New install - Problem with JDBC connector string

Sarah Frieldsmith

May 16, 2022, 2:32:03 PMMay 16
to ArchivesSpace
Hi,

I searched the archives and tried to follow all the examples, but I am still stuck. When I try to set up the tables, I get:
Sequel::DatabaseConnectionError: Java::JavaSql::SQLException: Access denied for user 'archivesspace'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

My connection is successful with the below (password has an '@' in it, so it is in single quotes) and I have granted permission for the user on localhost and 1270.0.1:
mysql -uarchivesspace -p'REDACTED' --host=localhost --port=3306 archivesspace

in config.rb, I have, with the '@' character encoded as '%40':
AppConfig[:db_url] = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/archivesspace?user=archivesspace&password=REDACTED&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8"

I used the most recent connector and put it in archivesspace/lib as

Thoughts?

Sarah

Sarah Frieldsmith

May 16, 2022, 5:51:43 PMMay 16
to ArchivesSpace
Never mind! I removed the special/encoded character from the password all together, and all is well.