DriodeScript BlueStacks Connection

Kamal Chapagai

Apr 14, 2022, 7:07:11 AM4/14/22
to DroidScript
Hi All,
I have downloaded and installed DriodScript on BlueStack to run on my PC. When i enable WiFi to edit from browser, the IP address gives error:

This site can’t be reached
10.0.2.15 took too long to respond.

Any tips to get the connection?
Thanks

Alan Hendry

Apr 14, 2022, 12:34:18 PM4/14/22
to DroidScript
HI,
My laptop died so I can't try this now.
I presume you are using one PC to run DS under BlueStacks, "touching" the WiFi icon,
then on the same PC opening a browser and trying to access the IP address.
(Obviously) the PC needs to be connected to WiFi, and you have to use the exact IP address specified.
Regards, ah

Steve Baker

Apr 28, 2022, 4:08:18 AM4/28/22
to DroidScript
I have a similar setup. Use a browser within Bluestacks. Then the Run button starts the code and Esc exits and takes you back to the editor.

(I believe the IP if what DS is publishing the editor page at, but Windows can't see it since it's inside Bluestacks. When I use DS on a real Android device on the same LAN i get a LAN type IP, e.g. 192.168.1.8:8088)

Right2TheV0id

Jun 9, 2022, 1:07:23 PM6/9/22
to DroidScript

Emulators like BlueStacks are virtual machines which have their own virtual network, isolated from the host local network for security concerns.
But there is an option to access the virtual machine's "Wifi IDE" on the host: using adb and port forwarding.
At first I'd recommend to test using the adb connection with a physical android device to learn how to do it, then you could try with BlueStacks (which I've done quite often).
Here are some informations about how to use adb to access the "Wifi IDE":