Tell us what you want V2

Dave Smart

Apr 8, 2017, 3:42:41 PM4/8/17
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Let us know what you want adding to DroidScript.  We've got a growing 'Todo' list but we are not quite sure what people are going to want the most, so let us know in this thread.

JustAnotherDude

Apr 8, 2017, 4:12:14 PM4/8/17
to DroidScript
a better Upload funktion with more options?

Kashif Rafi

Apr 8, 2017, 4:40:42 PM4/8/17
to DroidScript
your product is awesome, i cannot thing of any additions to it (its already perfect), i have only one problem i tried to buy apk builder plugin but my payoneer card got rejected ( i dont know why ), is there any other way to buy that plugin
Message has been deleted

Manuel Lopes

Apr 8, 2017, 6:10:01 PM4/8/17
to DroidScript
dave if possible add a option to change where the projects are created and the apks created, if is in the internal memory or sd card because some phones have samall internal memory and if is created in the internal is not a good idea , please if possible add this option will be great , thanks

HBVideos

Apr 8, 2017, 11:42:37 PM4/8/17
to DroidScript
I want to make a good music player than default Android music player....

HBVideos

Apr 8, 2017, 11:43:22 PM4/8/17
to DroidScript
Can you post some codes for music player ... Than will help me alot

nikhil baby

Apr 9, 2017, 12:03:06 AM4/9/17
to DroidScript
first of all thanks for the new V2 thread :)

I created a project in D.S in the name "Hello World" and when I uninstalled D.S and Installed the new one avilable in Google play, then my project gone.

i know that my project is replaced with "Hello World" sample. My request is the stop D.S to delete the project named "Hello World" and replace it with the Sample :)

Symbroson Development

Apr 9, 2017, 3:05:06 AM4/9/17
to DroidScript
@HBVideos this thread is not for making code requests but feature requests. Please make a new thread for this type of questions. Thank you :)

Mateusz Blc

Apr 9, 2017, 6:28:12 AM4/9/17
to DroidScript
Hi
Please add:
1 idea: add edt.SetFontFile();,text have this option, edit box haven't.
2 idea: add shearing scripts. New menu in droidscript and in menu options send script and download script. Who sends script to scripts menu be added this script and people can download this.
Thank's for read and sorry for my bad english.
Regrads

Symbroson Development

Apr 9, 2017, 8:16:56 AM4/9/17
to DroidScript
Hi Matheuz
Justin and I am already working on an app which will allow to up- and download projects. Also DS has an area in the menu where some bigger sample codes are available.
Regards :)

Harry Johnson

Apr 9, 2017, 10:32:26 AM4/9/17
to DroidScript
Will you please add scrollable tabs so I can stop using app.CreateScroller with multiple list controls to create the effect of swiping between lists?

Also, if at all possible, will you please add more functionality and control over the notification controls?

I know there's more, so I'll post back shortly.

On a side note, I would like to thank you for this fantastic application. I got the hang of it rather quickly and has sparked my interest in Java.

I'm currently creating a music player/music sharing application. Right now it's pretty basic. I have three list controls, a drawer control with application & account settings, a registration dialog (creates instance in database), Sign In/Sigb Out, RGB controls to alter the color of the application, a background service to handle all media queue requests, homemade toasts to handle end-user notifications from the application + error handling, playlist building, saving & loading...

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I still need to add a chat feature, file sharing and some redundancies & security.

István Donkó

Apr 11, 2017, 6:25:16 AM4/11/17
to DroidScript
It would be awesome if you could make handling BLE devices easier. (Right now I somehow cannot make it work using either DroidScript's built in Bluetooth commands or navigator.bluetooth although the same code works in chrome.)

Dave Smart

Apr 11, 2017, 9:24:14 AM4/11/17
to DroidScript
You need to use the BLE plugin... the built-in functions are only for Bluetooth serial.

István Donkó

Apr 11, 2017, 9:35:16 AM4/11/17
to DroidScript
Oh, I see!

I don't know how I didn't find that before... Thanks for the information!

