An update image for ASUS T100

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 14, 2014, 10:57:57 AM9/14/14
to Android-x86
The image is built from android-x86 4.4 codebase

What work:
* Graphic (OpenGL ES2/ES3)
* Touch
* Wifi
* Audio
* Battery
* Reboot/shutdown

Not work:
* Bluetooth
* Sensors
* Camera
* MicroSD
* Backlight
* Internal Mic
* Power and volume buttons
* Installer (but you may install it manually)

Known issue:
* Sometimes the system becomes very slow.

How to use:
dd the image to a usb disk and boot from it.

Especially thanks to pstglia who worked out
the android kernel 3.16 for us.
Without his great work it's impossible
to make the big progress.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Vaidotas

Sep 14, 2014, 2:57:07 PM9/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What changes need to be made for this img to work on Lenovo Miix 2 8 tablet? It is similar to Asus T100, just screen resolution is smaller (800x1280). I've tested this version and only get blank screen after console messages.

pstglia

Sep 14, 2014, 6:49:07 PM9/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What changes need to be made for this img to work on Lenovo Miix 2 8 tablet? It is similar to Asus T100, just screen resolution is smaller (800x1280). I've tested this version and only get blank screen after console messages.
Hi. As I could check, your tablet uses a Z2760 SoC. Integrated GPU is based on "PowerVR SGX 545", which Intel keeps closed source (drivers). Also, these drivers provided by Intel are outdated, so they'll not work on kernel 3.16 (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

T100 in other hand is a "Z3740" and uses Intel HD Graphics, which is supported by Open Source Drivers

I'm afraid there's not much that can be done for your Tablet now.... But things may change

Rinaldo Jonathan

Sep 14, 2014, 7:21:40 PM9/14/14
to android-x86

Wow, the development is fast when my tablet is already broken :'(

Anybody have broken their digitizer? Where can I get a replacement (except ASUS service center)?

pstglia

Sep 14, 2014, 7:51:59 PM9/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Anybody have broken their digitizer? Where can I get a replacement (except ASUS service center)?

mike r

Sep 14, 2014, 9:03:45 PM9/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bro You are one I need Help From....Just say'n

Mike

Rinaldo Jonathan

Sep 15, 2014, 1:21:38 AM9/15/14
to android-x86

Thanks for the link, will check it out if they have a digitizer for my t100 (as my t100ta have different digitizer with t100ca)

Vaidotas

Sep 15, 2014, 2:12:42 PM9/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Actually Lenovo Miix 2 8 has Z3740 CPU. Full specs here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/ideatab/miix-series/miix-2/#techspecs
I was able to boot recent Ubuntu 14.10 beta and display worked correctly out of the box. But touchscreen and most of other hardware wasn't. I wonder if changing some resolution related settings could make android-x86 work on my tablet?

pstglia

Sep 15, 2014, 7:56:32 PM9/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
In this case can you provide logcat and dmesg logs? A lsmod ouput will be usefull also

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 16, 2014, 12:10:50 AM9/16/14
to Android-x86
Someone ask if it's possible to save data to usb
so it won't lose after power off.
Surely it can.

Since the image is less than 500MB. Suppose you
dd it to a 4GB usb disk, you still have about 3.5G
free space that could be used to save data.
You just need to create the second partition on the usb disk,
format it and tell android-x86 to use it.
Here are the steps (on a Linux host with root privilege):

* umount /dev/sdd1
  (assume the usb disk is sdd, may need to adjust it yourself.
   ignore the step if /dev/sdd1 is not mounted)

* fdisk /dev/sdd
  n   <== new partition
  p   <== primary partition
  2   <== partition 2
  enter 2 times (create partition with default size)
  w   <== save and exit

* mkfs.ext4 -L data /dev/sdd2

* mount /dev/sdd1 /mnt

* vi /mnt/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg  (may use any editor you like)
  change the line beginning with 'linuxefi', add DATA=sda2
  like:

  linuxefi /kernel androidboot.hardware=android_x86 HWACCEL= INSTALL= DEBUG= DATA=sda2

  save it and exit.

  DATA=sda2 means the 2nd partition of the first boot disk.
  On some sku models the boot disk may become sdb.
  (check the boot "Detecting Android-x86... found ..." message)
  In this case you should change DATA=sdb2.

* sync; umount /mnt

Now you can boot the usb disk on T100 and
data will be saved to the free space of the usb disk.
I suggest you use a USB 3.0 disk. Otherwise it
may be too slow so you will encounter ANR usually.

The steps could also be carried out on Windows.
But I'm not familiar with it. Google it yourself.

Rinaldo Jonathan

Sep 16, 2014, 1:06:02 AM9/16/14
to android-x86

Is DATA=data.img not supported anymore?

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 16, 2014, 2:32:52 AM9/16/14
to Android-x86

> Is DATA=data.img not supported anymore?

When it is supported?

If you create data.img under the path containing
system.sfs, it will be mounted automatically.
No need to specify DATA.

Rinaldo Jonathan

Sep 16, 2014, 2:37:06 AM9/16/14
to android-x86

I cant remember, but long time ago android installer asks to make data.img... And also specify DATA=data.img in grub. So I'm confused somehow. Sorry :(

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 16, 2014, 3:07:46 AM9/16/14
to Android-x86
> I cant remember, but long time ago android installer asks to make
> data.img... And also specify DATA=data.img in grub. So I'm confused somehow.
> Sorry :(

Creating data.img is still supported.
(only when you install to an ntfs or vfat partition)
Specifying DATA=data.img is not necessary and invalid (ignored).

