Asemic research

Bash Nova

Oct 28, 2021, 2:23:41 PM10/28/21
to asemic
Hi all,
Im currently doing my honours year degree in contemporary art practice and I am academically researching the post-modernist attack on authorship (Barthes or Foucault) in relation to asemic writing.
I have a few questions about asemic writing within academia and some questions for you artists - if anyone has any time, to spare for a chat about this, a response to this post would be wonderful.
IMG_20211024_143542_525.jpg
Asemic on hessian, 2021

Love <3

Cameron

Federico Federici

Oct 29, 2021, 4:33:07 AM10/29/21
to asemic
Of course, if you need to discuss about anything concerning asemic writing, feel free to contact me!
Best,
F.

John Bennett

Oct 29, 2021, 8:04:24 AM10/29/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
I'd be willing to add a comment or 2; via E-mail?

john

Dr. John M. Bennett
LUNA BISONTE PRODS
137 Leland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43214 USA

Founding Curator, Avant Writing Collection
Rare Books & MSS Library
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210 USA

www.johnmbennett.net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/beblank
https://library.osu.edu/rbml/avant
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/lunabisonteprods
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmehrlbennett
http://johnmbennettpoetry.blogspot.com/
LOST & FOUND TIMES: https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/handle/1811/45310

Bash Nova

Oct 29, 2021, 11:27:57 AM10/29/21
to asemic
Hi,
I've emailed both of you with the questions.
I hope they are not too much of a headache to answer.

Cameron

Maya Berbery

Oct 29, 2021, 4:10:48 PM10/29/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
Hello to you,

I would like to see your questions and perhaps contribute an idea or two...

May

Cecil Touchon

Oct 29, 2021, 6:15:03 PM10/29/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
Happy to help as well.
Cecil Touchon

--
Cecil Touchon
4810 West Alameda Street

claudio molina

Oct 30, 2021, 4:58:08 AM10/30/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
Oh yes!  I'm doing my research for PhD too. I'm very interesting to see what happened in this discussion. I have a lot of questions too hahaha 😂
By the way i share my work in this link if you want to check this out

:)

--
IMG_20211024_143542_525.jpg

Marco Giovenale

Oct 30, 2021, 6:36:09 AM10/30/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com

Maya Berbery

Oct 30, 2021, 10:58:09 AM10/30/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all,

This is great and getting more and more exciting. I'm also doing my phd thesis on asemic writing and the failure of language today. And this forum is very precious to me. Thanks again Marco for the different sources of info. I found more stuff that might be of interest. I'll post it soon here, just in case it might be useful. à suivre...

May

Laura Ortiz

Oct 30, 2021, 11:09:41 AM10/30/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
I can’t wait to read the work of all of you !!!! Good luck !!!!

Bash Nova

Oct 30, 2021, 1:21:41 PM10/30/21
to asemic
Yet again, ive emailed out the questions to all who have replied to this. It may come from swind...@hotmail.com -

Thank you to all who have answered already!

Cameron

dv....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 9:10:56 PM11/1/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
sure, ask away.
perhaps you guys better ask one question per mail so list-members can add their answers in the same thread...

dv

Neue Kathedrale des erotischen Elends ViLT

Platform voor Literatuur en ergere Ellende
 http://platformplee.nl

Het Schriftplatform
 http://asemic.be

Bash Nova

Nov 2, 2021, 10:17:54 AM11/2/21
to asemic
Im replying with a personal email with said questions to those that respond to this.

Cameron Thomson

Marco Giovenale

Nov 3, 2021, 5:01:26 AM11/3/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com

Jim Leftwich

Nov 3, 2021, 2:42:21 PM11/3/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Marco. The text is also available at the internet archive, here:

Marco Giovenale

Nov 3, 2021, 3:27:46 PM11/3/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com

Maya Berbery

Nov 16, 2021, 10:21:46 AM11/16/21
to ase...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all,

In the attachment some info on visual and asemic writing that might be of interest:

- expressions used to designate visual/asemic writing (from Roxane Jubert, a French artist-typographer)
- selected titles on asemic writing and related practices
- Web Resources (mostly from Marco's list).

Hope it is helpful

Good day to all of you

May

asemic and visual writing .docx

Bash Nova

Nov 27, 2021, 6:01:58 AM11/27/21
to asemic

Hi all!!

In regards to the original post - I would like to ask a couple of questions for my dissertation that have now been decided.

Questions;

Why do you personally make asemic writing?

Do you think Roland Barthes literary critique on authorship is relevant to asemic writing?

(For those that have not read it - please consider reading it before answering this question
a summary as to what its about; Barthes argues against the method of reading and criticism that relies on aspects of an author's identity to distill meaning from the author's work. In this type of criticism against which he argues, the experiences and biases of the author serve as a definitive "explanation" of the text. )

Please email me your answers at palli...@hotmail.com

Thanks

Cameron Thomson