Tell us what you want V3

DroidScript

Sep 23, 2019, 3:36:21 AM9/23/19
to DroidScript
Let us know what you want adding to DroidScript.  We've got a growing 'Todo' list but we are not quite sure what people are going to want the most, so let us know in this thread.

Don't worry the team has not forgotten there are still outstanding requests from

and even

Those that are considered practical are on the Todo list though some have a higher priority than others.

And of course if you have a Premium subscription you have a good chance of getting higher up the priority list by posting in

I would also like to make a few requests about posting in this thread

This is a place to request new features and enhancements to existing features, not for requests for coding help or general discussion

If you are not sure whether a feature exist, please start a new Question thread instead of posting here.
If you receive a response that DroidScript does not currently exist, then by all means post here. It is quite likely the person answering your question wijj recommend it.

If you see a request here for something that already exists, please do not start a lengthy discussion here.
It is better to post details in a seperate Discussion thread and post a reply including a link to that thread.

If you feel the need to repeat a request that was made by someone else in order to make it clear that there is significant demand for a specific feature, it is ok to do that once but multiple requests from the same person for the same feature are not a good way to motivate the team to be helpful.
There is also little point in requesting a feature that you know has already been requested several times in the last few months.

Kallikratidas

Sep 27, 2019, 9:59:18 AM9/27/19
to DroidScript
Just waiting it for many years:
Web.GetHtml();
Web.GetPage()-> page.title, page.html, page.host, page.href;

Web.SetOnWindow(cb);
Web.SetOnRequest(cb); //Go Fullscreen, Set NavigationBar Color etc.
And fix the bug-> web_OnProgress(100); is called twice in the 3 devices I used( latest DroidScript Version)

Dave

Sep 27, 2019, 10:37:58 AM9/27/19
to DroidScript

Android does not provide a clean way to get the html, but you can do tricks with web.Execute() see here:-

The web_OnProgress being called twice is an Android thing again.  It fires the progress callback multiple times for multiple resources and/or page redirects. I however I just put a new flag into the DS code which should prevent the callback being fired again after 100% is reached (for each call to web.LoadUrl() or web.LoadHtml(), web.Forward(), web.Back())

I also just added web.GetTitle() however I'm not sure what you mean by web.SetOnWindow and web.SetOnRequest.. you need to explain more.

Kallikratidas

Sep 27, 2019, 3:48:32 PM9/27/19
to DroidScript
@Dave Thanks for your response.
I knew that I could get the page html by using Web.Execute(); and some jquery and I have already achieved it.
I was just hoping that there was a better way. (To get the httpRequest response the webview does and gets html)

Now:
Web.SetOnWindow(cb);-->should be called when page requests to open a new window. function OnWebViewWindow(url){}

Web.SetOnRequest(cb); -->(Could also include the above in a way).
This shod be called when the page makes a request--> eg. when js says Element.requestFullscreen();
, or when page wants to start sending notifications, or request to change the orientantion.
Anyway, handling requests that can be only applied by the application.
I think that was more clear.

And finally I remembered also these:
Web.SetOnAlert(cb);, Web.SetOnPrompt(cb);-->Stop giving to browser the access to the app alerts.

Web.GetFavIcon(); -->returns the page favIcon url to be shown at the top.

Martin Johnson

Oct 19, 2019, 12:54:29 AM10/19/19
to DroidScript
I want to write fully functional apps for android using python.

Jason Custer

Oct 19, 2019, 2:30:21 AM10/19/19
to DroidScript
How about a donate button in the menu so we can show our appreciation for New features?

Dave

Oct 19, 2019, 6:09:43 PM10/19/19
to DroidScript
You can donate here :)

Google does not allow donate buttons in apps (unless you use their payment system and give them their 30%), someone recently had their very popular free app removed by google because they had a donate button!

Kallikratidas

Nov 2, 2019, 4:46:30 PM11/2/19
to DroidScript
Hi Dave!
I would like to please you giving a try to add important css options to the image object:
For example to create rounded corners image. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2459916/how-to-make-an-imageview-with-rounded-corners/54781115
Message has been deleted

MasterOS

Nov 26, 2019, 12:32:14 AM11/26/19
to DroidScript
Hi, Dave, please share me MediaStorageQuery plugin.

