end meeting

gcm india

Mar 3, 2023, 7:13:35 AM3/3/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Guys,
If moderator does not login for after schedule the meetting for starting time the moderator has not logged in
 i need a meeting end. because of not started meeting. please let me know the solution.

distancelearning.cloud

Mar 3, 2023, 7:57:40 AM3/3/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
bbb will end the meeting automatically at 5minutes if no users join after the create call with standard bigbluebutton.properties config.

Are students joining before the moderator?  this can be prevented by sending students in as a guest with ASK-MODERATOR for guest policy.
Or thru code on your front end to no join viewers before a moderator joins.

regards,
Stephen

gcm india

Mar 4, 2023, 12:40:07 AM3/4/23
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,
My question is without start meet moderator created meeting. Moderator has not started meeting. please find the attached screenshot.

meeting error.jpeg

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Mar 4, 2023, 7:17:40 AM3/4/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Not clear exactly what you are asking.    I see it looks like you are developing a front end and asking how to fill the Meeting End in the last column?

When you send create call you will get a response of success and the time.

If no one joins, the meeting is killed at 5min.

If you need the “exact time” BBB ended a meeting you can

  1. Capture events.xml for the meeting, and get the end time.
  2. Use bbb-webhooks, and you can get an event posted to a callback anytime a meeting ends, to update your db

If you don’t need the exact time.   You get just poll isMeetingRunning every 30 seconds, and when it returns false add the time in the db.

Regards,

Stephen

gcm india

Mar 5, 2023, 11:32:49 PM3/5/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The moderator created a meeting even without joining the moderator as per schedule. I want to close the meeting automatically. please find the attached document.

meeting error.jpeg

Raxit Sheth

Mar 6, 2023, 1:43:10 AM3/6/23
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
You need to write server side code

server code that calls getMeetingInfo and records how long the meeting has been running without a moderator.  If the code detects the meeting has not had a moderator for > x minutes, it could call the 'end' API all to end the meeting.

Please check @fred reply in above link

Raxit