Cyclewaale - Portraits of Cyclists of India - 2012 Calendar

Venkatesh N

Jan 2, 2012, 1:24:10 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi guys,

Sometime back there was a mail in our Bangalore bicycling club forum requesting for photos of people from various walks of life using cycles. I've sent  a photo and it got selected and got published in the calendar.

Attached is a pdf version of the calendar. December 2012 is where you can see my entry. :)

Thanks Arvind Ganesh for pointing it out for me. Now, I have to get in touch with them and see how I can get a few hard copies of the calender.

--
Cheers,
Venky

sumnetcalendarnov25final-111206215127-phpapp02.pdf

anil kadsur

Jan 2, 2012, 1:37:20 AM1/2/12
to Venkatesh N, Bangalore Bikers Club
Venky,

Congrats dude....i was really surprised see your photo at the end, i would like to buy one of these calenders if it is available for sale.

Hats off to you!!!

anil s kadsur

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details

Ram

Jan 2, 2012, 1:40:02 AM1/2/12
to Venkatesh N
Congratulations Lord Fixie Bikey Venky :)

I need one calendar if available for sale :)

Cheers
Ram

--
Cheers,
Venky

abhay kerur

Jan 2, 2012, 1:40:33 AM1/2/12
to anil kadsur, Venkatesh N, Bangalore Bikers Club

Thats an amazing calendar , would like to print it.

Congrats for your entry.

Abhay

Regards,
Abhay

Shashi

Jan 2, 2012, 2:21:46 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
This is fantastic. Loved each and every image. Thanks for sharing
this.

Regards,
Shashi

On Jan 2, 11:40 am, abhay kerur <abhay.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats an amazing calendar , would like to print it.
>
> Congrats for your entry.
>
> Abhay
>
> Regards,
> Abhay
> On Jan 2, 2012 12:07 PM, "anil kadsur" <anilkad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Venky,
>
> > Congrats dude....i was really surprised see your photo at the end, i would
> > like to buy one of these calenders if it is available for sale.
>
> > Hats off to you!!!
>
> > anil s kadsur
>
> > On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Venkatesh N <hivenka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi guys,
>
> >> Sometime back there was a mail in our Bangalore bicycling club forum
> >> requesting for photos of people from various walks of life using cycles.
> >> I've sent  a photo and it got selected and got published in the calendar.
>
> >> Attached is a pdf version of the calendar. December 2012 is where you can
> >> see my entry. :)
>
> >> Thanks Arvind Ganesh for pointing it out for me. Now, I have to get in
> >> touch with them and see how I can get a few hard copies of the calender.
>
> >> --
> >> Cheers,
> >> Venky
> >> govenkygo.com <http://www.govenkygo.com/>
>
> >>  --
> >> biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>
> >> are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
> >> Visitwww.bangalorebicyclechampionships.comfor more details

sunpraveen

Jan 2, 2012, 4:39:25 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Good one Venky! The calendar is very realistic and well made. Thanks
for sharing.

As others have said, do let us know if a hard copy is available for
sale?

Regards,

Praveen

Kishan Kumar

Jan 2, 2012, 5:10:40 AM1/2/12
to Venkatesh N, Bangalore Bikers Club
Congratulations buddy! Very well deserved entry on the calendar! The calendar also keeps it simple just what a bicycle represents - simplicity and down to earth! Kudos also to the sponsors and team who pulled it off!

Sent from my iPhone

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
<sumnetcalendarnov25final-111206215127-phpapp02.pdf>

mda

Jan 2, 2012, 5:37:28 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I really like this calendar too. Very nice design.

The opening page says:

India’s National Urban Transport Policy itself places
emphasis on the need for promoting cycling in cities:-
“The Central Government would give priority to the
construction of cycle tracks and pedestrian paths in all cities,
under the National Urban Renewal Mission (NURM), to
enhance safety and thereby enhance use of non- motorized modes.”

I'm curious if there are any examples in India where this has actually
been done successfully?

In Mysore, there is a short bicycle path near Lake Karanji, on
Lalitha Mahal Palace Road.
It was just opened a few months ago with great fanfare.
But there are numerous issues with it:
- it is less than 3km long, and doesn't connect with anything
- construction isn't actually done (at least i hope not) with serious
rough spots and piles of rubble
- the road it is on was already one of the nicest for cycling, with a
generous shoulder
- it is for "2 wheelers", so mopeds/motorbikes are allowed

So in the end, I just ignore it and ride on the road there anyway.