LolUser

Nov 28, 2019, 12:22:24 PM11/28/19
to DroidScript
I would love to see a straight forward way of including 3rd party javascript libraries!
For me this is a minimum requirement to get started with droidscript.
I tried half a year ago and it was really hard to get it going

It is okay, if it only works for apps that are webviews

Justin blAblA

Nov 30, 2019, 3:23:20 AM11/30/19
to DroidScript
if you include the required javascript librarys in the app you can load them with
app.LoadScript( "path/or/url/to/file.js" );
(you may need to add the Network permissions to load from a url in an APK)

and in a html app you can simply include any file you can access as you want like on a "real" web page

henry g

Dec 11, 2019, 8:23:01 PM12/11/19
to DroidScript
make apk free

Insedere GmbH

Dec 17, 2019, 4:36:56 PM12/17/19
to DroidScript
Droidscript for wear os

Omer Meshy

Dec 28, 2019, 2:25:20 AM12/28/19
to DroidScript
An option to auto arrange the code. Spaces, tabs etc.
This option exists in every code editor.
Message has been deleted

Last time

Jan 20, 2020, 3:59:39 AM1/20/20
to DroidScript

MasterOS

Jan 24, 2020, 2:07:46 AM1/24/20
to DroidScript
Hi, how I can hide/obfuscate plugins connected to my apk files?
Plugins a open & unobfuscated: example.apk/assets/plugins
Help me plz!

omid

Jan 25, 2020, 2:14:50 AM1/25/20
to DroidScript
Hi Dave
Great DroidScript
Please increase the accessibility of ui and ux.

And add this button Thanks
https://material.io/compactions/buttons/

omid

Jan 25, 2020, 2:46:49 AM1/25/20
to DroidScript
Create a plugin tutorial for DroidScript with Java.

Make a tutorial film with lots of fun examples

This makes DroidScript bigger

DroidScript is very slow
Remove extra useless elements.
This will make DroidScript faster and more popular

Otherwise DroidScript is not used in large projects

Thanks to the production team

Jason Custer

Jan 25, 2020, 2:04:41 PM1/25/20
to DroidScript
Just a suggestion, rather than removing items, thereby limiting droidscript functionality, why not put them in plug-ins if you want to make DS smaller. That way, when people want certain things, they can include the plugin for that thing. I would hate to see DS lose features, because you never know what you might need, or when you might need it. I know it's a tightrope walk, but I would hate to see everything made into a plug-in, for example plugin for a button, plugin for a textedit, etc.Thank you!

Brad Yoch

Jan 30, 2020, 12:36:46 AM1/30/20
to DroidScript
TextEdit needs
pattern="[A-Za-z]{3}"

<form>Country code: <input type="text" name="country_code"
pattern="[A-Za-z]{3}" title="Three letter country code">
<input type="submit">
</form>

Steve Garman

Jan 30, 2020, 5:09:58 AM1/30/20
to DroidScript
@Brad Yoch

If you want to use an html form, you can wrap it in a WebView but I have posted a way to do something similsr with a TextEdit at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/androidscript/rLRkEhl1sCs/vGpW1_s3FQAJ

Dimon

Feb 12, 2020, 3:08:04 PM2/12/20
to DroidScript
Dave, thanks for the CardView, this is a big step forward in the UI. Are you planning to implement the ability to install CardView as the root element of ListView items?

Dave

Feb 14, 2020, 7:09:48 AM2/14/20
to DroidScript
@Dimon:  Are you saying you want a CardList control?

Dimon

Feb 14, 2020, 1:53:30 PM2/14/20
to DroidScript
Dave, so that each ListView item was a card with img, title, subtitle elements

Kallikratidas

Feb 14, 2020, 3:21:44 PM2/14/20
to DroidScript
Great idea.
Something like the DS menu.

Dimon

Feb 15, 2020, 6:00:16 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
If the DS settings have a checkmark on Stay Awake, then the display will not fall asleep even when the DS is minimized, but not closed. In my opinion, this is a hidden danger of accidentally discharging the phone.

Kallikratidas

Feb 15, 2020, 6:32:12 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
Just turn it off.

