genealogy visualization

walterrra

Jan 19, 2007, 8:12:12 AM1/19/07
to BeyondGen
Hello,

I'm new to the group. My name's Walter Rafelsberger, I'm an interface
designer and developer from Vienna, Austria.

One of my recent projects had to do with visualizing massive genealogy
data sets for a documentary about Iceland's "islendingabok".

If you're interested have a look at my blog where I posted a small
preview:
http://www.metaportaldermedienpolemik.net/blog/visualization/genealogy

The animations were done using "RhNav", a graph visualization framework
I'm working on which is based on processing.

Kind regards,
Walter

Dan Lawyer

Jan 19, 2007, 11:50:30 AM1/19/07
to BeyondGen
Walter,
I really liked what I saw. Are you able to import standard gedcom and render it?

>>> "walterrra" <walterraf...@gmail.com> 1/19/2007 6:12:12 AM >>>

walterrra

Jan 19, 2007, 12:46:32 PM1/19/07
to BeyondGen
Dan,

> I really liked what I saw.

Thanks!

> Are you able to import standard gedcom and render it?

Currently we store all data in MySQL. We built an API to do queries
which output custom XML.
But it would be no problem to adapt it to gedcom. I'm also working on a
GraphViz-dot interface.