Ron Coit

Sep 16, 2014, 7:32:23 AM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This is not true. I have a Lenovo Miix2 8 and I can tell you for a fact that it does have Z3740 Processor with Intel HD graphics. It also has the same Broadcom wireless chip as the T100, but it does have a lower res screen (1280x800). The same res as the Dell Venue 8 Pro and several other low end Win8 tablets. I have booted mine into Linux (Arch Linux) and run the display fine with the Intel open source drive. I did have to pass the kernel perimeter video=VGA-1:1200x800e to get it to work, but the Fedlet Fedora remix for these tablets does not need the video kernel perimeter and brings up Intel graphics just fine.

I tried to boot up this version of android, but unfortunately although the screen does seem to shift into a graphics mode (after it finishes booting) it remains blank in the end. I was able to boot it up in debug mode but that only gives me a command prompt and no graphics.

Ron Coit

Ron Coit

Sep 16, 2014, 9:06:35 AM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Sorry about my post above I did not realize that some else had already responded. Here are the files you requested from my Arch linux boot. I have the touch screen and Xorg working fine. I do not have internal wireless, Bluetooth or camera working.

Ron Coit
cpuinfo.txt
dmesg.txt
lsmod.txt

Ron Coit

Sep 16, 2014, 9:27:29 AM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This is the GitHub of the the man that is working on Fedlet a Fedora remix of these kinds of tablets

https://github.com/AdamWill/baytrail-m

Vaidotas

Sep 16, 2014, 4:01:41 PM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I could gladly get some logs, but there's an issue. After booting the surfaceflinger is repeatedly trying to start and is clearing screen at about 20s intervals. Switching to other virtual terminal doesn't help. Is there any way to kill surfaceflinger starting script?

pstglia

Sep 16, 2014, 5:13:26 PM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can execute stop on console terminal. This will kill Surfaceflinger & other processes

Ricardo Castro

Sep 16, 2014, 6:51:49 PM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:13:26 PM UTC-4, pstglia wrote:
You can execute stop on console terminal. This will kill Surfaceflinger & other processes

you sir are the man thank you sir

Ricardo Castro

Sep 16, 2014, 6:53:22 PM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

thank You sir

pstglia

Sep 16, 2014, 10:23:55 PM9/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Sorry about my post above I did not realize that some else had already responded. Here are the files you requested from my Arch linux boot. I have the touch screen and Xorg working fine. I do not have internal wireless, Bluetooth or camera working.

Thanks for the logs, but we also need dmesg/logcat output from Android-x86 boot. This way we have clues what could avoid image display

If possible, try booting under debug mode (the grub entry with DEBUG=2), type the "exits" when requested. After this, switch to console (alt+F1) and copy /data/log.txt to a flashdrive or hard disk partition. You can use these instructions (got from Mauro Rossi posting on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/WkwkrP38M1o%5B101-125-false%5D):

[ALT]+[F1]
cd data
mkdir x

[insert USB drive to save logs and see if is sdb1 or sdc1 or sdd1, and so on]
busybox mount /dev/block/sdc1 x     (or what appeard instead of sdc1 when inserting USB flash drive)
cd x
cp /data/log.txt logcat_card_YYYYMMDD.txt
dmesg > dmesg_card_YYYYMMDD.txt
adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger > dumpsys_card_YYYYMMDD.txt

Regards,
pstglia

Ron Coit

Sep 17, 2014, 8:19:05 AM9/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry but once once I type the last "exit" and it start to boot full android, the screen goes blank and no amount of hitting ALT+F1 or ALT+F2 or ALT+F3 will bring the screen  back to life.

I was able to get the logcat_card_20140917.txt file by adding a DATA=sda2 entry to the grub.cfg file, but I was unable to get the other two files.

I was able to get a dmesg before the final exit was typed and android full started to boot, but I guess it is is not useful. I have included it anyway just in case.
dmesg_card_before_20140917.txt
logcat_card_20140917.txt

Abbas Mohammadi

Sep 17, 2014, 12:56:41 PM9/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
why do you built android for asus tx300ca tablet?
every driver work just auto rotate not work .
if you do this you have full android image that can be one of the best of image and more than 1000 people can use this as second os as like as me
thanks alot

Vaidotas

Sep 17, 2014, 2:07:46 PM9/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When booting normally (or in debug mode) after loading screen blinks and stays blank. I got some luck only booting with nomodeset boot parameter. That way I can get into console.
Here's logs from booting with nomodeset. If you have any ideas, how to debug normal boot mode - I could get logs from there too, if only I could get to console.

I can actually boot latest "fedlet" with working video, but only with nomodeset parameter. Touchscreen or any other interesting hardware doesn't work there.
lenovo-miix-2-8-logs.zip

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 17, 2014, 11:04:38 PM9/17/14
to Android-x86
From the logcat, SurfacFlinger (pid 1443) got some errors:

09-17 07:57:56.282 1443 1478 E BufferQueue: [BootAnimation]
dequeueBuffer: time out and will free all buffer!
09-17 07:57:57.106 1443 1790 D PermissionCache: checking
android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER for uid=1000 => granted (0
us)
09-17 07:57:57.106 1750 1764 I WindowManager: No existing display
settings /data/system/display_settings.xml; starting empty
09-17 07:57:58.745 1443 1476 W SurfaceFlinger: received signal 12 in
thread 1476, resending to 1769
09-17 07:57:58.757 1443 1477 W SurfaceFlinger: received signal 12 in
thread 1477, resending to 1769
09-17 07:57:58.769 1443 1478 W SurfaceFlinger: received signal 12 in
thread 1478, resending to 1769

(the message lasts forever)

I guess the kernel driver has some issues on your hardware...
> --

Message has been deleted

pstglia

Sep 17, 2014, 11:20:26 PM9/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Here's logs from booting with nomodeset. If you have any ideas, how to debug normal boot mode - I could get logs from there too, if only I could get to console.

