yes, I've asked Siri to turn on Voiceover on the Watch, no dice!

Peter Greco

Aug 28, 2021, 4:37:19 AM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Brian, thanks for your response!
Yes, I've asked SIRI to turn on Voiceover both SIRI on the Watch and I-phone, however, no dice, no response!
Any other thoughts?
Please?
Cheers
Peter

Aug 28, 2021, 4:52:04 AM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
So it may be either mute or volume. or some watchy thing I never heard of.

On Aug 28, 2021, at 3:37 AM, Peter Greco <peter.1...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Brian, thanks for your response!

Mark Baxter

Aug 28, 2021, 10:33:10 AM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
To turn on VoiceOver on an Apple Watch, press the “Digital Crown,” three times. This is the button that looks like and acts like a traditional watch “stem,” except it’s also a button. That’s how I turned on VO on my Apple Watch, after which I was able to pair it to my iPhone XR, and using the Watch app on the phone, set up all its features.
I love my Apple Watch.

—Mark BurningHawk Baxter
Twitter: @MarkBurningHawk
Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 28, 2021, at 2:52 AM, Brian Tew <monta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So it may be either mute or volume. or some watchy thing I never heard of.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/933D1FEC-CCB5-4BBA-B3CE-6D7316CA7E98%40gmail.com.

Margaret Ricciardi

Aug 28, 2021, 1:55:48 PM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
You can also go to mywatch on your phone. Scroll down until you see general, go to accessibility, go to voiceover to turn it on or off.

Peggy & Dixie Marie

Sent from my iPhone
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/933D1FEC-CCB5-4BBA-B3CE-6D7316CA7E98%40gmail.com.

Margaret Ricciardi

Aug 28, 2021, 3:01:22 PM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Watch can also be muted or unmuted.

Peggy & Dixie Marie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 28, 2021, at 4:52 AM, Brian Tew <monta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/933D1FEC-CCB5-4BBA-B3CE-6D7316CA7E98%40gmail.com.

Emma May

Aug 28, 2021, 3:38:16 PM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
That doesn’t surprise me as I accidentally didx that with voice-over on the Mac and it took my it brother to know how to put it back on. What a pain. Love emma
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/DD45F82F-B732-467A-BFAE-92608BA9EB7C%40aol.com.

Mark Baxter

Aug 28, 2021, 5:20:50 PM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
On the Mac, the F10 key (or Function F10, depending on how you’ve got it configured) mutes or unmutes VoiceOver and sounds in general. But, come to think of it, I’ve never found a way to mute an Apple Watch? How does one do this?

—Mark BurningHawk Baxter
Twitter: @MarkBurningHawk
Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 28, 2021, at 1:38 PM, 'Emma May' via apple braille <appleb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> That doesn’t surprise me as I accidentally didx that with voice-over on the Mac and it took my it brother to know how to put it back on. What a pain. Love emma
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/8A22503A-2ED7-42E5-9279-264EAC116FE3%40icloud.com.

Richard Turner

Aug 28, 2021, 7:41:02 PM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
You mute or unmute the watch with same gesture as the phone, a three finger double tap.

Richard

"The fact that an opinion is widely held is no evidence that it is not utterly absurd.
"
- Bertrand Russell
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Mark Baxter <markba...@gmail.com> wrote:

On the Mac, the F10 key (or Function F10, depending on how you’ve got it configured) mutes or unmutes VoiceOver and sounds in general. But, come to think of it, I’ve never found a way to mute an Apple Watch? How does one do this?

Mark Baxter

Aug 28, 2021, 8:37:26 PM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this; just wanted to make sure I knew how to reverse it before I did it. :) I have n SE, and even though it’s four generations back from current, I seriously love the way it works with my phone.

—Mark BurningHawk Baxter
Twitter:  @MarkBurningHawk
Sent from my iPhone