Fw: January BAC/PAC Meeting -- SCHEDULE CHANGE -- we will meet on Wednesday Jan. 11 at 7 pm

Cynthia Palmer

Jan 3, 2023, 11:02:52 AM1/3/23
to Arlington BAC, Pamela Van Hine, Leah Gerber
Hi BAC,

Sorry for (yet another) shift in the BAC schedule!!!!!!!!!! We are now planning to meet on Wedn Jan 11 at 7 pm.

(Backstory:  I had been trying to arrange for a conversation with the County staff to talk about their letter to VDOT concerning Route 1, and our BAC-PAC letter to the County Manager on same topic. It's really helpful to compare the two letters and identify points of convergence and divergence, and what's left out or needs reinforcement.
The County staff liaison to VDOT said she is not available on M the 9th, which is why we are pushing the meeting to Wedn the 11th. This will be a joint BAC-PAC meeting.)

Agenda to follow. We will also be talking about intersection safety and turning cars!

Happy new year, all. Be safe out there.
c.

Jan 9, 2023, 3:40:29 PM1/9/23
to Arlington BAC, Leah Gerber, Pamela Van Hine
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that we will have a BAC-PAC meeting this Wedn night at 7 pm. Hopefully most of us can make it.

I'll forward the final version of the agenda as soon as I get my hands on it, but the big item will be a conversation with County staff about their role in the VDOT Route 1 development. Some BAC/PAC members have submitted questions in advance. There will be a lot to talk about!!

I recommend reading the County's letter to VDOT if you've not yet done so... and perhaps taking a ride through the 18th Street underpass as a reminder of what's at stake.

See you on Wednesday.
Cynthia
PS. I'm attaching the County's letter for anyone who missed it the first time 'round.

--
~
Please make sure you intend to send your message to the WHOLE list before you simply hit reply & send. Thanks!

Ride safe, have fun. You are loved.

- For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/arlington-bac?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Arlington BAC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arlington-bac/1014310867.3831084.1672761770241%40mail.yahoo.com.
Arlington County Comments on VDOT Route 1 Phase 2.pdf

Cynthia Palmer

Jan 9, 2023, 9:08:37 PM1/9/23
to Arlington BAC, Leah Gerber, Pamela Van Hine
Hi all - Below please find the agenda and the log-in information for Wednesday's BAC-PAC meeting.
See you then! Cynthia

Arlington County Joint Pedestrian Advisory Committee / Bicycle Advisory Committee

Virtual / Online Meeting

Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 7:00 - 9:00 PM, TEAMS platform

DRAFT Agenda

7:00 - 7:10pm Welcome from the Chairs and Introductions

Cynthia Palmer, BAC Chair

           Lizzie Gallagher, PAC Chair

7:10 – 7:30pm Protected Bike Lane Quick-Build Projects

Elwyn Gonzalez, Transportation Planner, DES / DOT

protected bicycle facilities.

7:30 – 8:00pm Budget Priorities

           BAC/PAC Discussion

Ideas can be added to the Jamboard link (click here).

8:00 – 8:30pm Route 1 Discussion

Allison Bullock, Transportation Planning Manager, DES / DOT

8:30 – 8:50pm Engagement Opportunities and Project Updates

David Patton, Bike/Ped Planner, PAC Liaison DES / DOT

Leah Gerber, Bike/Ped Planner, BAC Liaison DES / DOT

·        South Section and Mount Vernon Trail Improvement Plan / Environmental Assessment

·        Arlington County EngagePage

·        Arlington County Newsletters

8:50 – 9:00 BAC/PAC Business, BAC Business, announcements

9:00 Adjourn

Charles Denney

Jan 10, 2023, 1:04:31 PM1/10/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com, Leah Gerber, Pamela Van Hine
Here is something to consider for Route 1.

IMG_0390

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2023, at 9:08 PM, 'Cynthia Palmer' via Arlington BAC <arling...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

--