Tell us what you want V3

DroidScript

Sep 23, 2019, 3:36:21 AM9/23/19
to DroidScript
Let us know what you want adding to DroidScript.  We've got a growing 'Todo' list but we are not quite sure what people are going to want the most, so let us know in this thread.

Don't worry the team has not forgotten there are still outstanding requests from

and even

Those that are considered practical are on the Todo list though some have a higher priority than others.

And of course if you have a Premium subscription you have a good chance of getting higher up the priority list by posting in

I would also like to make a few requests about posting in this thread

This is a place to request new features and enhancements to existing features, not for requests for coding help or general discussion

If you are not sure whether a feature exist, please start a new Question thread instead of posting here.
If you receive a response that DroidScript does not currently exist, then by all means post here. It is quite likely the person answering your question wijj recommend it.

If you see a request here for something that already exists, please do not start a lengthy discussion here.
It is better to post details in a seperate Discussion thread and post a reply including a link to that thread.

If you feel the need to repeat a request that was made by someone else in order to make it clear that there is significant demand for a specific feature, it is ok to do that once but multiple requests from the same person for the same feature are not a good way to motivate the team to be helpful.
There is also little point in requesting a feature that you know has already been requested several times in the last few months.

Kallikratidas

Sep 27, 2019, 9:59:18 AM9/27/19
to DroidScript
Just waiting it for many years:
Web.GetHtml();
Web.GetPage()-> page.title, page.html, page.host, page.href;

Web.SetOnWindow(cb);
Web.SetOnRequest(cb); //Go Fullscreen, Set NavigationBar Color etc.
And fix the bug-> web_OnProgress(100); is called twice in the 3 devices I used( latest DroidScript Version)

Dave

Sep 27, 2019, 10:37:58 AM9/27/19
to DroidScript

Android does not provide a clean way to get the html, but you can do tricks with web.Execute() see here:-

The web_OnProgress being called twice is an Android thing again.  It fires the progress callback multiple times for multiple resources and/or page redirects. I however I just put a new flag into the DS code which should prevent the callback being fired again after 100% is reached (for each call to web.LoadUrl() or web.LoadHtml(), web.Forward(), web.Back())

I also just added web.GetTitle() however I'm not sure what you mean by web.SetOnWindow and web.SetOnRequest.. you need to explain more.

Kallikratidas

Sep 27, 2019, 3:48:32 PM9/27/19
to DroidScript
@Dave Thanks for your response.
I knew that I could get the page html by using Web.Execute(); and some jquery and I have already achieved it.
I was just hoping that there was a better way. (To get the httpRequest response the webview does and gets html)

Now:
Web.SetOnWindow(cb);-->should be called when page requests to open a new window. function OnWebViewWindow(url){}

Web.SetOnRequest(cb); -->(Could also include the above in a way).
This shod be called when the page makes a request--> eg. when js says Element.requestFullscreen();
, or when page wants to start sending notifications, or request to change the orientantion.
Anyway, handling requests that can be only applied by the application.
I think that was more clear.

And finally I remembered also these:
Web.SetOnAlert(cb);, Web.SetOnPrompt(cb);-->Stop giving to browser the access to the app alerts.

Web.GetFavIcon(); -->returns the page favIcon url to be shown at the top.

Martin Johnson

Oct 19, 2019, 12:54:29 AM10/19/19
to DroidScript
I want to write fully functional apps for android using python.

Jason Custer

Oct 19, 2019, 2:30:21 AM10/19/19
to DroidScript
How about a donate button in the menu so we can show our appreciation for New features?

Dave

Oct 19, 2019, 6:09:43 PM10/19/19
to DroidScript
You can donate here :)

Google does not allow donate buttons in apps (unless you use their payment system and give them their 30%), someone recently had their very popular free app removed by google because they had a donate button!

Kallikratidas

Nov 2, 2019, 4:46:30 PM11/2/19
to DroidScript
Hi Dave!
I would like to please you giving a try to add important css options to the image object:
For example to create rounded corners image. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2459916/how-to-make-an-imageview-with-rounded-corners/54781115
Message has been deleted

MasterOS

Nov 26, 2019, 12:32:14 AM11/26/19
to DroidScript
Hi, Dave, please share me MediaStorageQuery plugin.

