Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Tobias Fiebig

ungelesen,
12.09.2021, 16:23:5512.09.21
an bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Heho,

I just went over the new 2.4 features, and was wondering if there will be a config switch to disable the learning dashboard.

Quick grepping in the 2.4 branch found nothing, but I might also have missed it.

As it currently looks on the 2.4 docs page, I doubt that I can reasonably deploy BBB with this feature enabled, without getting into really hot privacy water.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig

Assistant Professor / Universitair Docent

TU Delft - Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TBM)

T +31 (0)15 27 85700

t.fi...@tudelft.nl

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

Philipp Memmel

ungelesen,
12.09.2021, 16:28:3812.09.21
an bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

you can disable it, no problem:

https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/blob/b9f8592a8022040582ae12f16eb90caeeb756a82/bigbluebutton-web/grails-app/conf/bigbluebutton.properties#L248

BTW: Links are protected now so only moderator can access the learning dashboard and the dashboard of a session will be removed completely from the server after a configurable amount of time.

Pypo

Tobias Fiebig

ungelesen,
12.09.2021, 16:34:1912.09.21
an bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Awesome, thx! No clue why I missed it there.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig

Assistant Professor / Universitair Docent

TU Delft - Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TBM)

T +31 (0)15 27 85700

t.fi...@tudelft.nl

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

Fred Dixon

ungelesen,
12.09.2021, 19:07:0412.09.21
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Tobias,

> As it currently looks on the 2.4 docs page, I doubt that I can reasonably deploy BBB with this feature enabled, without getting into really hot privacy water.

All the information in the Learning Dashboard is available to the Moderator during the session -- the Learning Dashboard is aggregating it into a single area for the Moderator.

Is there anything we need to do to make this complaint for your privacy requirements?

Regards,.. Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Tobias Fiebig

ungelesen,
14.09.2021, 08:55:2914.09.21
an bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Hello Fred,

The problem is the application of analytics to students/participants (collection of engagement metrics). In fact, collection of similar data is also one of our major talking points regarding issues with Zoom/Teams.

As long as this can be turned off, things are fine (for my setup), I’d say.

In general, I would however suggest to keep it as off by default, so administrators have to make a conscious choice to enable it. 😉

Met vriendelijke groet,

Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig

Assistant Professor / Universitair Docent

TU Delft - Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TBM)

T +31 (0)15 27 85700

t.fi...@tudelft.nl

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

acevedo...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
01.10.2021, 19:36:5201.10.21
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
We find the learning dashboard is an amazing tool!
How can we access the learning dashboard after the meeting? Can we download the dashboard information?
Regards,
German Acevedo

Hiroshi Suga

ungelesen,
01.10.2021, 22:48:2201.10.21
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi German,

Accessing to:
should work.

The data seems to be stored under /var/bigbluebutton/learning-dashboard in JSON format.

acevedo...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
01.10.2021, 23:42:0401.10.21
an BigBlueButton-dev
Thank you Hiroshi,
I will test this on our next meeting.
Regards,
German

acevedo...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
20.10.2021, 19:30:1920.10.21
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
Tried with https://your_server/learning-dashboard/?meeting=your_metingID as suggested, but it only works just after the meeting ends and in the same browser.
If I try in other browser or sometime after the meeting ends and I closed the tab or the browser, I get the following error message: "Invalid session token"
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Regards,
German

Reimar Bauer

ungelesen,
02.01.2022, 06:56:0402.01.22
an bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

This is a similar problem as with video recording. It requires the consent of the individual participant. However, I would solve it differently. With video recording, participants can only enter the room if they agree in principle.

Maybe it would be useful for the dashboard to omit the names as soon as a person does not agree to the publication of the name.

As a moderator it is then still recognizable how lively it was in a room

regards
Reimar

Fred Dixon

ungelesen,
02.01.2022, 10:18:5402.01.22
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Reimar,

> Maybe it would be useful for the dashboard to omit the names as soon as a person does not agree to the publication of the name.
> As a moderator it is then still recognizable how lively it was in a room

Hmm .. that would add a fair bit of complexity.

In many ways, the Learning Dashboard is summarizing the information already shared in the live meeting, but doing so in a way that reduces the cognitive load of the instructor.

For example, the instructor could manually keep track of when users enter/leave the session by closely watching the User's list, but the Learning Dashboard will do that for them.  The same goes for poll results, talking time, webcam sharing time, etc.

Over time, our goal is to increase the value of the Learning Dashboard to teachers as we improve BigBlueButton -- such as enabling polls to have a correct answer (as decided by the instructor when doing a poll) and give a summary of students who provided the correct answer in the Learning Dashboard.  In this way, the instructor could quickly poll the students during the class and make it even easier for them to determine if the class (or individual students) are learning the content.

Still, we are very aware of privacy issues and it is possible to disable the Learning Dashboard with a single configuration change as shown earlier in this thread.

Regards,.. Fred

jossef

ungelesen,
03.01.2022, 06:39:3903.01.22
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi
Learning Dashboard data on the server is deleted after N days, so
it will be very useful for teachers to save / export  Learning Dashboard data to file. and save it on his local machine. this is common to most virtual classroom systems that generate reports for teacher .
In my opinion to create a tool for reports without the possibility of saving the data is like a word processor that does not allow saving.

ב-יום ראשון, 2 בינואר 2022 בשעה 17:18:54 UTC+2, Fred Dixon כתב/ה:

Fred Dixon

ungelesen,
03.01.2022, 07:59:0303.01.22
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Jossef,

> In my opinion to create a tool for reports without the possibility of saving the data is like a word processor that does not allow saving.

That is planned for a future version of BigBlueButton.  Here's a screenshot

image.png
We'll be talking more about our plans ahead for BigBlueButton 2.5 at the next community call.  See

Regards,... Fred

Thomas Maier

ungelesen,
08.12.2023, 05:56:0008.12.23
an BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,

Is it possible to restrict the access to the learning dashboard for a certain User?

Thank you!

Fred Dixon

ungelesen,
09.12.2023, 13:17:2409.12.23
an bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

> Is it possible to restrict the access to the learning dashboard for a certain User?

At the moment, only moderators can access the Learning Analytics Dashboard during the live session (and subsequently download the data).

Viewers can not see, nor download the data.

Does that provide you enough control over the access from within BigBlueButton? You can't name a specific user; access is restricted by role.

Regards,... Fred

--
Co-founder BigBlueButton
Allen antworten