Justin Ontita

Apr 11, 2017, 5:22:10 PM4/11/17
to DroidScript
Please add tutorials

Bernd

Apr 12, 2017, 4:32:40 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Hi Dave,
it will be very nice to handle all .js files in one project direct on the mobilephone,
like the wifi pc browser tool it can do.
The most time i am scripting on my phone and there i cant edit the other .js files.
No needed a deep scan in debug or something...only to switch between the scripts and edit them...

thank you and greetings from Berlin
Bernd

Dennis Koech Cheruiyot

Apr 12, 2017, 4:59:12 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
I want to start coding and I can't since I droidscript on my Android phone alone and it won't connect to the browser, PLEASE HELP!

Message has been deleted

Netpower8

Apr 12, 2017, 6:07:43 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
@Bernd

there is an app that does this already. please take a look at this

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/androidscript/umxYxIEn8rU

here's the google play store link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twoseventwodev.icodego

Bernd

Apr 12, 2017, 6:24:47 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Than you Netpower8,

i allready have the app (including prime).
But as a beginner on coding, droidscript has a view feature, i cant miss, so the next time i will prefer to use droidscript.
actually i have to switch between this two apps to handle my subscripts, but its not comfortable for me...
thats why i wish the possibility, handling subscripts in droidscript direct on my phone.

Nice day
Bernd

John Constatine

Apr 12, 2017, 6:31:26 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Please admob banner and interstial, and if possible video reward all admob

Questao De 5 Minutos

Apr 12, 2017, 6:44:29 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Admob please.😎✌

Ev. rodrigo dos santos

Apr 12, 2017, 6:51:30 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Admob is very important for me to be able to acquire income for the premium version, please admob in your to do list

JustAnotherDude

Apr 12, 2017, 7:25:18 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
for all admob guys here: Admob are on the list since 2016 xD

Symbroson Development

Apr 12, 2017, 7:44:04 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Both admob and multifile editing are on the feature request list - but I think there is a reason why it wasn't finally added yet. Please stay patiently

And please note this is a thread for *new* features. It is worth to search in this forum here because most of the requests are already answered here.

Thank you and best regards

jonh thitor

Apr 12, 2017, 8:49:32 AM4/12/17
to DroidScript
Well I would order the same thing as jonh, but if it is new here why not finalize the old things before the new ones? But I would like to see authentication via facebook api or google + gmail ... login authentication in application.

JustAnotherDude

Apr 12, 2017, 12:59:20 PM4/12/17
to DroidScript
note: you can make plugins yourself.. i dont ask the PHP dev if he can add Steam/Google/usw Auth... i do it

the only problem is that you need to know jsvs to make it but there are ways with javascript

Gloglas´s Studio

Apr 13, 2017, 9:26:25 AM4/13/17
to DroidScript
Add onetime buy premium. Or buying different premium functions.

Symbroson Development

Apr 13, 2017, 10:57:53 AM4/13/17
to DroidScript
It was often explained - it is no ontime purchase because the (very small) team who develop DS need to live from the money.

tijeritas tell

Apr 14, 2017, 7:22:05 AM4/14/17
to DroidScript
Hello Dave Smart, I would like you to test this code so simple that it does not work correctly in droidscript. I think the error is due to a conflict when the scroll is moved. Thanks for the help and your scripts.

list = [];

function OnStart()
{

    lay = app.CreateLayout("Absolute");

    scroll = app.CreateScroller(1, 1);
    scroll.SetPosition(0, 0);
    lay1 = app.CreateLayout("Linear", "FillXY,VCenter");
    lay1.SetBackColor("yellow");

    for (i = 0; i < 44; i++)
    {
        list[i] = app.CreateText("t" + i, 1, 0.08, "FontAwesome, Left");
        list[i].SetBackColor("#99bb99");
        list[i].SetTextColor("Black");
        list[i].SetTextSize(22);
        list[i].SetMargins(0, 0.002);
        list[i].SetPadding(0.06, 0.020, 0, 0);

        list[i].SetOnTouch(OnTouch);

        lay1.AddChild(list[i]);
        scroll.AddChild(lay1);
    }
    lay.AddChild(scroll);
    app.AddLayout(lay);

}

function OnTouch(ev)
{
    if (ev.action == "Down")
    {
        this.SetBackColor("yellow");
    }
    else if
    {
        this.SetBackColor("#99bb99");
    }
}

Dave Smart

Apr 14, 2017, 9:08:21 AM4/14/17
to DroidScript
Hi Tigeritas, You have made some mistakes in your code, but this is not the place for this type of post.  This thread is for feature requests.  Please create a new thread and ask your question again.
Message has been deleted

ridwan martono

Apr 14, 2017, 5:30:14 PM4/14/17
to DroidScript
1. Please add more option in downloader like download progress on background or in notification and support download by header deposition not only by filename such as Google video link download.

