Arches Collector mobile app and Arches 5.1

kuba...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 5:26:07 PM4/8/21
to Arches Project
Hi everyone!
I am on Arches 5.1.1 and I'm trying to make Arches Collector working.
I configured everything as described in documentation (couchdb, OAUTH_ID, cellary). I also created a project in Arches Collector Manager.
In Arches Collector I can add my instance but refreshing projects list returns nothing and produce problem in server console:
"POST /auth/user_profile HTTP/1.1" 200 4623
Not Found: //mobileprojects
"GET //mobileprojects?status HTTP/1.1" 404 34262

In this topic (https://groups.google.com/g/archesproject/c/5oz82mkU7Dk/m/vfsU-N6tDQAJ) I found that Arches 5.1 do not support actual version of mobile app but if that's true description of Collector specific facts in release notes don't make any sense.

Is Arches Collector working for anybody with 5.1?
Any clue about solving my error?
Any idea about upgraded Collector version release date?

Despite of described problem Arches 5.1 is a greate update and works much more stable for me. :)
Thank you in advance!

Adam Cox

Apr 14, 2021, 2:55:38 PM4/14/21
to Arches Project
I have the same question about an update to the mobile app; currently it is not compatible with Arches 5.1 and I believe at least one of the reasons is a business data schema change in core Arches for how resource instance nodes are stored.

Adam

Cyrus Hiatt

Apr 15, 2021, 4:24:25 PM4/15/21
to Arches Project
Hi Kuba,

I'm very glad to hear that upgrading has made Arches more stable for you, and sorry that you've run into problems with Collector. As Adam points out, the resource instance datatype in 5.1 is not compatible with the version of Collector available on Google Play and the App Store. That said, we have had success running Collector with Arches 5.1 as long as the project does not contain cards with that datatype. I recently tested downloading projects and syncing from an iOS device to our v5.1.3 instance and did not run into any errors. There are some differences between 5.1.3 and 5.1.1, but I don't think anything that would explain the error that you are seeing. I'm not sure why `mobileprojects?status` would return a 404.

To Adam's question about an update, we've made a number of important improvements to Collector and are currently in the process of testing, so we should have a release soon. Once we've resolved any issues that may fall out of testing, we'll announce an expected release date.

Cheers,

Cyrus

Adam Cox

Apr 15, 2021, 5:24:39 PM4/15/21
to Cyrus Hiatt, Arches Project
Thanks for this response Cyrus, looking forward to the release.

Adam