Dimon

Feb 15, 2020, 7:34:34 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
Turning it off is the easiest way, but the checkmark is turned on by default, and not everyone will pay attention to it. If you write mWakeLock.acquire (); inside DS in onResume (), and mWakeLock.release (); in onPause (), then the mode will be activated only when DS is not minimized. That is exactly what I had in mind

Spanch Bob

Feb 15, 2020, 11:55:31 AM2/15/20
to DroidScript
I would like to see more complex examples like gta5 or at least pubg u know

Steve Garman

Feb 15, 2020, 12:42:04 PM2/15/20
to DroidScript
@Spanch Bob

I would not suggest attempting to write either of those games in DroidScript, they are too complex.

Have you seen these headlines?
https://www-gamespot-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/rockstar-more-than-1000-people-made-gtav/1100-6415330/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15817877312527&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Farticles%2Frockstar-more-than-1000-people-made-gtav%2F1100-6415330%2F

Pubg is developed by 35 regular developers and 5 freelancers.

Neither of these is a job for a few part time developers or a tool like DroidScript.

Kallikratidas

Feb 16, 2020, 4:04:09 PM2/16/20
to DroidScript
I have achieved to create brawl stars
in DroidScript by using 2d graphics.
It is realtime online and is tested many times by my friends. It works perfectly.

For such real time online games like pubg, I suggest you take a look at the Google Firebase Realtime Database to combine it with DroidScript. You can use the Glview2 plugin I am working on because it is having a full list of functions to make a map view environment.

Functions like:
game.FocusObject(obj); //The map center will be the selected object, player.
game.SetOnAnimate(cb);
game.Update();//Updates the physics

function OnAnimate(){
//obj.frame returns an array of the game objects in the correct order to display.
game.frame.forEach(obj){
canvas.DrawImage(obj.img, obj.x,obj.y,obj.w,obj.h,obj.angle);
}
);
game.Animate();
}

Dimon

Feb 24, 2020, 8:02:37 AM2/24/20
to DroidScript
Add the SetWeight method for elements placed in the linear linker.

Michael Molinari

Feb 25, 2020, 2:34:18 PM2/25/20
to DroidScript
Some kind of WYSIWYG editor for GUIs.

Chennafo Hakim

Mar 22, 2020, 1:48:00 PM3/22/20
to DroidScript
This .
_________________
|Copy , Paste |:|
_________________

So This Box She's Show When Text Is Selected , That Mean I Need To Hide It !?
_Also The Selected Corner
Exmp :
left-Corner-[©___[Selected Txt]___©]Right-Corner

Dave

Mar 23, 2020, 9:50:24 AM3/23/20
to DroidScript
The next version of DS (soon to be released) has the 'NoLongClick' and 'NoSelect' options which might do what you want.
Message has been deleted

Omer Meshy

Mar 24, 2020, 2:30:02 AM3/24/20
to DroidScript
Hello
Can you add in next versions an upgrade for the wifi editor?
Now its no more than a keyboard with auto complete.
For example you can see the visual studio.

The most important things:
Create for/while loops quickly.

Auto arrange for the code.

Note for names of objects, functions and variables if they are not ok (as pep8 in python and pycharm).

If there is a compile error show it in live (before I run the code).

This is only a few things (not to mention break points). As I said, there are many editors that you can take them as an example.

Regards
Omer Meshy

Message has been deleted

Alan Hendry

Mar 30, 2020, 6:19:02 AM3/30/20
to DroidScript
(Obviously) it would be great to have DS for iPhone.
Occasionally you post status about this.
The first step may be for the Android App to be able to build for Android and iPhone.
Then users could publish their apps on both platforms.
To me this would be the 'holy grail'
of a development system with a shallow learning curve (for programmers who already know JS)
and the ability to sell apps to both Android and Apple communities.

Dave

Mar 30, 2020, 3:25:25 PM3/30/20
to DroidScript
I've already begun work on the next generation of DS... it's a little way off right now, but I'm expecting to support multiple platforms including Android, IOS, PC and Mac desktops.  This will be achieved using the new(ish) PWA technology that is finally starting to be supported by IOS (they have been dragging their heels, despite the fact that Steve Jobs invented it many years ago!).  Of course you can still publish PWAs as regular Play Store or App Store apps if required by wrapping them in a Webview component or cross-compiling them.

