New APK keystore file Creation in Adroid Studio

Nii Darko Darkoh

May 17, 2022, 9:14:26 AM5/17/22
to DroidScript
Hi guys,
As follow up to my keystore issue, google advised that I use Android Studio along with some explicit directions to create a new keystore file for upload. I believe creating a keystore file in DS accomplishes same.
So I want to ask if I can go ahead and create the file in DS ?
By the way the following is the response Google sent to me concerning the file creation.
-----------------------------
Hi Developer,

Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support.

Now that we’ve verified your account, I’m happy to help you reset the upload key for your app. The new upload key will be used to sign APKs that you upload to Play.

We recommend that you adjust your planning to include a buffer period of 48 hours from when the upload key has been reset before you can use the new upload key. You can learn more about using app signing by Google Play here.

Here’s how to generate and register a new upload key:

  1. Follow the instructions in the Android Studio Help Center to generate a new key. It must be different from any previous keys. Alternatively, you can use the following command line to generate a new key:

keytool -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 9125 -keystore keystore.jks

  • This key must be a 2048 bit RSA key and have 25-year validity.
  1. Export the certificate for that key to PEM format:

keytool -export -rfc -alias upload -file upload_certificate.pem -keystore keystore.jks

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Rebecca
Google Play Developer Support