Would like to use AS3OpenNI

Greg

Sep 14, 2011, 3:36:48 PM9/14/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hi,

I've just installed the latest required OpenNI framework and I am a
bit confused, since it seems that AS3OpenNI works with older versions
of the framework, as per the statements at the bottom of the home
page. And also when I try to start AS3OpenNI_Alpha_1.3.0 it says
XnVNITE.dll is missing.
So I looked for the older versions on the OpenNI website but I can't
find the archives.
How can I make it work then?

Thanks a lot
Greg

Homer

Sep 14, 2011, 4:48:56 PM9/14/11
to as3o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg, did you install the Primesense NITE implementation too ? The missing dll you mentioned above is embedded in this package.
If you did, check your system environment vars. You should have a var pointing on this Nite installation.

Hope this helps

(For previous release of OpenNi, I don't know where you can download them..)

Good luck
Homer

Greg

Sep 14, 2011, 5:41:51 PM9/14/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hi Homer,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I've found some recent instructions here:
http://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev/browse_thread/thread/051906e028ddb428/82925caf2c1cf31b?lnk=raot

But it sums up to :

1. install openni dev latest unstable win32
2. install avin2 sensorkinect win32
3. install nite win32 dev latest unstable

Get the XnVNITE_1_3_0.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\PrimeSense\NITE
\Bin
and copy it with AS3OpenNI_Alpha_1.3.0.exe and rename it to
XnVNITE.dll and it should work.

When running the exe it says "unable to connect to session server" but
then it says "Setting VGA resolution" and if I wave in front of it, it
says "Session progress"
So I guess it works.

Now what I would really need is some pure AS3 code snippets to be able
to get screen coords and push event. Please Homer, could you paste
some code here? Also how would I set the depth limits that determine
the min - max tracking thresholds? If there is any...

Thanks a lot,
Greg

On Sep 14, 10:48 pm, Homer <homer.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg, did you install the Primesense NITE implementation too ? The missing dll you mentioned above is embedded in this package.
> If you did, check your system environment vars. You should have a var pointing on this Nite installation.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> (For previous release of OpenNi, I don't know where you can download them..)
>
> Good luck
> Homer

Homer

Sep 14, 2011, 6:33:53 PM9/14/11
to as3o...@googlegroups.com
All you want is in the AS3OpenNI samples provided in the download section.
There are several examples which are a good start to understand the framework. If you have still questions I will help you.

Have fun

Homer

Greg

Sep 15, 2011, 12:51:00 AM9/15/11
to AS3OpenNI
OK, now the problem is I use FlashDevelop for coding, so I can't open
the project files provided. That's why I hoped that you could copy-
paste some example content here.

Thanks a lot
Greg

On Sep 15, 12:33 am, Homer <homer.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All you want is in the AS3OpenNI samples provided in the download section.
> There are several examples which are a good start to understand the framework. If you have still questions I will help you.
>
> Have fun
>
> Homer
>
> Le 14 sept. 2011 à 23:41, Greg <gergelynag...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> > Hi Homer,
>
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> > I've found some recent instructions here:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev/browse_thread/thread/051906...

Homer Simpson

Sep 15, 2011, 4:03:17 AM9/15/11
to as3o...@googlegroups.com
I understand.
But I'm not a pure flash developper, rather a flex developper.
I didn't try to use the framework inside a flash project, sorry.

However, you can open the provided FXP archives with Winrar.
You'll find several MXML files, which show you how to initialize the AS3OpenNI context, and how to implement each natural interaction event like tracking skeletal data, gestures, and so on.

Good luck

Homer.

Gergely Nagy

Sep 15, 2011, 4:40:35 AM9/15/11
to as3o...@googlegroups.com
Cool thanks, I didn't know that it was an archive.
So looking at it it seems clear. I will test it later and will report
back how it went.

Thanks
Greg

Homer Simpson