To get logcat, you can use the method Ron Coit used (set DATA=PARTITION_NAME )

To get some dmesg info, boot under debug mode without "nomodeset parameter". Before "Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between virtual consoles" message, get dmesg output
Also, get lsmod output and "cat /dev/fb".
This will give a minimal info which drivers are being loaded and if you are using drm

Regards,
pstglia

pstglia

Sep 17, 2014, 11:31:16 PM9/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I was able to get a dmesg before the final exit was typed and android full started to boot, but I guess it is is not useful. I have included it anyway just in case.

This dmesg output was got  just before "Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between virtual consoles" message?

Can you also provide the output from "cat /proc/fb" and lsmod?

Chih-Wei,
  Does T100 uses i915/i965 driver? I couldn't find these info on dmesg output Ron provided. Seems like it's not being loaded

Thanks,
pstglia

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 17, 2014, 11:56:59 PM9/17/14
to Android-x86

> This dmesg output was got just before "Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between
> virtual consoles" message?
>
> Can you also provide the output from "cat /proc/fb" and lsmod?
>
> Chih-Wei,
> Does T100 uses i915/i965 driver? I couldn't find these info on dmesg

Yes, it is.

> output Ron provided. Seems like it's not being loaded

It loaded ok (search GRALLOC).
But later SurfaceFlinger got errors.

Ron Coit

Sep 18, 2014, 8:30:32 AM9/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Here are the file you requested. Taken before the Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between virtual consoles" message

There was no /dev/fb, but there was a /dev/fb0

I am not sure if I took the previous dmesg before or after the above message.

Ron
dmesg_20140918.txt
fb0_20140918.txt
lsmod_20140918.txt
Message has been deleted

pstglia

Sep 20, 2014, 3:31:25 PM9/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

There was no /dev/fb, but there was a /dev/fb0
Sorry, my fault. What I want to really see is the output of /proc/fb ( /proc dir instead of /dev). I'm expecting to get as result "inteldrmfb".

Here are the file you requested. Taken before the Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between virtual consoles" message
lsmod should return more loaded modules. Your output just have atkdb.

Just to confirm. There are 2 exit points under debug mode:

1) "Type 'exit' to continue booting..." message
2) "Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between virtual consoles" message

These cmds must be executed on 2nd step.

If you did this, Try force loading the module at this point:

modprobe i915

After this, check if you have it listed on lsmod and if you have "inteldrmfb" on /proc/fb

 If positive (lsmod returns i915 and and /proc/fb returns inteldrmfb), type exit and continue booting. And let's see what we got

* * *

Another info I got:

1) logcat showed the drm driver was created for "i915". And egl/mesa fails to create a pipe screen for "i965" (maybe just a harmless typo on a debug output) :

09-17 07:57:51.107  1773  1776 I GRALLOC-DRM: create intel for driver: i915
09-17 07:57:51.107  1773  1776 W EGL-GALLIUM: failed to create a pipe screen for i965
09-17 07:57:51.107  1773  1776 W EGL-GALLIUM: failed to create DRM screen
09-17 07:57:51.107  1773  1776 W EGL-GALLIUM: will fall back to other EGL drivers if any

Under 9.2.0 Mesa code, i965 tries to use "ilo" to create a pipe drm screen...

# src/gallium/targets/egl-static/egl_pipe.c
struct pipe_screen *
egl_pipe_create_drm_screen(const char *name, int fd)
{
   if (strcmp(name, "i915") == 0)
      return pipe_i915_create_screen(fd);
-->   else if (strcmp(name, "i965") == 0)
-->      return pipe_ilo_create_screen(fd);
   else if (strcmp(name, "nouveau") == 0)
      return pipe_nouveau_create_screen(fd);
   else if (strcmp(name, "r300") == 0)
      return pipe_r300_create_screen(fd);
   else if (strcmp(name, "r600") == 0)
      return pipe_r600_create_screen(fd);
   else if (strcmp(name, "radeonsi") == 0)
      return pipe_radeonsi_create_screen(fd);
   else if (strcmp(name, "vmwgfx") == 0)
      return pipe_vmwgfx_create_screen(fd);
   else if (strcmp(name, "kgsl") == 0)
      return pipe_freedreno_create_screen(fd);
   else
      return NULL;
}

Seems this errors occurs because it's trying to use ilo, which suppose it's not enabled (unless this was changed in this test iso)

Message has been deleted

Gabriel Moysan

Sep 21, 2014, 4:23:21 AM9/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
how install android x86 to harddisk on asus t100 ?
Thanks in advance
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Ron Coit

Sep 21, 2014, 8:42:06 AM9/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I booted to the second state after typing the first exit and looked at lsmod and the i915 mod was NOT loaded, so I did a modprobe i915 and then I took the files I attached.

