Graph view replacement

Mahmoud Abdelrazek

Mar 22, 2021, 9:38:57 AM3/22/21
to Arches Project
Hi all,

I am looking for a tool to visualise the resource models ( and maybe thesauri and collections too). I understand that the graph view in the resource designer is not available in v5.1. I wonder if anyone can recommend a tool that produces a similar impact.

In the HIP package, there was a few gephi files that can produce graph visualisations too. Is there a system to export the resource models in gephi format?

All best,
Mahmoud

Lindsey Gant

Mar 24, 2021, 7:26:05 PM3/24/21
to Arches Project
Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for your message. I see that your question has not been answered yet. Let me see if I can find someone from the group to help provide an answer.

Best,

Lindsey
Getty Conservation Institute, Arches

Cyrus Hiatt

Mar 24, 2021, 8:35:49 PM3/24/21
to Arches Project

Hi Mahmoud,

For early versions of Arches we used Gephi for graph design and that is probably why those files are available in HIP. As far as I know, nothing has been written to convert a (v4 or greater) Arches resource model into a gephi file. If you need a graph visualization, I would consider writing an Arches plugin and I would use the d3 code from 5.0. You could also write an alternate visualization in d3 or something like cytoscape.js if you want something different from the 5.0 radial tree in 5.0.

Hope that helps,

Cyrus