2. Add view "Full Screen" in video player/stream

3. Add history visits just something like history.back in JavaScript browser

Netpower8

Apr 14, 2017, 10:42:37 PM4/14/17
to DroidScript
@ridwan martono

#2 - i think its available already. its call game mode if i'm n ot mistaken

#3 - this one is simple enough just make an array list of string and keep track of the web address that was passed.
        the array of string will the history list

ridwan martono

Apr 14, 2017, 11:55:43 PM4/14/17
to DroidScript
#3 I mean in js app

Alex

Apr 15, 2017, 3:51:06 AM4/15/17
to DroidScript

Live Preview on Android and emulator when working from a WiFi IDE

Dave Smart

Apr 15, 2017, 6:22:37 AM4/15/17
to DroidScript
@ridwan. The Downloader object already supports hidden or visible progress using the 'NoDialog' option, also you might want to try the latest alpha version of DS because you can specify a target file name for downloads for situations where you have a complex download url without a file name.

Ray Green

Apr 16, 2017, 8:14:18 PM4/16/17
to DroidScript
An MQTT plugin would be very useful for me, I know that last year you were looking at creating one.

ansari_abdullah

Apr 19, 2017, 7:06:02 AM4/19/17
to DroidScript
HI there, One problem having with Droid Script, just read the following cases:

Case 1: I turned ON hotpot on Device B ( this device is not have running DroidScript ).
Case 2: I connected my phone (Device A) to Device B over WiFi, then I enabled WiFi editor (editing scripts on PC). It's worked fine, i mean it enabled.
Case 3: Keeping WiFi editing turn on, I closed the WiFi connection of Device A, and turned on the Hotspot on Device A, after that I connected my Laptop to Device A over WiFi, and entered 127.0.0.1:port into laptop's Chrome browser, Chrome just open the Editor which is nice.

Now, Considering all the cases, it seems I am using editor not over WiFi but hotspot, so i am thinking to remove that function from the app, i mean, when I turn ON editing over WiFi it says "Please turn on WiFI", what the hell. So, Please remove that option and add Editing over Hotspot as wel...

I hope you understand what I was trying to say, if not just mail me..

ridwan martono

Apr 19, 2017, 3:21:46 PM4/19/17
to DroidScript
But when we press "back" before downloads 100% it doesn't make download run on background but stopped.

#4 please add "click" callback in notification

Om Waghmode

Apr 20, 2017, 3:01:41 AM4/20/17
to DroidScript
How about step by step game dev

Mauritz Zondagh

Apr 20, 2017, 8:42:33 AM4/20/17
to DroidScript
app.ChooseContact
Please add a parameter with the phone contact image/ icon in the call to app.ChooseContact
Currently only the NAME and NUMBER is return

Thanks

Dave Smart

Apr 20, 2017, 10:14:48 AM4/20/17
to DroidScript
@ansari  Hotspots are actually Wifi (your device becomes a Wifi access point)

@ridwan You can prevent the user cancelling the download by using the 'NoCancel' option.  You might want to use the app.Download() function instead though, then the Android download manager will deal with your download independently from your app.

Ev. rodrigo dos santos

Apr 20, 2017, 12:36:41 PM4/20/17
to DroidScript
Service NFC!!

Dennis Koech Cheruiyot

Apr 20, 2017, 1:07:33 PM4/20/17
to DroidScript
I want a feature that allows users of an app to invite their friends

Android Khmer

Apr 21, 2017, 2:20:00 AM4/21/17
to DroidScript
How about horizontal picker?

Mauritz Zondagh

Apr 21, 2017, 5:24:52 AM4/21/17
to DroidScript
A menu command to install the app, currently i need to make a apk, then browse to the apk folder with a file explorer on phone and install.
Maybe combine these two functions as a single command in the Droidscript menu. (If apk builder was bought) - Should be easy.