LolUser

Nov 28, 2019, 12:22:24 PM11/28/19
to DroidScript
I would love to see a straight forward way of including 3rd party javascript libraries!
For me this is a minimum requirement to get started with droidscript.
I tried half a year ago and it was really hard to get it going

It is okay, if it only works for apps that are webviews

Justin blAblA

Nov 30, 2019, 3:23:20 AM11/30/19
to DroidScript
if you include the required javascript librarys in the app you can load them with
app.LoadScript( "path/or/url/to/file.js" );
(you may need to add the Network permissions to load from a url in an APK)

and in a html app you can simply include any file you can access as you want like on a "real" web page

henry g

Dec 11, 2019, 8:23:01 PM12/11/19
to DroidScript
make apk free

Insedere GmbH

Dec 17, 2019, 4:36:56 PM12/17/19
to DroidScript
Droidscript for wear os

Omer Meshy

Dec 28, 2019, 2:25:20 AM12/28/19
to DroidScript
An option to auto arrange the code. Spaces, tabs etc.
This option exists in every code editor.
Message has been deleted

Last time

Jan 20, 2020, 3:59:39 AM1/20/20
to DroidScript

MasterOS

Jan 24, 2020, 2:07:46 AM1/24/20
to DroidScript
Hi, how I can hide/obfuscate plugins connected to my apk files?
Plugins a open & unobfuscated: example.apk/assets/plugins
Help me plz!

omid

Jan 25, 2020, 2:14:50 AM1/25/20
to DroidScript
Hi Dave
Great DroidScript
Please increase the accessibility of ui and ux.

And add this button Thanks
https://material.io/compactions/buttons/

omid

Jan 25, 2020, 2:46:49 AM1/25/20
to DroidScript
Create a plugin tutorial for DroidScript with Java.

Make a tutorial film with lots of fun examples

This makes DroidScript bigger

DroidScript is very slow
Remove extra useless elements.
This will make DroidScript faster and more popular

Otherwise DroidScript is not used in large projects

Thanks to the production team

Jason Custer

Jan 25, 2020, 2:04:41 PM1/25/20
to DroidScript
Just a suggestion, rather than removing items, thereby limiting droidscript functionality, why not put them in plug-ins if you want to make DS smaller. That way, when people want certain things, they can include the plugin for that thing. I would hate to see DS lose features, because you never know what you might need, or when you might need it. I know it's a tightrope walk, but I would hate to see everything made into a plug-in, for example plugin for a button, plugin for a textedit, etc.Thank you!

Brad Yoch

Jan 30, 2020, 12:36:46 AM1/30/20
to DroidScript
TextEdit needs
pattern="[A-Za-z]{3}"

<form>Country code: <input type="text" name="country_code"
pattern="[A-Za-z]{3}" title="Three letter country code">
<input type="submit">
</form>

Steve Garman

Jan 30, 2020, 5:09:58 AM1/30/20
to DroidScript
@Brad Yoch

If you want to use an html form, you can wrap it in a WebView but I have posted a way to do something similsr with a TextEdit at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/androidscript/rLRkEhl1sCs/vGpW1_s3FQAJ

Dimon

Feb 12, 2020, 3:08:04 PM2/12/20
to DroidScript
Dave, thanks for the CardView, this is a big step forward in the UI. Are you planning to implement the ability to install CardView as the root element of ListView items?

Dave

Feb 14, 2020, 7:09:48 AM2/14/20
to DroidScript
@Dimon:  Are you saying you want a CardList control?

Dimon

Feb 14, 2020, 1:53:30 PM2/14/20
to DroidScript
Dave, so that each ListView item was a card with img, title, subtitle elements

Kallikratidas

Feb 14, 2020, 3:21:44 PM2/14/20
to DroidScript
Great idea.
Something like the DS menu.

Dimon

Feb 15, 2020, 6:00:16 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
If the DS settings have a checkmark on Stay Awake, then the display will not fall asleep even when the DS is minimized, but not closed. In my opinion, this is a hidden danger of accidentally discharging the phone.

Kallikratidas

Feb 15, 2020, 6:32:12 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
Just turn it off.

Dimon

Feb 15, 2020, 7:34:34 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
Turning it off is the easiest way, but the checkmark is turned on by default, and not everyone will pay attention to it. If you write mWakeLock.acquire (); inside DS in onResume (), and mWakeLock.release (); in onPause (), then the mode will be activated only when DS is not minimized. That is exactly what I had in mind

Spanch Bob

Feb 15, 2020, 11:55:31 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
I would like to see more complex examples like gta5 or at least pubg u know

Steve Garman

Feb 15, 2020, 12:42:04 PM2/15/20
to DroidScript
@Spanch Bob

I would not suggest attempting to write either of those games in DroidScript, they are too complex.

