Export Search Sort

Jelena Lazova

Mar 31, 2021, 11:05:41 AM3/31/21
to Arches Project
Dear Arches team,
I was wondering if there is a way to order colum headers (and data acordingly) for the serach export to cvs?
It semas that the export orders the data from the graph not according to the order in the cards but in his own way.

Thank you in Advance,
Jelena

Annabel Enriquez

Apr 5, 2021, 2:20:48 PM4/5/21
to Arches Project
Dear Jelena,

Thank you for your post. To answer your question, at the moment, there is not a way to order the csv column headers in the search export csv. As you probably already know, you can decide what the column headers are (i.e. what nodes are represented in the export csv) via the Arches Designer, but there is no way to determine the order. If others have experience with this, hopefully, they will chime in to this thread. I will say that if this is an enhancement that you would like any developer involved with Arches to be aware of, you may submit an enhancement issue to the Arches github repository (here's information on how to do that: https://github.com/archesproject/arches/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#issue). Also, if through your own Arches work, you are able to create a solution for this, please do share your findings with the rest of the Arches community through the forum.

All the best,
Annabel
Getty Conservation Institute / Arches Project Team

David Osborne

Apr 6, 2021, 7:06:52 AM4/6/21
to Arches Project
Hi Jelena & Annabel,

Although I haven't used it, csvkit looks suitable for reordering/selecting columns:

csvcut -c column_c,column_a data.csv > new.csv

In the documentation (https://csvkit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/), the examples are all Unix/Linux shell commands but it's a Python tool installed using pip, so you already have the pre-requisites with your Arches installation.

Cheers,
David