So we've got this Makerbot... How do I use it?

Todd

May 11, 2011, 2:47:41 PM5/11/11
to Baltimore Node MakerBot Users Group
Let's use this thread to talk about how to set up your computer to use
the printer.

We're using Replicator G to control the bot. That is available at
www.replicat.org

Marty McGuire

May 11, 2011, 3:15:31 PM5/11/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a special skeinforge profile you use with the bot?  That might be worth posting somewhere.

Also, which version of skeinforge do you typically use?  I think the default is skeinforge 6 (way old, but good for Cupcake CNCs).

Todd

May 11, 2011, 3:50:11 PM5/11/11
to Baltimore Node MakerBot Users Group
Skeinforge is the software that slices the stl files into layers, and
turns it into gcode that the makerbot can understand. There are a lot
of settings you can change.

I've got settings on my other laptop, but not on the one I'm currently
on.

Anderson Ta

May 11, 2011, 4:01:59 PM5/11/11
to baltimore...@googlegroups.com
MakerBlock just blogged about the ProfileMaker. That might be of
interest if you don't want to get into the nitty-gritty mess that is
Skeinforge.

http://www.makerbot.com/blog/2011/05/11/profilemaker-stop-printing-calibration-cubes/

- Andy