Have you seen these headlines?
https://www-gamespot-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/rockstar-more-than-1000-people-made-gtav/1100-6415330/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15817877312527&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Farticles%2Frockstar-more-than-1000-people-made-gtav%2F1100-6415330%2F

Pubg is developed by 35 regular developers and 5 freelancers.

Neither of these is a job for a few part time developers or a tool like DroidScript.

Kallikratidas

Feb 16, 2020, 4:04:09 PM2/16/20
to DroidScript
I have achieved to create brawl stars
in DroidScript by using 2d graphics.
It is realtime online and is tested many times by my friends. It works perfectly.

For such real time online games like pubg, I suggest you take a look at the Google Firebase Realtime Database to combine it with DroidScript. You can use the Glview2 plugin I am working on because it is having a full list of functions to make a map view environment.

Functions like:
game.FocusObject(obj); //The map center will be the selected object, player.
game.SetOnAnimate(cb);
game.Update();//Updates the physics

function OnAnimate(){
//obj.frame returns an array of the game objects in the correct order to display.
game.frame.forEach(obj){
canvas.DrawImage(obj.img, obj.x,obj.y,obj.w,obj.h,obj.angle);
}
);
game.Animate();
}

Dimon

Feb 24, 2020, 8:02:37 AM2/24/20
to DroidScript
Add the SetWeight method for elements placed in the linear linker.

Michael Molinari

Feb 25, 2020, 2:34:18 PM2/25/20
to DroidScript
Some kind of WYSIWYG editor for GUIs.

Chennafo Hakim

Mar 22, 2020, 1:48:00 PM3/22/20
to DroidScript
This .
_________________
|Copy , Paste |:|
_________________

So This Box She's Show When Text Is Selected , That Mean I Need To Hide It !?
_Also The Selected Corner
Exmp :
left-Corner-[©___[Selected Txt]___©]Right-Corner

Dave

Mar 23, 2020, 9:50:24 AM3/23/20
to DroidScript
The next version of DS (soon to be released) has the 'NoLongClick' and 'NoSelect' options which might do what you want.
Message has been deleted

Omer Meshy

Mar 24, 2020, 2:30:02 AM3/24/20
to DroidScript
Hello
Can you add in next versions an upgrade for the wifi editor?
Now its no more than a keyboard with auto complete.
For example you can see the visual studio.

The most important things:
Create for/while loops quickly.

Auto arrange for the code.

Note for names of objects, functions and variables if they are not ok (as pep8 in python and pycharm).

If there is a compile error show it in live (before I run the code).

This is only a few things (not to mention break points). As I said, there are many editors that you can take them as an example.

Regards
Omer Meshy

Message has been deleted

Alan Hendry

Mar 30, 2020, 6:19:02 AM3/30/20
to DroidScript
(Obviously) it would be great to have DS for iPhone.
Occasionally you post status about this.
The first step may be for the Android App to be able to build for Android and iPhone.
Then users could publish their apps on both platforms.
To me this would be the 'holy grail'
of a development system with a shallow learning curve (for programmers who already know JS)
and the ability to sell apps to both Android and Apple communities.

Dave

Mar 30, 2020, 3:25:25 PM3/30/20
to DroidScript
I've already begun work on the next generation of DS... it's a little way off right now, but I'm expecting to support multiple platforms including Android, IOS, PC and Mac desktops.  This will be achieved using the new(ish) PWA technology that is finally starting to be supported by IOS (they have been dragging their heels, despite the fact that Steve Jobs invented it many years ago!).  Of course you can still publish PWAs as regular Play Store or App Store apps if required by wrapping them in a Webview component or cross-compiling them.

Browser technology is becoming increasing powerful and I fully expect almost all apps to eventually be built using browser technologies, whether it's using tools like 'Electron' or PWAs.  This means JavaScript (and its variants) will become even more dominant, which is good for DS users :)

Currently I'm looking at using the highly performant and very popular 'React' framework and the 'Material-UI' components.  I'll be wrapping this all up in a thin compatibility layer so you can still use the simple syntax you are familiar with in DS.

Kallikratidas

Mar 31, 2020, 9:10:55 PM3/31/20
to DroidScript
Dave I suggest you try to make what I gave up before some months: Support DS in a WebView!

app.CreateLayout,Text,Image and all the DS (apart from some specific ones') to have the same result in a WebView.

mkamoski

Apr 14, 2020, 11:55:18 AM4/14/20
to DroidScript
Dear DroidScript Developers,

Please add the following.