Karthick Gururaj

Jan 2, 2012, 6:58:09 AM1/2/12
to Venkatesh N, Bangalore Bikers Club
+1

Would like to have details on the hard copy, if possible.

- Karthick

--
Cheers,
Venky

Howler

Jan 2, 2012, 7:25:23 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Congrats Venky.
Inspiring work by the creators.

On Jan 2, 4:58 pm, Karthick Gururaj <karthick.guru...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> +1
>
> Would like to have details on the hard copy, if possible.
>
> - Karthick
>

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Venkatesh N <hivenka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
>
> > Sometime back there was a mail in our Bangalore bicycling club forum
> > requesting for photos of people from various walks of life using cycles.
> > I've sent  a photo and it got selected and got published in the calendar.
>
> > Attached is a pdf version of the calendar. December 2012 is where you can
> > see my entry. :)
>
> > Thanks Arvind Ganesh for pointing it out for me. Now, I have to get in
> > touch with them and see how I can get a few hard copies of the calender.
>
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Venky
> > govenkygo.com <http://www.govenkygo.com/>

b r

Jan 2, 2012, 8:17:21 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Gr8 Pic Venky...
So Real and So Practicle..

Regards
BR
> govenkygo.com <http://www.govenkygo.com/>
>
>  sumnetcalendarnov25final-111206215127-phpapp02.pdf
> 1912KViewDownload

Basav

Jan 2, 2012, 9:00:52 AM1/2/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Congratulations Venky!.. i too want this calendar.. please let us know
if u can get hold of some copies.
> > 1912KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Murali Katta

Jan 2, 2012, 1:03:01 PM1/2/12
to Venkatesh N, Bangalore Bikers Club
One more feather in ur cap. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPad
--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
<sumnetcalendarnov25final-111206215127-phpapp02.pdf>

Narsi

Jan 2, 2012, 11:02:20 PM1/2/12
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Venkatesh N
Nice! Beautiful calendar.. I'm gonna get monthly printouts for my cubicle at work. :)

Balu

Jan 3, 2012, 12:34:18 AM1/3/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Way to Go Lord Venky :)

On Jan 2, 11:24 am, Venkatesh N <hivenka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> govenkygo.com <http://www.govenkygo.com/>
>
>  sumnetcalendarnov25final-111206215127-phpapp02.pdf
> 1912KViewDownload

Deepak Malempati

Jan 3, 2012, 12:37:11 AM1/3/12
to Balu, Bangalore Bikers Club
Hello all,
            Recently one of my friend made some calendars for his company from a local shop in bangalore. The quality is very good and planning to get it done there.

So if anybody else is interested to get one let me know so I can order the quantity accordingly.

DEEPAK
7411392711

anil kadsur

Jan 10, 2012, 6:44:17 AM1/10/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Guys,

I don't how many were looking for this calendar, they got only 100 calendars for Bangalore (and 1000 printed for the country.......) and ALL SOLD OUT.

It is really good one, i personally feel if there is one cyclist in an office at least there should be ONE CALENDAR in that office and ONE IN THE HOUSE.

Felt really sad bangalore with so much cyclists JUST 100 calendars.

very truly,
anil s kadsur

--
Cheers,
Venky

Nadana Sigamani

Jan 10, 2012, 9:39:58 AM1/10/12
to anil kadsur, Bangalore Bikers Club
Anil,
I am surprised that the 100 calenders were sold out !. Must have been bought by non-cyclists. Cyclists won't part with their money. Ask the people holding the Vitamin-M box at every race...

Best,
Siga

--
******   You don't have to be crazy to cycle. But it helps.   *****

Kishan Kumar

Jan 10, 2012, 9:58:03 AM1/10/12
to Nadana Sigamani, anil kadsur, Bangalore Bikers Club
Hey, don't get all sarcastic about other people's money(OPM)! People spend on what they care about.

Sent from my iPhone

anilk...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2012, 12:34:35 PM1/10/12
to Nadana Sigamani, Bangalore Bikers Club
Siga,

"Ask the people holding the Vitamin-M box at every race..."

I kind of agree with you, I am bit aware of the struggle, many a times it has been addressed here!!!

It is really heartening to know that. When I saw Venky photo on it, believe me it is such a joy and sense of relief. Because It makes so easy to relate (for those people, relative and friends who think cycling can't be done here in bangalore) and advertise through out the year. Simply because it is a table top calendar and priced very well (at this price we don't even get a coffee at CCD....lol).

We have so many cycling clubs, so many cyclists and what a state!!!!

Very truly
Anil s kadsur

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: Nadana Sigamani <siga...@gmail.com>