 I then typed exit again and it booted into android with full and proper graphics.

 It was very slow, but I was able to select a language and tap through to the Welcome screen. I don't know if it hung at that point or it was just very slow, but I shut it down with the power button after 5 mins.

Ron Coit
demsg_20140920.txt
fb_20140920.txt
log_20140920.txt
lsmod_20140920.txt

Ron Coit

Sep 21, 2014, 8:57:41 PM9/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to reproduce the results I had early. Before when I ran modprobe i915 the screen went blank but I was able to use ALT-F2 to switch to another screen and then dump the files and type exit, but now no matter how many times I try the keyboard as well as the screen seem to become unresponsive after I run modprobe i915

Ron

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 21, 2014, 9:45:06 PM9/21/14
to Android-x86
> 1) logcat showed the drm driver was created for "i915". And egl/mesa fails
> to create a pipe screen for "i965" (maybe just a harmless typo on a debug
> output) :
>
> 09-17 07:57:51.107 1773 1776 I GRALLOC-DRM: create intel for driver: i915
> 09-17 07:57:51.107 1773 1776 W EGL-GALLIUM: failed to create a pipe screen
> for i965
> 09-17 07:57:51.107 1773 1776 W EGL-GALLIUM: failed to create DRM screen
> 09-17 07:57:51.107 1773 1776 W EGL-GALLIUM: will fall back to other EGL
> drivers if any

This is normal and harmless.
It just means the gallium driver could not be loaded.
Will fall back to EGL driver (classical i965) as it explained.

Ricardo Castro

Sep 22, 2014, 8:19:44 PM9/22/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Thank You Guys

Ron Coit

Sep 24, 2014, 9:39:33 AM9/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I was able to reproduce my earlier results and get into full android by typing "modprobe i915 ; exit" after I got the "Use Alt-F1/F2/F3 to switch between virtual consoles" message on the screen.

Ron

Vaidotas

Sep 24, 2014, 1:04:23 PM9/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What iso image are you using and do you boot with nomodeset parameter?

Ron Coit

Sep 25, 2014, 7:50:18 AM9/25/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am using the img posted at the beginning of this thread without using nomodest. I also found that if you use DATA=sda2 then that partion must be blank on boot or the display never comes up.

Ron

Veti

Sep 26, 2014, 12:58:11 AM9/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the great work.

I am using this build on my Medion Akoya P2212T.
I had to change the boot loader to grub2.

What work:
* Graphic (OpenGL ES2/ES3)
* Touch
* Battery
* Camera
* Backlight
* Audio (have to manually remove the module snd_dummy)
* Power and volume buttons
* Reboot/shutdown

Not work:
* Wifi (its an intel 3160. kernel error during boot is failed to load module iwlmvm (error 65280), is dynamic loading enabled? )
* Bluetooth
* Sensors
* Rotation (hid_sensor_rotation is loaded)
* MicroSD (missing the kernel module rtsx_usb, could you include this in your next build? its under mfd in the kernel)
* Internal Mic

Message has been deleted

Giovanni Virgilio

Sep 26, 2014, 11:06:52 AM9/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for the beautiful work.

I am using this build on my HP Omni 10

I only makes this adds in "grub.cfg"
set default=0
set timeout=5
to start first item on grub menu without keyboard

the OS is very responsive and audio work and don'twork randomly

in live mode

What work:
* Graphic (OpenGL ES2/ES3)
* Touch
* Battery
* Backlight/brightness
* Audio
* Reboot/shutdown

Not work:
* Wifi
* Bluetooth
* Sensors
* Power and volume buttons and win button (so when backlight turn off i dont be able to turn on display)
* Internal Mic
* Camera

can you suggest me how modify thes release or i can beta test new version ??

Many TNX
Giovanni
Message has been deleted

Klim Chani

Sep 27, 2014, 11:19:18 PM9/27/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey, thanks for all your hard work.

There was an update to the OS about 5 days ago, update 313. I was wondering if that update has something that would give us the 64 bit UEFI?

I asked on many forums but no one really knows what the update did. I thought I would let you know it's out and ask you if it helps us run android more smoothly in any way.

Thanks again!

Klim

pstglia

Sep 28, 2014, 10:21:09 PM9/28/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Can you try this kernel parameter?

i915.i915_enable_rc6=1

This is a power save parameter (C6 power). Read a comment on the link bellow that a user had a better performance with this mode enabled

Jeffrey Kirk

Sep 28, 2014, 11:01:48 PM9/28/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your hard work and effort on bring Android to the T100.

Is it likely that the microsd card will work in the future?
Also, how would I go about manually installing it to the tablet?

Thanks,
Jeff

On Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:57:57 AM UTC-5, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
The image is built from android-x86 4.4 codebase

What work:
* Graphic (OpenGL ES2/ES3)
* Touch
* Wifi
* Audio
* Battery
* Reboot/shutdown

Not work:

* Bluetooth
* Sensors
* Camera
* MicroSD
* Backlight
* Internal Mic
* Power and volume buttons
* Installer (but you may install it manually)

Known issue:
* Sometimes the system becomes very slow.

How to use:

Veti

Sep 29, 2014, 3:26:27 AM9/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
just change the bootloader to grub2 and you can boot it on a 64 bit system.

