Compilation Card (Monument Resource) - nodes displaying incorrect data, why?

manxnation...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2021, 11:30:53 AM3/17/21
to Arches Project
Hello - can anyone see what the problem might be with this and what I need to change in Arches v5.1.  It's happening in all the Compilation Cards.  Problem is this:

Monument Resource>Compilation Card
Data entered into the 'Date of compilation' node is instead displaying in the 'Compiler (person) node' - see screenshot 'Compiler (person)_node

BUT, in the Edit view, the data is in the correct nodes - see screenshot 'Compilation_edit

Why?  Do I need to adjust the Card?

Thanks for any help, it's got us stumped,

Jude.
(Manx National Heritage, Isle of Man)
Compilation_edit.jpg
Compiler (person)_node.png

Robert Sanderson

Mar 17, 2021, 11:57:54 AM3/17/21
to manxnation...@gmail.com, Arches Project

I think this is caused by having null values in intervening fields - the report view doesn't line them up correctly with the labels. If you click the "Hide null values" button at the top right, does it work?

I see, for example:

With null fields, it looks like the classification is Enfield
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.56.06 AM.png
But without, it's clearly the location:
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.56.15 AM.png
Rob

Rob Sanderson
Director for Cultural Heritage Metadata
Yale University

manxnation...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2021, 1:43:50 PM3/17/21
to Arches Project
Thanks Rob, yes, that's worked!

I just switched on 'Hide Null Values' at the top of the Report, and the labels then lined-up with the data; see attached screenshots.

That's a new feature in v5.1 - good to learn it.

Question - is there a way I can make 'Hide Null Values' the default setting for all Reports?

Thanks again,

Jude.
Hide Null Values.PNG
Hide Null_correct Compilation Card.PNG