A menu command to copy a app to a new app (new name)

A menu command to backup, restore and move / retrieve a app (to google drive) - Is there a google drive Plugin for reading / writing from google drive coming out soon?

Thanks

Dave Smart

Apr 21, 2017, 8:01:14 AM4/21/17
to DroidScript
@Mauritz  Much of what you want has just gone into the latest alpha to be released today :)  Join the beta forum if you want to try it out.

Lee Tarry

Apr 21, 2017, 10:02:46 AM4/21/17
to DroidScript
how do you join the beta forum dave?

Dave Smart

Apr 21, 2017, 12:18:06 PM4/21/17
to DroidScript
Just an email to sup...@droidscript.org asking to join

Mauritz Zondagh

Apr 21, 2017, 5:24:16 PM4/21/17
to DroidScript
Can you please add a To Do list with expected completion date or version on this group? Then we can see what features are already requested, and do not have to post it again.

Thanks i found the apk install and App copy new commands in Droidscript.

Symbroson Development

Apr 22, 2017, 5:55:06 AM4/22/17
to DroidScript
I think a ToDo list in DS would be very useful
I have an other Idea like that:
It would be really helpful for beginners to have an area where you can search for topics in the forum directly in DroidScript - many people dont search in the forum but asking their questions answered about 100 times before - maybe that can prevent that

Regards :)

Phil Sturgeon

Apr 23, 2017, 8:23:02 AM4/23/17
to DroidScript
Search and Replace in the editor would be nice.

Also...  I have a bunch of Python code for doing various work-related stuff whose functionality I'd like to include in my DroidScript apps
To save me the work having to rewrite various big chunks of Python in DroidScript, I wondered whether DroidScript can play ball with Brython (i.e. Python implemented in JavaScript).
I guessed it might be possible when using the IDE for HTML5 stuff.

Thanks and good luck.

Netpower8

Apr 23, 2017, 3:38:10 PM4/23/17
to DroidScript
@Phil

if you are using the WIFI EDITOR... search and replace is already implemented... to use it press ctrl-F for search ctrl-F 2 times for search and replace

Bernd

Apr 23, 2017, 4:16:19 PM4/23/17
to DroidScript
in the app direct, (mobile version, WIFI pc not needed) is it already, too:
bottom left you will find it (magnifying glass).

Phil Sturgeon

Apr 23, 2017, 8:57:39 PM4/23/17
to DroidScript
I did have a look in the Wiki and the IDE docs but could find no mention.  I guess I could have tried Ctrl+F for search, that being fairly standard, but Ctrl+F two times for replace could have fooled me.  One normally expects some kind of magnifying glass icon, as in the on-Android device DroidScript editor.  Thanks for the tip.

Richard King

Apr 23, 2017, 10:49:38 PM4/23/17
to DroidScript
First thank you for a terrific product. Can you allow the SetList and GetList methods in the List control to take an extra argument which will allow us to specify the sub item separator and avoid the hardwired colon (:) and the even wierder ^c^ sequence! After all you do provide control of the item delimeter (sic). Thanks

Om Waghmode

Apr 25, 2017, 5:59:01 AM4/25/17
to DroidScript
I want
1.Offline wifi editor if possible.
2.Special Game making mode
3.Fullscreen Transparent keyboard;->

Mauritz Zondagh

Apr 27, 2017, 3:08:49 AM4/27/17
to DroidScript
Please add a function to read the Phone contact information.

ridwan martono

Apr 27, 2017, 10:00:22 AM4/27/17
to DroidScript
Dave, dload.SetOnDownload is not function in apk, only works on "prebuild" and if I changer to SetOnComplete(); its working but custom file name not works

ridwan martono

Apr 27, 2017, 3:21:37 PM4/27/17
to DroidScript
I have tested that app.DownloadFile() doesn't works on lolliopop

Charles Wilt

Apr 27, 2017, 11:10:28 PM4/27/17
to DroidScript
Comments concerning beta should be posted in the appropriate forum.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JustAnotherDude

Apr 29, 2017, 3:21:48 AM4/29/17
to DroidScript
guys stop posting 'can you help me' here .. this is for feasture request not bug reporting

JustAnotherDude

May 1, 2017, 1:44:56 AM5/1/17
to DroidScript
can you add a simple emulator in the web ide? so we can test simple apps in the browser (it saves some time) ^^

Om Waghmode

May 3, 2017, 5:07:30 AM5/3/17
to DroidScript
add dedicated "GAMES TUTORIAL"
Because everyone new wants to make games on ds but not enough step by step tutorials.Symbroson did great work making tuts. feature-game tutorials
eg.sidescrolling,top down,puzzle,tetris.

