.
You e-mail him and he sends you the game(s) you want. I want to say
his name is Ian Humprey. He can't send to GMail for some reason, so
I've got to see about getting another account with someone else, maybe
with Spectrum, just to get my game fix. His site is
http://www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au/index.htm

HTH,
Dani
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/00a801d69124%241435f920%243ca1eb60%24%40sbcglobal.net.

mary...@sbcglobal.net

Sep 22, 2020, 6:10:02 PM9/22/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

I just did my first of these mediums. It was fun. I might be addicted to sudokus all over again.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kH%2BXQcL9NfFtbMge5TdYhep54%3DptuMN_Bpz-EKPHsi55jg%40mail.gmail.com.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 23, 2020, 1:51:41 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Unless there is some training, I suspect you are right that people with scissors with hair in mind shouldn't be set loose. Many years ago an unqualified person set to work on my hair and while some of it was several inches long, some patches were shorter than an inch. The experience was quite shocking.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000001d69117%24f05d4cd0%24d117e670%24%40att.net.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 23, 2020, 1:59:43 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
He used to be a programmer, retired, made games and sold them, then started making games for blind people for free. As far as I know he is still making games. Be sure to say you are blind when placing your order. Also, there is a separate section on his site for games especially adapted for the blind.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/CAOA7kH%2BXQcL9NfFtbMge5TdYhep54%3DptuMN_Bpz-EKPHsi55jg%40mailgmail.com.

Dani Pagador

Sep 23, 2020, 6:29:04 PM9/23/20
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
I went to the site and there are direct links to download the games
now. I HATE HATE HATE MsEdge!!! Did I say HATE??? I meant
HAAAAAATE!!!!!!! I understand it works better than Explorer and is to
be used instead of it, but it's a blankin pain to use. It's not
intuitive at all. It insists on having a hand in everything Internet
related and squawks when you try to download anything non-Microsoft.
Progress in this case is sooo not progress.

I downloaded Code Breaker but have yet to set it up. I wanted a few
other games, but had such a time getting that one that I decided to
stop for the day.

I wonder if Mr. Humphrey would be willing to adapt his BG Sudoku to
work with X puzzles or different sized grids. I may think of asking
him.

But first I've got to tackle the rest of the puzzles in Aaron's MedX
batch that he sent yesterday. I've got three left; the first two got
done, but I had to start over five or six times for both. I'm out of
practice, but it's great fun to get back in to the swing of things. I
think I have a thing for mental torture and pain. Naw. It's just that
I didn't want to do any real homework yesterday or this morning. Not
when it's more fun to puzzle. Not when you've got a 9x9 grid taunting
you and saying, "I'm only medium X. What's wrong with you. Can't you
solve it in one go?"

And I see that there are Hard Xs waiting for me in the mail, too.
Woohoo. Thanks, Aaron.

But … could I have 6x6 aspirin to ease the headache I know I'll have
at some point?

More Later,
Dani

On 9/23/20, 'Rosemarie Grayley' via The Blind Sudoku Discussion Group