Browser technology is becoming increasing powerful and I fully expect almost all apps to eventually be built using browser technologies, whether it's using tools like 'Electron' or PWAs.  This means JavaScript (and its variants) will become even more dominant, which is good for DS users :)

Currently I'm looking at using the highly performant and very popular 'React' framework and the 'Material-UI' components.  I'll be wrapping this all up in a thin compatibility layer so you can still use the simple syntax you are familiar with in DS.

Kallikratidas

Mar 31, 2020, 9:10:55 PM3/31/20
to DroidScript
Dave I suggest you try to make what I gave up before some months: Support DS in a WebView!

app.CreateLayout,Text,Image and all the DS (apart from some specific ones') to have the same result in a WebView.

mkamoski

Apr 14, 2020, 11:55:18 AM4/14/20
to DroidScript
Dear DroidScript Developers,

Please add the following.

Full IntelliSense (AKA code completion) for JavaScript, in the DroidScript Browser IDE and in the DroidScript Google App IDE.

Support for Blazor.

Support to use Visual Studio Code to edit a project locally and upload (or connect directly via DroidScript).

Support to create project offline, using pure HTML and pure JavaScript, and then upload the whole project into DroidScript for packaging.

Support to generate an unsigned APK and then let Google Play Developer Console sign the app when publishing to the Google Play Store.

Francois Blais

Apr 22, 2020, 5:56:37 PM4/22/20
to DroidScript
i would like some more documentation on  app.SysExec()
the parameter uses
some samples

AndroPi

Apr 25, 2020, 3:29:12 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
If possible change package name of DroidScript official and x-version that way both the apps can be installed at a time. Or if there is any option.

Steve Garman

Apr 25, 2020, 4:04:15 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
@Andropi
If you are using the same version of DS for both X and non-X (currently 1.80) you can swap between them without uninstalling or losing anything just by installing the appropriate apk and zip files over the top of the other.

I keep versions of all 4 files on my phone so I can do it when offline.

I keep them in 2 separate folders so I can rename apkbuilder_180X.zip to apkbuilder.zip

AndroPi

Apr 25, 2020, 4:21:30 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
Yes, I can do that but everytime renaming of apkbuilder is little painful. Also few months back I lost keystroke file while remaining files (I did backup already so no major issue) and it creates another keystroke file....and now everytime I am having too much confusion that which version of DS work with which apkbuilder and which apk is signed with which file.

That's why I suggest if possible because it is painful for me to rename 3 files everytime mainly because of sms terms by Google Play

Symbroson

Apr 25, 2020, 7:06:44 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
Why dont you write a program for it handling the renaming and
copying. You can even start the installing progress.
At the end you just run the programm and hit one of the two buttons 'install X/Dflt version' and allow the install and youre done

AndroPi

Apr 25, 2020, 10:08:15 AM4/25/20
to DroidScript
Nice idea ... 👍👍👍 ... Thanks

Medien Forscher

Apr 30, 2020, 5:12:58 PM4/30/20
to DroidScript
Multi-threading. I know it may not be possible but single threading was limiting the performance of my app.

Kallikratidas

May 1, 2020, 10:39:59 AM5/1/20
to DroidScript
I am not sure if you mean this, but you can try the _Thread(file); function or even a JavaScript Worker

Swise Inc.

May 5, 2020, 7:19:10 AM5/5/20
to DroidScript
How to control screen touches without touching the phone. I really need this feature for some voice control app i am doing.. it will also help others big time in their apps

Swise Inc.

May 5, 2020, 7:36:43 AM5/5/20
to DroidScript
DS feature to control phone touches on the screen..

Jonas S Karlsson

May 5, 2020, 7:50:10 AM5/5/20
to DroidScript
As there was no acknowledge from the team regarding the question of WebView and UrlLoad catch, I'm adding it here.

I need to trap any user clicks on urls or actions that lead to a new url being loaded, handle that and STOP it from loading.

There seems to be a java native solution and other languages have integrated similar solutions:

https://developer.android.com/reference/kotlin/android/webkit/WebViewClient#shouldoverrideurlloading_1

I've tried to use web.SetTouch.. But it only gets up, down, and move events on the "outside" of webview. Click inside the web doesn't pass through that function.

I do not want to modify the dom of the page, and there is no easy way to "call out" to the app anyway. I'm aware of .Execute() of course but that doesn't solve the problem.

