Perform Action to the Window Gesture is Made instead of Active Window

Kai

Mar 12, 2024, 1:03:51 PMMar 12
to AutoControl
Good day!

As stated in subject, is there a way to perform action to the window where gesture is made (active or not), rather than active window?

For example I have maximized windows on both screens, with window on the left screen active. When I make gesture on the right screen to close tab I want it to perform only to the right screen window. Is it possible?

Thank you in advance!

AutoControl support

Mar 12, 2024, 5:44:46 PMMar 12
to AutoControl
Yes. You must use the "CLOSE TABS" advanced action and apply it to the "Hovered tab".
image.png

Kai

Mar 13, 2024, 11:11:07 AMMar 13
to AutoControl
Thanks for your reply! I actually tried this, but the action still happened on the active screen rather than the hovered screen. Could there be something I missed?

AutoControl support

Mar 13, 2024, 5:22:09 PMMar 13
to AutoControl
I your action looks exactly like the screenshot from yesterday, then the only explanation for it not working is some sort of malfunction or bug.
Please mention your browser brand and version as well as your Windows version so we can attempt to reproduce the issue.

M. Visser

Jun 4, 2024, 5:18:43 AMJun 4
to AutoControl
Hello,

Is this also possible with a switch to left/right tab action? I'm using hold right, press left to switch to left tab; this works only on the active window. When going the other way, it only works on the window the mouse pointer is over when I hold the left button for a second. If I go a little too fast it still performs the action on the active window. The right button trigger has a full override as not to open the context menu, if that makes a difference.

I've been using these gestures (with another extension) for years and I'd rather not have to relearn muscle memory...

Thanks in advance!

Forward Go

Jun 4, 2024, 12:24:31 PMJun 4
to AutoControl
SmartUp is pulled from google chrome store. People are looking for a replacement. I suggest you make some default gestures for people that are not so tech savvy. I am a dev myself. I was having some tough time adding the "apply to ".  I had basically add a action from a file by other users to get the apply to.

Forward Go

Jun 4, 2024, 12:28:45 PMJun 4
to AutoControl
Finally found the apply to  in advanced actions, That was not the best UX. I would prefer tp have option to toggle the apply to in regular action.

Forward Go

Jun 4, 2024, 12:30:59 PMJun 4
to AutoControl
I think there is a great marketing opportunity for autoControl  to be great replacement for smartUp. UX is not very easy ATM even for a dev like me.

Taan Stari

Jun 4, 2024, 4:56:44 PMJun 4
to AutoControl
switch.png
This is how I just managed to do it.

AutoControl support

Jun 4, 2024, 8:41:16 PMJun 4
to AutoControl
To those who've replied to this thread in the past 24 hours, please see the following post which addresses those issues:

M. Visser

Jun 6, 2024, 4:24:55 AMJun 6
to AutoControl
Thank you Taan, I'll try it out!