J. Menke

Sep 29, 2014, 3:50:25 AM9/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everybody involved in the development. I tried the image on an Odys Wintab 10: http://www.odys.de/web/tablet-pc_wintab10_de.html

It is a Bay Trail tablet similar to the Asus T100. Unfortunately, apart from wifi and probably a bunch of other things, the touchscreen isn't working, which makes further testing a bit difficult. I attached a few logs, any chance to get the hardware supported?

dmesg.txt
log.txt
lspci.txt
lsusb.txt

Fajar A. Nugraha

Sep 29, 2014, 9:34:47 PM9/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
T100TA? I haven't seen a BIOS update form Asus in a long time. And an
OS (i.e. windows) update should not change whether you can boot 64bit
EFI or not.

That being said, 32-bit grub-efi can boot 64-bit linux just fine, but
it can't chainload 64-bit EFI (I tried chainloading 64-bit rEFInd,
doesn't work).

--
Fajar

Thirajed Panpaprai

Oct 1, 2014, 7:40:20 AM10/1/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Chih-Wei for your hard works.

I'd like to share my experiences on my T100.

After doing dd the file image to a usb drive, my T100 can boot it to x86 Android. (My T100 is an updated model with Intel Atom Z3775 processor.)
However, Android always freezes or hangs after working for a while. I think it has worked for not more than 10 minutes after playing some games. It has no response to anything except holding power button and volume-down button to reset my T100.

Thank you again.
Jed ..

Klim Chani

Oct 3, 2014, 1:37:41 AM10/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Are there any updated images? Because when I ran it a few weeks ago it stopped after like 1 minuye of working. Also running z3775.

Yat Chow

Oct 3, 2014, 12:03:44 PM10/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I own a tablet which have similar hardware with miix,and i can boot my device with this img,but sometimes it's going wrong.only several times the device run android well.in my opinion,you can try this img,but you need lucky enough to run it on your tablet.(sorry for my poor english.)

On Monday, September 15, 2014 2:57:07 AM UTC+8, Vaidotas wrote:
What changes need to be made for this img to work on Lenovo Miix 2 8 tablet? It is similar to Asus T100, just screen resolution is smaller (800x1280). I've tested this version and only get blank screen after console messages.

Thirajed Panpaprai

Oct 4, 2014, 3:23:08 PM10/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I think we have to wait for a new updated Linux kernel ...

เมื่อ วันศุกร์ที่ 3 ตุลาคม ค.ศ. 2014, 12 นาฬิกา 37 นาที 41 วินาที UTC+7, Klim Chani เขียนว่า:

Сергей Трофимов

Oct 13, 2014, 1:19:42 PM10/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I compiled the kernel 3.17.
I renamed the bzImage file to the kernel and replace them the original file in android x86.
The system starts to boot, comes to Detecting Android-x86 ......... and so on to infinity.
Tell me, please, how to prepare the kernel for android x86.
Sorry for my bad English.

mg442

Oct 20, 2014, 9:36:03 AM10/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
"* Installer (but you may install it manually)" <<< How to install this manually? Please answer, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 8 32bit UEFI without CSM support and this img have worked, but wifi and bluetooth no, and I need make a test with external micro wifi usb dongle and my tablet have only one usb for all (recharge and external usb devices), I need install in order to pull usb install media and connect usb wifi dongle, besides the R/W installed system wich is a must have for me, thanks for Android-x86 project, this voluntary work is essential in Android whole world. English isn't my primary language, thanks for your patience in this matter.

Сергей Трофимов

Oct 28, 2014, 8:14:48 AM10/28/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
Compile please your image with the following drivers: WiFi rtl8723bs - https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723ас and Touchscreen - https://github.com/hadess/gt9хх
Tested on Onda V975w.

Sorry for my bad English.

Сергей Трофимов

Oct 29, 2014, 7:17:00 AM10/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry.
Links is bad.
New links:
Wifi rtl8723BS – https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723as
Touchscreen Goodix GT9113 – https://github.com/hadess/gt9xx
Drivers work in Ubuntu on Onda V975w.
Chih-Wei Huang, please, compile your image for T100 with these drivers.
Sorry for my bad english.

вторник, 28 октября 2014 г., 15:14:48 UTC+3 пользователь Сергей Трофимов написал:
Message has been deleted

Eldon H

Nov 1, 2014, 11:51:03 PM11/1/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I own ASUS Vivotabe Note 8 (M80TA), Z3740 touch screen with Wacom pen,
tried this T100 updated image,
it boots straight to home without any problem,
Graphics, Wifi works perfectly,
but touch screen not work, any help is appreciated
thanks

Eldon
Message has been deleted

Zeeshan Ahmed P

Nov 7, 2014, 6:07:49 AM11/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded the image and tried using it on my Dell Venue 8 Pro but it doesn't boot.. when I press live OS sometimes I just see a blinking cursor, and sometimes I see the boot animation but the video is too messed up, can't see anything properly.. And when I try to install this I gets installed with no issues but after the installation if I chose to run android it gets stuck showing ANDROID on the screen (not bootanim just text).. Am I going wrong somewhere,,? Idk if this image is suppose to work on my tab.. just trying.. Do I need to build an image from the source for mine..? Is there a device tree for venue 8 pro..?
Need help.. Thanking you guys in advance.. Any help is much appreciated :)

Na Gh

Nov 7, 2014, 11:03:15 AM11/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello

did it support "Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter" ? if Wifi works that mean it did ! I couldn't make this Wifi driver work on the HP Omni 10 ! Any Idea ?