Any solution at hand, or something that could be implemented? It seems to be trusted to WebViewClients etc.

I'd prefer if I could use DroidScript for this but no acknowledged from the team about indicate that i need to find another solution like use kotlin(?) Language platform that seems to support the requested feature.

I'm aware of a similar request years ago but it's different, in my case, or another case, using DroidScript doesn't seem to be feasible to implement a custom web browser with alternative popup menu when clicking on a link and stopping the page from being loaded.

Thanks

Dave

May 6, 2020, 6:38:02 AM5/6/20
to DroidScript
Hi Jonas,

The webview already overrides the shouldOverrideUrlLoading method in order to achieve its redirecting functionality and to support the option to force exernal browser use on link clicks.

It might be fairly simple to provide a callback that fires when a url is clicked which passes the chosen url as a parameter and cancel the original navigation.  This would allow you to intercept any navigation and decide if you want to call the web.LoadUrl() method yourself.

Would that work for you?

Mishu Rahman

May 10, 2020, 11:11:55 PM5/10/20
to DroidScript
Support

Mishu Rahman

May 10, 2020, 11:43:26 PM5/10/20
to DroidScript
Support

Jonas S Karlsson

May 11, 2020, 10:25:30 PM5/11/20
to DroidScript
Hello David,

Sounds great! Can't wait. Lol

I suspected something like that.

However, I think it's recommended that the cancel should be determined by the returned result of the callback, if I'm reading other sources correctly. In most of my cases I will just record it, and return value to cancel, but occasionally may call upload.

Thanks,
Jonas

ECEisLife

Jun 1, 2020, 7:41:23 AM6/1/20
to DroidScript
The WIFI Editor is working good so far. But I encountered this simple problem (not really a problem) when there are so many files in the app that the list of the files in the dropdown menu exceeds the height of the window. In order for me to select files at the bottom, I keep on zooming out and zooming in the WIFI Editor page to select the file that I want to edit at the bottom of the list. I hope that the DropDown Files menu will be scrollable. Thank you
Normal.PNG
Zoom Out.PNG

Jonas S Karlsson

Jun 1, 2020, 10:33:57 AM6/1/20
to DroidScript
I don't really use the Wifi editor as I only have phones at the moment, but I'd like to edit using emacs style editor as I'm using external keyboard.

Two thing I've noticed:
1) If you edit the file outside, DS doesn't detect changes to the current opened file, I think it should and reload, unless there is local changes.
2) Not having emacs keystrokes is damning.
2a) actually it's missing many keybindings, and copy paste is difficult.
3) somehow the onscreen keyboard seems to be gone when I'm not having an external

Is there a way to make a custom editor, maybe the current editor could be made a JS plugin, and open, and one could then make custom editors? I've built an emacs clone in C in few hundred of lines (imacs).

Building one in JS shouldn't be that difficult.

Also, some kind of versioning would be great, maybe a git integration of a kind?

I do like the the .spk and how easy they are to share and install and run!

I remember in the beginning I was confused running examples, and trying to change them but it was never reflected the changes, maybe a button to make it copy to a project?

JI Studios

Jun 2, 2020, 12:14:48 PM6/2/20
to DroidScript
I would actually want the ability to create charts and graphs, I'm quite new to javascript so maybe it is possible. But yeah I would love to see better GUI options.

Dave

Jun 7, 2020, 7:44:57 AM6/7/20
to DroidScript
It would be quite easy to support replacing the on device code editor as it just uses the CodeEdit object (written in Java).  You would just need to write a replacement for that object as long as it supports all the same methods.

You can take a look inside the DS APK to see how the editor works:- http://androidscript.org/apk/  (just treat the apk as a zip file to open it)

I would be happy to support this type of extension/plugin to the DS on-device IDE

Dave

Jun 7, 2020, 7:49:47 AM6/7/20
to DroidScript
Also, Git integration is on the roadmap.... it's just finding the time to do it!  This could already be done by 3rd parties for the Wifi IDE using the existing extensions mechanism, but for the on-device editor it's not currently possible.

However I would be willing to add on-device extension support if I thought people would genuinely make use of it.