Full IntelliSense (AKA code completion) for JavaScript, in the DroidScript Browser IDE and in the DroidScript Google App IDE.

Support for Blazor.

Support to use Visual Studio Code to edit a project locally and upload (or connect directly via DroidScript).

Support to create project offline, using pure HTML and pure JavaScript, and then upload the whole project into DroidScript for packaging.

Support to generate an unsigned APK and then let Google Play Developer Console sign the app when publishing to the Google Play Store.

Francois Blais

Apr 22, 2020, 5:56:37 PM4/22/20
to DroidScript
i would like some more documentation on  app.SysExec()
the parameter uses
some samples

AndroPi

Apr 25, 2020, 3:29:12 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
If possible change package name of DroidScript official and x-version that way both the apps can be installed at a time. Or if there is any option.

Steve Garman

Apr 25, 2020, 4:04:15 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
@Andropi
If you are using the same version of DS for both X and non-X (currently 1.80) you can swap between them without uninstalling or losing anything just by installing the appropriate apk and zip files over the top of the other.

I keep versions of all 4 files on my phone so I can do it when offline.

I keep them in 2 separate folders so I can rename apkbuilder_180X.zip to apkbuilder.zip

AndroPi

Apr 25, 2020, 4:21:30 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
Yes, I can do that but everytime renaming of apkbuilder is little painful. Also few months back I lost keystroke file while remaining files (I did backup already so no major issue) and it creates another keystroke file....and now everytime I am having too much confusion that which version of DS work with which apkbuilder and which apk is signed with which file.

That's why I suggest if possible because it is painful for me to rename 3 files everytime mainly because of sms terms by Google Play

Symbroson

Apr 25, 2020, 7:06:44 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
Why dont you write a program for it handling the renaming and
copying. You can even start the installing progress.
At the end you just run the programm and hit one of the two buttons 'install X/Dflt version' and allow the install and youre done

AndroPi

Apr 25, 2020, 10:08:15 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
Nice idea ... 👍👍👍 ... Thanks

Medien Forscher

Apr 30, 2020, 5:12:58 PM4/30/20
to DroidScript
Multi-threading. I know it may not be possible but single threading was limiting the performance of my app.

Kallikratidas

May 1, 2020, 10:39:59 AM5/1/20
to DroidScript
I am not sure if you mean this, but you can try the _Thread(file); function or even a JavaScript Worker

Swise Inc.

May 5, 2020, 7:19:10 AM5/5/20
to DroidScript
How to control screen touches without touching the phone. I really need this feature for some voice control app i am doing.. it will also help others big time in their apps

Swise Inc.

May 5, 2020, 7:36:43 AM5/5/20
to DroidScript
DS feature to control phone touches on the screen..

Jonas S Karlsson

May 5, 2020, 7:50:10 AM5/5/20
to DroidScript
As there was no acknowledge from the team regarding the question of WebView and UrlLoad catch, I'm adding it here.

I need to trap any user clicks on urls or actions that lead to a new url being loaded, handle that and STOP it from loading.

There seems to be a java native solution and other languages have integrated similar solutions:

https://developer.android.com/reference/kotlin/android/webkit/WebViewClient#shouldoverrideurlloading_1

I've tried to use web.SetTouch.. But it only gets up, down, and move events on the "outside" of webview. Click inside the web doesn't pass through that function.

I do not want to modify the dom of the page, and there is no easy way to "call out" to the app anyway. I'm aware of .Execute() of course but that doesn't solve the problem.

Any solution at hand, or something that could be implemented? It seems to be trusted to WebViewClients etc.

I'd prefer if I could use DroidScript for this but no acknowledged from the team about indicate that i need to find another solution like use kotlin(?) Language platform that seems to support the requested feature.

I'm aware of a similar request years ago but it's different, in my case, or another case, using DroidScript doesn't seem to be feasible to implement a custom web browser with alternative popup menu when clicking on a link and stopping the page from being loaded.

Thanks

Dave

May 6, 2020, 6:38:02 AM5/6/20
to DroidScript
Hi Jonas,

The webview already overrides the shouldOverrideUrlLoading method in order to achieve its redirecting functionality and to support the option to force exernal browser use on link clicks.

It might be fairly simple to provide a callback that fires when a url is clicked which passes the chosen url as a parameter and cancel the original navigation.  This would allow you to intercept any navigation and decide if you want to call the web.LoadUrl() method yourself.

Would that work for you?