Thanks

Na Gh

Nov 7, 2014, 11:40:42 AM11/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I think the Wifi driver is the same of the T100 !
I don't understand why it doesn't work !!!

Stephen Ferrell

Stephen Ferrell

Nov 7, 2014, 4:43:03 PM11/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I was pleasantly surprised to see Android boot on my Toshiba Encore.  I get thru hardware detection just fine in normal and debug boot mode but then I'm left with a blank red screen.  I suspect all output is being routed thru the micro-HDMI port but I can't confirm this until my micro-HDMI cable arrives.  Thanks and keep up the great work Chih-Wei.

Stephen

Nov 14, 2014, 10:18:48 AM11/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chih-Wei,

I'm still getting my feet wet in building my own images, but managed to do a generic-x86 build.  I'm particularly interested in building support for my ECS Liva.  I'm guessing the build for the Asus T100 has some similarity to the ECS Liva, another Baytrail device, and would love if you could share your build files as a starting point.  Are these available somewhere already?  I didn't see any obvious tags or branches which included the necessary build files, so I'm guessing you produced the T100 image locally and haven't committed the build files.

-Stephen

gdx

Nov 17, 2014, 10:10:57 AM11/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
First of all, thanks to Chih-Wei for the great work.

I've recently bought a Toshiba Encore 2 WT8 B-102 with BayTrail Z3735G and I'm facing the same issue (32bit UEFI).
I gave this image a try and I was happily surprised to have it booting.

Here's what I've got:

What work:
* Graphic (OpenGL ES2/ES3)
* Touch
* Battery
* Reboot/shutdown

Not work:
* Wifi
* Audio

* Bluetooth
* Sensors
* Camera
* MicroSD
* Backlight
* Internal Mic
* Power and volume buttons
* Installer (but you may install it manually)

-gdx

Andrew Stubbs

Nov 18, 2014, 12:06:03 PM11/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I tried booting this on my Toshiba encore w10-a-120 and it's working really well. Really smooth with no lag. No WiFi, as there is no support for the rtl8723b and none of the pre compiled modules for this wifi seem to work.

Jean Lefleuve

Nov 21, 2014, 4:32:06 AM11/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have a asus t100 and the image works as described, but how to keep the parameters at each reboot?

 work:  Graphic (OpenGL ES2/ES3)  Touch  Wifi  Audio  Battery  Reboot/shutdown
Not work:  Bluetooth  Sensors  Camera  MicroSD  Backlight  Internal Mic  Power and volume buttons

-> Installer (but you may install it manually) -> How ?

Thank's

Andrew Stubbs

Nov 26, 2014, 5:39:42 PM11/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Are we able to download the source tree for this android version? its the only version which boots and works on my intel tablet...

Alessandro Bertolero

Nov 26, 2014, 6:32:34 PM11/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi all
ty for this fantastic news!!

Every think work as you describe on t100ta.

well,  i'm try to fix light_sensor on my t100 ( it is capella 3218), i download kenel 3.16 from pstglla github and patched with patch in attached file ( cp from capella instrument), build kernel, cp module cm3218.ko to t100 and modprobe, but it return an error becouse kernek version is diff. From your first post it suppose to be 3.16 but with uname -r it is 3.17.0 rc4.
May you compile for me, please?

Sorry for my poor english.

best regards
Alessandro
patch-3218.tar.gz

Eric S.

Nov 27, 2014, 3:43:34 AM11/27/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
-> Installer (but you may install it manually) -> How ?

Here is a possible solution (which worked for me):

Get the latest Android X86 Easy Installer from herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142563

Select an ISO from Android x86 4.4 and let the programm copy everything to the USB drive.
After completion replace the files from the T100 .img to the newly created Folder named "Android" (Data.img,system.img,initrd.img,kernel & ramdisk.img)
Also copy the EFI Folder to the root of the USB stick.

Now edit the file /EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg and add these lines:
menuentry 'Boot Android from USB' --class android-x86 {
        set root='hd0,1'
        linuxefi /android/kernel androidboot.hardware=android_x86 HWACCEL= INSTALL= DEBUG=
        initrdefi /android/initrd.img
}
i also added my EFI Folder in the attachments.

Now plug in the USB to your T100 or similar device and you are ready to go!

Another Point maybe you can help me.
I am trying to set up the build environment to compile the kernel with modules (or/and drivers). This is very difficult for me because i dont know really much about programming.
Can someone explain me (or give me an tutorial) how to compile the kernel (Experimental kernel 3.16 which uses Huang in this image) with new drivers like these here:

WIFI Driver RTL8723BS

and a Goodix Touchscreen

Wifi rtl8723BS – https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723as
Touchscreen Goodix GT9113 – https://github.com/hadess/gt9xx

My Device is an ODYS Wintab 10 (same as the previous poster J.Menke) - Branded chinese tablet which is distributed by a lot of german and international "brands".

The image works great but touchscreen , wifi , BT do not work (Can work with it with USB keyboard and mice). I would like to make changes to the kernel (or the system) to make the touchscreen & wifi work.
Any Ideas? Maybe this is helping me https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/Ohte5J7M4fE but i didn't got my developement system set up because the is not a good detailed tutorial for this (to start from scratch).
I also tried to load some kernel modules (*.ko) from other images with adb or insmod but it gives me an EXEC Error (i think this is because the driver is not compiled for android x86 kernel as far as i can understand that)

If you could help me this would be great! I would like to learn it but all of what i have read this far does not help me really.