Omer Meshy

Jul 2, 2020, 2:43:55 AM7/2/20
to DroidScript
Hello
I would like to have in the Wi-Fi editor a load button. When I press thia button it load the data of the file again from the device.
It is very useful when I save data like text or json.

Jared

Jul 2, 2020, 8:13:47 PM7/2/20
to DroidScript
@Dave, just curious for implementing git what method were you looking into using?

It may be a "messy" way to do it, but I've gotten a lot of git functionality to work just by direct access to the git binary via app.SysExec() and stdin/stdout. I don't know if this is an efficient way to do it by any means, or if it would even work on non rooted devices *_*...

Omer Meshy

Jul 7, 2020, 2:46:08 AM7/7/20
to DroidScript
Auto arrange to the code.

ב-יום שישי, 3 ביולי 2020 בשעה 3:13:47 UTC+3, Jared כתב/ה:

Alan Hendry

Aug 5, 2020, 11:57:11 AM8/5/20
to DroidScript
Hi,
How about non-SQL databases (like Mongo)?
I think DS supports one (Sony) smartwatch, I don't know if there is enough standardisation to support more.
To switch between front and back cameras seems to require destroying and re-creating.
It'd be better to have something like camera.Switch("front") and camera.Switch("back")
Regards

Jason Custer

Nov 12, 2020, 3:58:43 PM11/12/20
to DroidScript
Hello DS team!

I came across this little gem today, just wondered if it could be built in to a future version.
View.setContentDescription("quick description of item");

The text isn't visible, but screen readers like TalkBack can speak it instead of whatever text/icon is there.

I emplimented this in DS, code below, but it will, of course, only work for premium users and only if they call the func for each control.
This is available on any View, so I think I understand, so would be awesome for the controls available in DS.

Here's the code.

//this function adds the SetContentDescription
//method to the passed app object.
//My request is that the SetContentDescription be a built in method.
//with this, only premium users can make things more accessible.

function addIt(appObj) {
appObj.SetContentDescription = function(description) {
this.Method("setContentDescription", "CharSequence", description);
}; //SetContentDescription
} //addit

function OnStart() {
const lMain = app.CreateLayout("Linear", "Vertical,FillXY");
const btn = app.AddButton(lMain, "fa-home", -1, -1, "FontAwesome");
//add the method to the button.
addIt(btn);
//It would be helpful if addIt always happened.
//The end goal is to be able to do this.
btn.SetContentDescription("Home");
//though the "text" of the button isn't accessible,
//the screen reader speaks this description instead.
btn.data = false;
btn.SetOnTouch(onBtn);
app.AddLayout(lMain);
} //OnStart

function onBtn() {
const tog = !this.data;
this.data = tog;
this.SetText(tog ? "fa-toggle-up" : "fa-toggle-down");
this.SetContentDescription(`Self distruct ${tog ? "en" : "dis"}abled.`);
} //onBtn

Thanks for reading!

Message has been deleted

Dave

Nov 15, 2020, 6:39:05 AM11/15/20
to DroidScript
@Jason: That's now added for all controls... that was a nice easy one :)

Dave

Nov 15, 2020, 6:41:16 AM11/15/20
to DroidScript
@Jared:   I think Google are about to block use of SysExec on non-rooted phones unfortunately :(

However we are looking into git connections to the online git database via their REST APIs

Steve Garman

Jan 2, 2021, 10:33:25 AM1/2/21
to DroidScript
In a post at https://groups.google.com/g/androidscript/c/3EypAAgagBI/m/U-Dq9oq3BAAJ which I think was intended for this thread, Christian requested:

I would like to add the feature where we can access tools for creating an external widgets

Alan Hendry

Jan 8, 2021, 10:22:18 AM1/8/21
to DroidScript
Hi,

I'm not sure if Edit is using gBoard or a custom keyboard.
If it's custom then could the vertical space between rows of numbers and letters be reduced (in portrait mode)
to give more room for the main area?

Could left and right cursor arrows be added (it's difficult to position the cursor around narrow letters?
Perhaps on the row of icons for undo/new/assets/debug/run/redo.