Mihail Vasiliev

May 3, 2017, 5:32:58 PM5/3/17
to DroidScript
It would be great to be able to either add custom protocol handlers to webview or to just make it use system ones. What I really need is to make phone call a number that some remote web application is showing as <a href="tel:2346328">.

Wisnu Yogaswara

May 5, 2017, 3:35:42 AM5/5/17
to DroidScript
Add custom list adapter dave. Where I can dwonload droidscript js file? I want to edit tab, listview, etc

Rocco Cogliano

May 6, 2017, 3:01:12 AM5/6/17
to DroidScript
Access to the google sheet on Google Drive with cell reading and writing capabilities.
This would allow you to create apps that synchronize small databases.
It would be wonderful for me.
=)

Symbroson Development

May 8, 2017, 10:03:03 AM5/8/17
to DroidScript
Hi,
I want to remind the request of android widgets u can use on the home screen. I would find that very useful in several viewpoints because at first you can use them all the time and saves (a bit) time when just want smth small but can't find the right application.
I don't know how limited widgets are - would they support full DroidScript power with canvases, layout animations etc?
Thanks and best regards :)

Carlo Botti

May 8, 2017, 10:40:30 AM5/8/17
to DroidScript
1) slide botton to turn on/off options
2) password textEdit (dots instead of characters)
3) a property or method to enable/disable controls (e.g. Button, TextEdit, checkBox)

Thank you,
Carlo Botti

Symbroson Development

May 8, 2017, 11:29:38 AM5/8/17
to DroidScript
1) slide botton to turn on/off options
What do u mean with that? Maybe u want CheckBoxes or smth like that

2) password textEdit (dots instead of characters)

use the "password" option on textedits

3) a property or method to enable/disable controls (e.g. Button, TextEdit, checkBox)

Use obj.SetEnabled(true/false)

Pete Bradley

May 9, 2017, 12:53:05 AM5/9/17
to DroidScript
Bluetooth IDE, is it possible?
Message has been deleted

JustAnotherDude

May 9, 2017, 6:12:54 AM5/9/17
to DroidScript
er meint die wifi ide über bluetooth xD

renan cifras

May 9, 2017, 5:27:40 PM5/9/17
to DroidScript

More tutorials and examples

Symbroson Development

May 9, 2017, 6:48:08 PM5/9/17
to DroidScript
It would be helpful of what you wish to have more samples because there are already a lot in the DroidScript samples list. But please in a new thread ;)

bulga...@gmail.com

May 9, 2017, 10:42:25 PM5/9/17
to DroidScript
When making shortcuts to homescreen IDE always naming it like "New activity", as I remember android api allows to set own name for shortcut so maybe it would be better to make shortcut name = app name?

Another wish: make ability to switch somehow between editing of text documents (html, css, js) not only in web ide but inside of native app editor too.

Thanks!

Jumar Hamac

May 10, 2017, 3:52:47 AM5/10/17
to DroidScript
Some shadows and border-radius for layout and controls.
Some controls on notification.

Michele Fioretti

May 10, 2017, 5:32:17 AM5/10/17
to DroidScript
Hello,
Face Recognition (not only face detect) in a simple way ex match from two photos ?

Ev. rodrigo dos santos

May 10, 2017, 9:26:58 PM5/10/17
to DroidScript
When I was using premium I made app template for widget, but I stopped to see that when I clicked the home button the app was moved to the background, I gave up
Message has been deleted

Mauritz Zondagh

May 11, 2017, 1:05:47 PM5/11/17
to DroidScript
Consider adding a SetOnLongTouch method for a Button.

It seems that text.SetOnLongTouch is still not working?