Regards,

Eric
EFI.zip

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 8, 2014, 9:48:29 AM12/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Just built an image for my Asus T100 using pstglia kernel 3.18-rc6 (from here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/WF3lSiLVFgs) with some additional patches from http://github.com/AdamWill/baytrail-m.

The following works:
* OpenGL
* Touchscreen
* Wireless
* Audio (sort of... it is detected but my alsa config doesn't work)
* Battery indicator
* Reboot/shutdown
* Backlight control (needs kernel boot parameter, also causes some strange messages in dmesg)
* Power and home buttons (can't get Android to recognize the home button, but it is detected by cat /dev/input/event5)
* SD card

The following is still broken:
* Bluetooth
* Sensors
* Camera
* Volume buttons

Notes:

Need someone more capable of kernel hacking as my experience is limited.

As for the missing things:

Accelerometer/Gyroscope is InvenSense MPU6500. There's already a driver for this in the kernel. With ACPI enumeration patch, I was able to get the driver to detect the device, but it fails to work with error:
"probe if i2c-INVN6500:00 failed with error -121"

Camera sensor is Aptina MT9M114. There's a driver in ChromiumOS repository, but it needs modifications to get it to work with current kernel.

I have no idea about the Volume buttons and Bluetooth...

Will try to upload the image but need to fix audio first.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 9, 2014, 12:45:32 AM12/9/14
to Android-x86
Did you update x86 device tree recently?
It has contained the correct alsa config for T100.

repo sync device/generic/x86

dieter heidelberg

Dec 9, 2014, 3:33:52 AM12/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Great work Povilas!

will you move on to Android 5.0 soon? I would like to beta-test your ISOs on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Can you keep me up-to-date at dieter.heidelberg [at] gmail [dot] com

dieter heidelberg

Dec 9, 2014, 3:58:16 AM12/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Chih-Wei...can you make a Android 5.0 image that will work for ASUS T100 or the Dell Venue 8 Pro once you release Android 5.0?

Will this Android 5.0 image for device like Dell Venue 8 Pro be installable? How will the boot process work since these devices have a 32bit UEFI? Will dual boot with Windows 8.1 be possible?

dieter heidelberg

Dec 9, 2014, 4:05:57 AM12/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Can you upload your most recent/best image for testing? Thanks in advance!

On Monday, December 8, 2014 3:48:29 PM UTC+1, Povilas Staniulis wrote:
Message has been deleted

Alessandro Bertolero

Dec 10, 2014, 10:31:45 AM12/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Povilas Staniulis
 i'm trying to compile with kernel 3.18 too.
i patch with your posted patch + baytrail_button.patch and 3218.patch(sensor light)

i start from kernel 3.17.rc4  .config  copy from /proc/config.gz

like you

Audio (sort of... it is detected but my alsa config doesn't work)

wifi doesn't works (maybe.... sure my mismatch....how do you do?)

light sensor working good $ watch cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:
device0/in_illuminance0_input    if move t100 under light the value encrase or decrese if viceversa
now just work to connect to automatic backlight

baytrail_button i'm working on, the module is load but doesn't work

Sorry for my bad english
Ciao

Il giorno lunedì 8 dicembre 2014 15:48:29 UTC+1, Povilas Staniulis ha scritto:
- mostra testo citato -
3218.patch
baytrail_button.patch

dieter heidelberg

Dec 10, 2014, 10:36:17 AM12/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alessandro,

or somebody else. Can you please post your best T100 image?

Alessandro Bertolero

Dec 10, 2014, 4:20:09 PM12/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi Dieter
sorry but at the moment i haven't good image to post, it's working progress.

@ Povilas
i fix my problem with wifi, forgot copy in /lib/firmware/brcm/  brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt
i'm working to fix sound issue, if you have some news please may you post? ty

ciao

dieter heidelberg

Dec 10, 2014, 4:42:33 PM12/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Please let me know as soon as you have a working (especially Wifi) image! Can you send me Emails?

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro. But I guess the hardware is similar.

Is it based on Android 4.4 or 5.0?

How do you boot? Can you directly build the bootable image or do you modify the default iso with some EFI 32bit boot option? How?

Will there be an Android-x86 Lolipop image officially released soon? Will it support 64bit EFI and 32bit EFI boot? Will it allow to be installed and booted parallel to other OSSes like Windows or Linux?

I tried to build Android-x86 Lolipop myself but the "repo sync" constantly produces errors so far. Here is the error message:

Fetching project platform/external/stlport
Fetching projects:  27% (110/404)  Fetching project platform/hardware/intel/common/bd_prov
Fetching project platform/external/chromium_org/third_party/libjingle/source/talk
Fetching project platform/packages/apps/Stk
Fetching project platform/external/strace
Fetching projects:  28% (114/404)  Fetching project platform/external/libssh2
Fetching project platform/packages/screensavers/Basic
Fetching project platform/packages/apps/OMA-DM
fatal: remote error: Git repository not found

Ekapol tassaneeyasin

Dec 10, 2014, 9:35:42 PM12/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm try to build image from kernel source 3.18.0-RC6
but my touchscreen not work very well,
when i tap the screen and release, touch point in android not release

but if i use image from this topic, my touch screen is work fine
Is require additional patch or process for this work?

my device is ACER Switch 10 Baytrail with I2C Controller SYNA7300 [i2c_designware]

Please help me, Thanks you

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 10, 2014, 10:44:41 PM12/10/14
to Android-x86
Probably.
I'm busy recently.
Will try to rebase changes to 3.18
when I have time.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 10, 2014, 10:48:06 PM12/10/14
to Android-x86
It seems Google removed packages/apps/OMA-DM
from the latest AOSP tree.
I'll update the manifest when I have time.
For now you can just remove packages/apps/OMA-DM
in the .repo/manifest.xml.