Could we have a button to bring the keyboard up without moving the yoyo
(I frequently get the yoyo in position, then I realise the keyboard is closed)

Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Jan 10, 2021, 2:44:20 PM1/10/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
After clickng the hand-with-pointing finger, could there be an indication if it is in
"select  text" mode or "cursor movement" mode?
Perhaps by highlighting or changing the icon?
Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Jan 10, 2021, 3:07:12 PM1/10/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
Some-one asked for DS to be able to write widgets (from scratch).
An alternative may be for some-one (more technical than what I am)
to write a general purpose widget that uses Broadcasts/Intents to "talk" to a DS app,
for the DS app to send HTML, and the widget to display the html in a WebView.
Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Jan 20, 2021, 10:41:43 AM1/20/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
The camera app on my 'phone offers HDR (High Dynamic Response) on or off
(takes several photos in rapid succession at different exposures and blends them together to bring more highlight and shadow detail to your photos).
I don't see a DS option (nor GetParameters) parameter.
Also Light Trails (long-exposure).
Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Jan 25, 2021, 5:06:32 AM1/25/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
There are methods SetMargins, and SetTextSize,  but no SetPadding.
In Themes the only Text Font Size seems to be SetTitleTextSize (used for Dialogs),
and for Padding only SetButtonPadding,
nothing for Margins.
Regards, ah

David_dev

Alan Hendry

Mar 12, 2021, 10:11:50 AM3/12/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
In a post "How to add buttons in notification" Bubu Daba asked
"I'm doing a media player. And some music player apps show this kind off thing in the notification area. Is it possible in droidscript do this?"
The icons (previous, play, next) would need to be coded and shown,
and when the user touched the icons presumably the OnNotify would need to know what was touched
(and play music, change icon to Pause, etc).
Regards, ah
Screenshot_20210309-004521.png

Alan Hendry

Mar 12, 2021, 10:24:53 AM3/12/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
In a post "Coding Advice, Best Practices" Nii Darko Darkoh suggested
    A Best Practice section in the future release
This could include advice (like take regular backups), how to achieve specific tasks (app or Wifi IDE),
coding for the future (scoped storage, etc), where/how to search for known problems/fixes/code,
guidelines on posting problems (include version of DS and Android, screen shots, specific code, ...)
Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Apr 21, 2021, 10:55:53 AM4/21/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
For the camera we can SetDuplicateImage (useful for VR).
Could we have similar for WebView?
(I've tried catching touch on one webview and simulating touch on another, but that doesn't work at all;
and catching URL change on one webview and applying it to the other - but that doesn't intercept scroll, drop-down, etc).
Regards, ah

Riski Idrus

Apr 21, 2021, 11:04:06 AM4/21/21
to DroidScript
Remove Black Background When Application Is Opened For The First Time. Try To Change It To Be Transparent. I Have Learned This Before, What I Know That The Android System Takes Up To 3 Seconds Before The First Activity Of The App Is Shown or Run.

Alan Hendry

Apr 26, 2021, 9:30:32 AM4/26/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
In the editor in the app, could the padding and margins of the top icons be reduced?
(See the row of icons at the bottom). That would let us see a little more of the code we are editing.
And the name of the file we are editing could then be wider.
Similarly could the search bar (and it's popup) have their vertical spacing reduced?
Regards, ah

Serhei Scrabin

May 3, 2021, 6:18:58 AM5/3/21
to DroidScript
Will there be tariff plans (various subscriptions) and an affiliate program (a program to attract new users, customers) in DroidScript, as well as bonuses or something similar. Check with Google. Thanks.

понедельник, 26 апреля 2021 г. в 16:30:32 UTC+3, hendr...@gmail.com:

Souvik Biswas

May 5, 2021, 9:04:52 PM5/5/21
to DroidScript
Hey, i want fingerprint sensor working on droid script please...help.......!!!!!💯💯💯🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Steve Garman

May 6, 2021, 2:00:57 AM5/6/21
to DroidScript
For fingerprint authentication I use the biometric plugin from https://ds.justplayer.de/uploads?q=Biometric

munawarhu...@gmail.com

May 6, 2021, 9:01:21 AM5/6/21
to DroidScript
Is it possible to have visual basic style UI designer ?

