perhaps somewhat off topic, AppleWatch has stopped speaking, any thoughts please?

Peter Greco

Aug 27, 2021, 11:14:44 PM8/27/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hello, apologies for being somewhat off topic!
My Apple Watch is not speaking, Voiceover is on the I-phone, and it seems VOICEOVER is also on the Apple Watch! Any help - suggestions would be very much appreciated, and happy to be contacted off Lists!
peter.1...@bigpond.com

Brian Tew

Aug 28, 2021, 1:37:17 AM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Do watches have siri? If so tell her to turn on voiceover.

possible culprits:
1: mute
2: volume
3: audio routing? do watches have that?

Good luck.

On Aug 27, 2021, at 10:14 PM, Peter Greco <peter.1...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Hello, apologies for being somewhat off topic!
My Apple Watch is not speaking, Voiceover is on the I-phone, and it seems VOICEOVER is also on the Apple Watch! Any help - suggestions would be very much appreciated, and happy to be contacted off Lists!
peter.1...@bigpond.com

Scott Dollar

Aug 28, 2021, 2:17:09 AM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Apple Wtch is part of the Apple products. It is part of as related .

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 28, 2021, at 12:37 AM, Brian Tew <monttopic
Apple Watch Serdo carry the VoiceOver as I am not mistake about it.

As Brian just gave you the instructions.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Scott Dollar

> ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do watches have siri? If so tell her to turn on voiceover.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/9DA9D1E5-1C70-40C7-B923-1BE5A7E70C66%40gmail.com.

Mark Baxter

Aug 28, 2021, 10:37:15 AM8/28/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think Apple Watch has “audio destination,” routine, at least not in the rotor. Another possibility might be “silent mode,” or “theater mode,” which are in Control Center. I have, however, been told that VoiceOver keeps working even when silent or theater mode is on, so I don’t know. Is the battery charged? What series is the Watch? Volume for VoiceOver is located in the rotor, but if you can’t hear it speaking, then I don’t know how you’d get around to it through the rotor.

—Mark BurningHawk Baxter
Twitter: @MarkBurningHawk
Sent from my iPhone