Alessandro Bertolero

Dec 11, 2014, 6:04:32 AM12/11/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ekapol

the touchscreen issue happens to me if i swich from hardware keyboard to google keyboard.
try to chek it.

@Dieter
I'm working on 4.4 and i gparted usb key in 2 partition--
1° 1 Gbyte fat16 flag=boot label=Android-x86 and copy EFI ( copy from  image Chih's attach) and copy *.img and kernel from buid source and modify grub.cfg (/EFI/boot/) with DATA=sdb2
2° ..(freespace)...Gbyte ext4 label=data for data
I use system.img and not system.sfs becouse .sfs can't mount as rw.

@Chich
thank a lot for your work.

ciao

dieter heidelberg

Dec 11, 2014, 10:44:45 AM12/11/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Can you post your grub.cfg?

Where did you get system.img from?

Carusoe Park

Dec 14, 2014, 8:23:05 PM12/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I was able to install this onto a USB drive with no problem, but have not been successful trying to install it to a partition of the SSD drive in the tablet.

The image provided (.img file) cannot be used to make an installer it seems. I was able to use Unetbootin to make a live USB, but could not use the image to install onto the hard drive.

Any advice?

[...]

sarma...@yahoo.com

Dec 18, 2014, 5:17:32 PM12/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying build my own copy of this image so I can add some additional hw support.  I can build images from the standard android-x86 repo.  It's clear I need to be building from a newer kernel version, as the config from the above image shows Linux/x86 3.17.0-rc4.  Is there a separate git repo or branch with this kernel plus whatever additional changes were made to build for the T100?

Thanks,
Eric
Message has been deleted

Carbon Jiao

Dec 18, 2014, 8:48:06 PM12/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chih Wei, Huang

I have a tablet similar as T100:
      Intel Atom Z3735D,
      EDT FocalTech FT5x06 I2C Touchscreen
      Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless, Realtek Bluetooth UART Bus Driver, Realtek I2S Audio
      Broadcom GNSS 4752 Geolocation Sensor
      Kionix KXCJ9 Accelerometer
so, the image of T100 doesn't work well on my table...

So, could you help to check if I can only compile the linux kernel except the Android system?
And how to procede?
2. Configure the kernel and compile with commands "make bzImage modules"
    CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EDT_FT5X06=y
    CONFIG_KXSD9=y
3. Replace "kernel" of t100 image with the "bzImage";
4. How to replace files of system.img (I can unpack the sfs image)?
And some else need to be done?

And there is a way to use Vol+ Vol- or Power button to swith dul-boot? Use gummiboot?
(The bios only support boot from 32 efi...)

Thanks a lot!

在 2014年9月14日星期日UTC+8下午10时57分57秒,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

John Williams

Dec 23, 2014, 6:12:16 AM12/23/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
works great.  Not worried about the minor bugs.  I would like to know how to boot to this without disabling secure boot.  Also upon startup it reconfigures need to setup again, how to i avoid this.

Jack Padilla

Dec 24, 2014, 11:28:34 AM12/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Works beautifully! Only issue I am getting is frequent hangs which require me to force shutdown.

I can understand this is still being worked on, so I'll stay tuned for the updates!

Paulo alberto de oliveira

Jan 9, 2015, 2:59:14 PM1/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
is to install this img on my hd?

yixi liang

Feb 14, 2015, 6:23:49 AM2/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
在 2014年9月14日星期日 UTC+8下午10:57:57,Chih-Wei Huang写道:
>  android-x86-t100.img​
> --
> Chih-Wei
> Android-x86 project
> http://www.android-x86.org

Awesome work.
I have tried to install the image on my Asus VivotabNote8.
only wifi and OpenGL works.touchscreen ,blacklight and audio is down.
I notice a good way to boot easily without usb stick and won't lose data(based on Huang's grub bootloader.):

First,resize the EFI partition to more than 500MB and created a new ext4

partition using the tools here.remember the number of this ext4 partition (like 5)

(Partition Tools and notepad++):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/D85Jq02cLrE

Second,put all the files into the efi partitons and cover all the booting files inside it.

(SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE KNOWN!!

ONE: how to mount the efi partition in windows 8.1:

first,open task manager, kill the explorer , start a new "explorer.exe" in

admininstrator,then use the partition tool to give the partition a letter like

F:,at last you can see it in explorer.

TWO: you need a software called EasyUEFI to add boot options in EFI firmware
{add this path:/efi/boot/bootia32.efi named "grub"]

THREE:then edit the grub.cfg using the tool Notepad++,add DATA=mmcblk0pX at the end of line "linuxefi"

X should be changed to your ext4 partition number such as 5)

then reboot to EFI Firmware,change the boot option to grub,then start.

you can see the grub menu,you can choose system using a keyboard(OTG).

the data won't lost because it will be sasved in the ext4 partition.

(all above actually using mmcblk0pX istead of sdaX)

I'm going to try BCD Booting that i can use touchscreen to choose system.

hope it will be helpful.

liang