Thanks

Om Waghmode

May 15, 2017, 3:16:08 AM5/15/17
to DroidScript
Try to
1. Add a file explorer/my files/file browser or whatever inside droidscript to browse spks.
2. Ability to load .js files directly.
3. Ability to make projects and also edit included js files.

Om Waghmode

May 15, 2017, 4:49:40 AM5/15/17
to DroidScript
http://www.learn-js.org
you might include this

Bernd

May 15, 2017, 4:15:25 PM5/15/17
to DroidScript
Hi Dave,
two things:
- a button to toggle keyboard on/off...actually i have to touch into the code for activate the keyboard, but everytime i lost my actual cursor position and i have a small screen xD
- often found here in forum:
longtouch vibrate by android - it isnt for my new project comfortable, i script a piano...
so is it possible to integrate something like

app.SetHapticFeedbackEnabled()

?

Thank you and greetings from Berlin
Bernd

Synoptic 1

May 16, 2017, 8:39:12 AM5/16/17
to DroidScript
cannot yet install in amazon fire 5.3.

JustAnotherDude

May 20, 2017, 5:28:25 AM5/20/17
to DroidScript
i wish 'hook' things so if i want a specific evemt trigger the function xy :3

JustAnotherDude

May 22, 2017, 1:26:33 PM5/22/17
to DroidScript
oh and a dark design in the wifi editor would be nice ^^

Francois Nguyen

May 23, 2017, 12:19:29 AM5/23/17
to DroidScript
I hope it's not too much to ask, but is it possible to add Android Wear support in a plugin please? I saw a similar plugin for Sony Smartwatch support (which looks fine by itself but I don't have that watch lol).

Leandro P

May 23, 2017, 2:57:23 PM5/23/17
to DroidScript
Biometry to access / login to app.

Thanks!

Paulo Castro

May 23, 2017, 9:34:02 PM5/23/17
to DroidScript
Is there a desktop version to test and edit for droid script?
because lets face it its hard to type via smart phone
and productivity wise I would use phone while in commute and continue programming and testing @home via desktop

Symbroson Development

May 23, 2017, 11:12:55 PM5/23/17
to DroidScript
Try the wifi editor
for that tap the arrow btn in DS top bar and follow the instructions

Jumar Hamac

May 24, 2017, 8:06:31 AM5/24/17
to DroidScript
Integration to firebase.

Synoptic 1

May 24, 2017, 1:28:53 PM5/24/17
to DroidScript
I move samples to where I can edit them and even small changes break behaviour. Camera and files notably so far, though sample works OK. It takes time to straighten and unclear what is glitching. Caveats, limits and implementation details in documentation (narrated) would be desirable, as well as specifying differences between free offer and premium account. I am deferring several payments, many apps do not benefit truly from paid accounts (no problem solved) and mobile space is always a nuisance.

Symbroson Development

May 24, 2017, 2:48:17 PM5/24/17
to DroidScript
We cant guarantee that a sample is still working if you change smth. It depends on what you change and there are a lot of possibilities to make smth wrong - please share the code you tried in a new thread so we can figure out where's your mistake

You can see the differences between free and paid premium account in the menu and tap "Premium"

roman.ves...@gmail.com

May 28, 2017, 11:44:34 AM5/28/17
to DroidScript
Add support .svg icons and .svg graphic.

Mimmo

May 30, 2017, 10:53:35 AM5/30/17
to DroidScript
A cordial greeting to all!
Excuse my English!
I've created a simple FTP link that works normally.
I need to run the same FTP link in a Service. Created the Service and copied the short code into it but it does not connect to me.
The same identical code on the page that starts the Service works. Moved to the Service page the link is "false".
Place the short code:

_AddPermissions("Network");
app.LoadPlugin( "FtpClient" );

 function OnStart()
 {
    ftp=app.CreateFtpClient();
    ftp.SetPort("21");
    ftp.SetServerTimeout("10");
    info = ftp.GetVersion();
    app.ShowPopup(info);
    ftp.Connect("user","password","ftp.sito.com");
    app.ShowPopup("Connessione: " + ftp.IsConnected(), "Long");
 }

Would you help me understand why the same code does not work in the Service?
Thank you very much!
It is loading more messages.
This conversation is locked