John A Souza

nancy jean baptiste

Sep 13, 2016, 2:37:24 PM9/13/16
to azores group

Greetings,

I'm looking for a DNA 2nd cousin at FTDNA...John A Souza. the email listed for him doesn't work. Does anyone know him or perhaps he's even reading this message.

Hopeful,

Nancy Jean Baptista

Rosemarie Capodicci

Sep 13, 2016, 3:07:37 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Nancy, he is showing as a 3rd to 5th cousin to me also. I think that I corresponded with him at one time and we couldn't find any connection, only 33 cM's or so in common. I will look and see if I can find the email!

Rosemarie
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---

Rosemarie Capodicci

Sep 13, 2016, 3:14:32 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Nancy, when I bring you up in FTdna and do an 'in common with' he doesn't show and you don't show with any of my matches! That is really weird. John A. also shows in common with Gilbert Machado and John Marks Souza and Jessie Lemos. Jessie I know is a connection thru my Grandfather's line on to his Mother. So, it looks like John A. is on my Mom's paternal line too.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:37 AM, nancy jean baptiste <fishso...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Marilyn Thompson

Sep 13, 2016, 3:46:12 PM9/13/16
to Cheri Mello
Rosemarie, Gilbert Machado is one of the kits that I manage. He is my mother's 1st cousin. His dad and my grandfather were brothers.

Rosemarie Capodicci

Sep 13, 2016, 3:59:57 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Marilyn, I know that I match several of your kits. We have to connect somewhere! We should have had Cheri work with both of us while we were in SLC, I didn't even think of it!

Rosemarie
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

nancy jean baptiste

Sep 13, 2016, 4:15:28 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com

I'm so confused right now! I hope John A Souza is still doing genealogy! He shows as a 2nd cousin to me in FTDNA, 3rd to both of my siblings, and 5th to my paternal uncle John......the problem is that he has a good tree that clearly shows we have 2 sets of common great grandparents and I'm confused but maybe even more.....what his tree proves though is that my grandparents, Emanuel Joseph Perry and Clara Enos Veterino were cousins....my mom's parents and she had no idea.....my grandfather, descends from Antonio de Sousa Pereira and Isabel de Jesus Silveira bettencourt and my grandmother from Manuel Silveira de Lemos and Ana Bernarda da Silveira........when I look at Johns tree these lines are so interwoven! BUT, how on earth does my dad's brother connect....Gedmatch says my parents are 6th cousins....they had no idea......I can't even tell all the connections because my head is spinning so much!!!!!

Wait.....too many cousins marrying....maybe my brain just doesn't work!!!!

Nancy Jean

Sep 13, 2016, 4:41:28 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com
The new buzz word is Indogamy (sp???) but it means that we show closer cousinship because of all of the intermarriage! My grandparents are 6th cousins also and they had no idea!! One from Santo Antonio and one from Ribeira da Areia and both going to church in Norte Grande!! Crazy genealogy we have that's for sure.

Rosemarie
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

Cheri Mello

Sep 13, 2016, 5:45:22 PM9/13/16
to Azores Genealogy
Nancy Jean, you made a typo in his email addy. He's probably doing genealogy. Group admins can log into the admin page to see when that person last logged into their genealogy page. He has a recent log in time period.

Rosemarie, it's endogamy with an "e," which is better than saying we're a bunch of inbreds! LOL

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Rosemarie Capodicci

Cheri Mello

Sep 13, 2016, 6:22:55 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, the computer doesn't know the scientific word "endogamy." So stick a Post-It to your monitor with the spelling. Cheri

Tish M

Sep 13, 2016, 8:37:41 PM9/13/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Apple does😉

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Cheri Mello <gfsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, the computer doesn't know the scientific word "endogamy." So stick a Post-It to your monitor with the spelling. Cheri

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.

sfig
Researching
Island: Santa Maria
Freguesia: Santa Barbara

nancy jean baptiste

Sep 14, 2016, 5:34:20 AM9/14/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com

No, I checked the email twice....it came back. I have 109 cM's with him.

Nancy Jean