Is there way to update a table post the completion of all events without trying to put an order on the event processing in axon

Ashwini Kumar

Jul 3, 2020, 5:07:53 AM7/3/20
to Axon Framework Users
I need to update a table for successfull/failed processing once all the events have been processed. How can i can do that in axon framework without ordering events in a processing group and i do not want to put all my events in one processing group

Steven van Beelen

Sep 16, 2020, 5:08:53 AM9/16/20
to Axon Framework Users
Hey Ashwini,

Your current description is rather short, making it a little tougher to deduce what you are actually going for.
Or, why you need this to begin with. Sharing more information on threads will only improve the support given by the community here.

What do you mean with "all events have been processed"?
Everything in the entire event stream?
Well, that's something which will never happen, as it is a never ending stream by nature. Unless you would shut down the application publishing events.

Or, are you talking about when a single event has been processed by all handlers?
Again, this is something which cannot be achieved without tying all your event handlers together in the same processing group.
The Event Processors and their Processing Groups are there to pull apart their concerns from one another, so that you can optimize for their exact needs.
If your  need is to know when everybody has handled everything, well, then you simply need to group everything together.

Trusting this helps you further Ashwini. If not, feel free to open a new issue on https://discuss.axoniq.io/.

Cheers,
Steven

PS. It is important to note that this mailing list will be discontinued as specified in this thread.
The thread also specifies where to look further for help when it comes to Axon as soon as this mailing list is closed.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 11:07 AM Ashwini Kumar <2011a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to update a table for successfull/failed processing once all the events have been processed. How can i can do that in axon framework without ordering events in a processing group and i do not want to put all my events in one processing group

2011a...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2020, 3:31:46 PM9/20/20
to Axon Framework Users
Hi Steven,

Thanks for your answer, I was checking if we can process all the domain events generated from my aggregate  and then update one table, I was able to achieve this by using saga.