Dave

May 6, 2021, 2:02:58 PM5/6/21
to DroidScript
Yep, we are working on something like that for the wifi IDE, it's difficult to do it well on the phone IDE tho

namg...@gmail.com

May 8, 2021, 5:06:37 AM5/8/21
to DroidScript
About visual UI designer : In the mean time, you can try my Rapid Droidscript package just release on Githug : https://github.com/pepemont/rapiddroidscript/
With this, you can visually add DS basic objects on the screen and get the corresponding DS code to be copied to the clipboard. Enjoy !

Elvis Sogunro

May 11, 2021, 2:41:58 PM5/11/21
to DroidScript
Hi Droidscript,

Can we have a simple error handler other than the existing 3 step procedure that is kind of limiting in usage.
This can be a global statement that can be placed in config statements. Something like:

   IfError(callback, options)

Various gymnastics can be performed within the callback for different errors  coming up from any area of the program, or the options could specify going back to previous screen or status.

Thanks

Mauritz Zondagh

May 11, 2021, 3:08:18 PM5/11/21
to DroidScript
Improvements to the mobile editor. (Similar to Icode functionality)
Better right side menu. (with keybord open and side menu, just small part of screen / code visible)
With Android 11 Droidscript files will not be accesable via external explorer ext. Will ext code editor work? Will the apk folder be available?

Thanks

Serhei Scrabin

May 22, 2021, 9:11:04 AM5/22/21
to DroidScript
You need to move a piece of code in the editor. It would be nice to add. Copying is a bit tricky to do.

вторник, 11 мая 2021 г. в 22:08:18 UTC+3, Mauritz Zondagh:

Steve Garman

May 22, 2021, 9:47:39 AM5/22/21
to DroidScript
@Serhei

When I am having difficulty using cut
and paste in the device editor, I temporarily
increase the size of the font

In the editor I :

1) open the settings menu using the button with 3 vertical dots

2) select the largest fontsize available and press Ok

3) double-tap the screen at the start of the cut

4) drag the yoyo to the end of the cut to highlight it

5) double-tap the yoyo to see the cut and paste menu

6) tap the scissors to cut the code

7 move the cursor to the start of the destination

8) double-tap the yoyo and paste

9) If you have finished, go back to the settings menu and choose your normal font-size

It looks a lot when lay it out like that but when you've done it a few times it's surprisingly quick
If I'm doing a lot of pastings I sometimes leave the font-size large until I've finished

Personally I'd quite like an option of a larger font size just for this purpose. Maybe 24 and/or 32

Serhei Scrabin

May 22, 2021, 11:17:52 AM5/22/21
to DroidScript
Thank you.

суббота, 22 мая 2021 г. в 16:47:39 UTC+3, steve....@gmail.com:

Alan Hendry

May 23, 2021, 12:19:24 PM5/23/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
You can also position your cursor and use the yo-yo toolbar.
Touching the yo-yo twice will open/close the yo-yo tool bar on the right hand side.
Touching the hand icon puts you into select mode (cursor becomes half-height)
or out of select mode (cursor goes to full height).
You can position at the start of the text to be moved/copied/deleted, go into select mode,  and drag to the end or the other way round.
The icon of crossed arrows will select all text.
The next icon (two pieces of paper) copies your selection, and the scissors cuts it.
You can position your cursor, then use the next icon (clipboard and piece of paper) to paste your copied/cut text at the cursor; or select a second piece of text, and  replace it.
If you bring up the keyboard then backspace will delete your selected text.
Regards, ah

Serhei Scrabin

May 23, 2021, 1:18:04 PM5/23/21
to DroidScript
Thank you.

воскресенье, 23 мая 2021 г. в 19:19:24 UTC+3, hendr...@gmail.com:

Alan Hendry

Jul 3, 2021, 7:09:44 AM7/3/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
Settings has a switch for no icons.
I was expecting it to only show app names on the DS home screen.
I think that would speed up opening up the home screen.
(It seems to "only" replace icons on top and bottom menus by text)
Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Aug 1, 2021, 12:18:45 PM8/1/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
Would it be possible for DrawText (on an Image) to use FontAweSome?
(Or if it's already possible, how do I do it?)
Regards, ah

Steve Garman

Aug 1, 2021, 12:45:36 PM8/1/21
to DroidScript
img.DrawText will use fontawesome if you include "fontAwesome" in the options to
CreateImage or AddImage
    img = app.CreateImage( null, 0.5, 0.5, "fontAwesome" )

It is loading more messages.