Agents & dates

Caitlinn Grimm

Apr 27, 2022, 5:44:17 PMApr 27
to ArchivesSpace
It seems that in a recent update, the Agents form has changed and any Dates of Existence are appended to the end of the name in parentheses. Does anyone know of a way to turn this off?

We had been putting dates in the Name Forms > Dates field to appear as: Lastname, Firstname, Date-Date. We used the Dates of Existence field for the agents actually in LCNAF/NACO whose dates aren't included in the authorized form of name. We're trying to standardize our names as much as possible so they're the same across our catalog, Aspace, and Omeka, but this has introduced a new obstacle.