its broke! no lights

Todd

Mar 27, 2011, 2:53:46 PM3/27/11
to Baltimore Node MakerBot Users Group
seems that the whole bot isn't getting any power, but i've checked all
the connections, and nothing will turn on. it just sorta stopped
working...

Todd

Mar 27, 2011, 2:53:46 PM3/27/11
to Baltimore Node MakerBot Users Group

Robert McGuire

Mar 27, 2011, 5:11:49 PM3/27/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
What happened when it stopped working? Also, have you checked the power supply (plugged-in, switched on), motherboard (switched on), etc?

--Marty

Robert McGuire

Mar 27, 2011, 5:14:09 PM3/27/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
It's possible the power supply is dead. Try unplugging the connections from the power supply and see if you can get it to turn on (google for how to turn on an atx power supply by shorting the power on pins on the main connector).

If the power supply is dead, see if there's one around the shop to try...

--Marty

Anderson Ta

Mar 27, 2011, 7:55:22 PM3/27/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
Todd,

This further confirms that you are bad luck around machines. First the fab lab and now the node. Hopefully you don't visit Shapeways or they might have to close down for machine repairs.

-Andy

Anderson Ta

Mar 27, 2011, 8:02:34 PM3/27/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
Could it be possible that the motherboard lost it's firmware? I had a similar issue and that was the case. Hit the reset switch on the motherboard and see if any of the debug LEDs blink. If they do, reflash the firmware. Just a suggestion.

- Andy

Sent from my iPad

Todd Blatt

Mar 29, 2011, 3:33:57 PM3/29/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
i got it to blink but now i'm trying to update the firmware.  the red debug light blinks when you hold the reset button

Todd Blatt
tbl...@gmail.com
@tblatt on twitter
443-599-9196
www.bytestobits.com

Todd Blatt

Mar 29, 2011, 3:35:27 PM3/29/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
firmware upgrade succeeded!  you have to pick reprap motherboard v 2.4 and push the reset and upload button at the same time.  there are two buttons.  use the one that is lower that says reprap motherboard on it

Todd Blatt

Mar 29, 2011, 3:36:36 PM3/29/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
andy gets 400 points!

Todd

Mar 29, 2011, 3:53:53 PM3/29/11
to Baltimore Node MakerBot Users Group
cept now it only moves back and forth, up and down. it's ignoring left
and right

On Mar 29, 3:36 pm, Todd Blatt <tbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> andy gets 400 points!
>
> Todd Blatt
> tbl...@gmail.com
> @tblatt on twitter
> 443-599-9196www.bytestobits.com
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Todd Blatt <tbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > firmware upgrade succeeded!  you have to pick reprap motherboard v 2.4 and
> > push the reset and upload button at the same time.  there are two buttons.
> >  use the one that is lower that says reprap motherboard on it
>
> > Todd Blatt
> > tbl...@gmail.com
> > @tblatt on twitter
> > 443-599-9196
> >www.bytestobits.com
>
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Todd Blatt <tbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> i got it to blink but now i'm trying to update the firmware.  the red
> >> debug light blinks when you hold the reset button
>
> >> Todd Blatt
> >> tbl...@gmail.com
> >> @tblatt on twitter
> >> 443-599-9196
> >>www.bytestobits.com

Marty McGuire

Mar 29, 2011, 4:08:21 PM3/29/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
Double check the cable between the motherboard and that stepper controller.  Hopefully something is loose rather than being broken.

--Marty

Todd

Mar 29, 2011, 4:08:30 PM3/29/11
to Baltimore Node MakerBot Users Group
downgraded to the next oldest firmware and now it works

Marty McGuire

Mar 29, 2011, 4:18:25 PM3/29/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com, Todd
Weirdness!