BisQue "rotate=guess" param

Michael Denslow

May 10, 2018, 12:03:48 PM5/10/18
to bisque bioimage
Hi,

I am aware of the BisQue "rotate=guess" param that can be passed through the URL for an image. Does anyone know if there is any documentation about how it works? For example, does it try to use the EXIF information from the image?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Dmitry Fedorov

May 10, 2018, 2:19:50 PM5/10/18
to bisque-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

It does that by using EXIF metadata. Technically it could use some other metadata as well but so far there were no other formats needing this.

-dmitry

__________________________________

Dmitry Fedorov Levit <di...@dimin.net>
Web: http://www.dimin.net/
__________________________________

Michael Denslow

May 10, 2018, 4:09:09 PM5/10/18
to bisque bioimage
Thanks Dmitry,
Do you know which EXIF tags specifically it uses?
Best,
Michael

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Michael Denslow <michael...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am aware of the BisQue "rotate=guess" param that can be passed through the URL for an image. Does anyone know if there is any documentation about how it works? For example, does it try to use the EXIF information from the image?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Dmitry Fedorov

May 10, 2018, 4:21:25 PM5/10/18
to bisque-...@googlegroups.com
Do you know which EXIF tags specifically it uses?

I should, I guess, since I wrote it:)

It uses orientation tag as parsed using EXIV2:

0x0112Orientationint16uIFD0
1 = Horizontal (normal)
2 = Mirror horizontal
3 = Rotate 180
4 = Mirror vertical
5 = Mirror horizontal and rotate 270 CW
6 = Rotate 90 CW
7 = Mirror horizontal and rotate 90 CW
8 = Rotate 270 CW

Again, as I said, it very easy to add other metadata fields form other formats into the mix...

-dmitry