Amazon is such a crook

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 9, 2021, 8:12:57 AM9/9/21
I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
It was supposed to be sold for $10.
Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.

All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!

https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X

Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.

No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee, multi-trillionaire++ at heart if not money

Peter T. Daniels

Sep 9, 2021, 10:01:51 AM9/9/21
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 8:12:57 AM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:

> I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.

You need to read your contract caerfully and see what it says about royalties.

> It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
>
> All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
>
> https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
>
> Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
>
> No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!

Can't be shipped to the US. Self-published using the amazon platform.

One review, 5-star, which reads as though it was written by the author.

amazon us offers it for $9.95 and, unlike amazon au, carries sales
information:

Best Sellers Rank: #19,571,213 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#104,657 in Epic Fantasy (Books)

And the same lone review and rating.

spains...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2021, 10:42:49 AM9/9/21
It's not exactly light reading:

"Rapt is He, the Greatest God, in one timeless meditation!
His stillness wraps all the visible activity of The Universe."

£6.39 in the UK. You can read a couple of pages here:

<https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X>

Peter Duncanson [BrE]

Sep 9, 2021, 2:56:58 PM9/9/21
On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 05:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Arindam Banerjee
<banerjee...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
>It was supposed to be sold for $10.
>Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
>
>All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
>
>https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
>
>Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.

The price increase might be an attempt to sell the book. Potential
buyers might have seen $10 as suggesting that the book is of low
quailty.

--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)

Tony Cooper

Sep 9, 2021, 3:28:55 PM9/9/21
On Thu, 09 Sep 2021 19:56:57 +0100, "Peter Duncanson [BrE]"
<ma...@peterduncanson.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 05:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Arindam Banerjee
><banerjee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
>>It was supposed to be sold for $10.
>>Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
>>
>>All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
>>
>>https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
>>
>>Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
>
>The price increase might be an attempt to sell the book. Potential
>buyers might have seen $10 as suggesting that the book is of low
>quailty.

I think the increase might have been a step to increase the value of
any books they might have on hand in order to have a larger write-off
when they put them in the dumpster.

>>No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Arindam Banerjee, multi-trillionaire++ at heart if not money
--

Tony Cooper Orlando Florida

J. J. Lodder

Sep 9, 2021, 4:00:41 PM9/9/21
Peter Duncanson [BrE] <ma...@peterduncanson.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 05:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Arindam Banerjee
> <banerjee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> >It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> >Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
> >
> >All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
> >
> >https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
> >
> >Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps
> >up the price on its website.
>
> The price increase might be an attempt to sell the book. Potential
> buyers might have seen $10 as suggesting that the book is of low
> quailty.

I doubt it. My Amazon lists it for €8,57, to be delivered september 13.
They must have a copy of it stocked somewhere in Europe.

I'm certainly not going to try it,

Jan

spains...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2021, 5:18:34 PM9/9/21
You are slandering him, and that is actionable by law, so delete
it. Except that obAUE you aren't doing so.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 9, 2021, 7:40:59 PM9/9/21
On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 00:01:51 UTC+10, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 8:12:57 AM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
>
> > I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> You need to read your contract caerfully and see what it says about royalties.

I did. They will pay me only if sales exceed a certain number.
Most importantly, I am the one to set the price.
I set it at around ten dollars.
They have no business to charge more from their site.
That they do, shows they have broken their contract.

> > It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> > Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
> >
> > All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
> >
> > Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
> >
> > No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!
> Can't be shipped to the US. Self-published using the amazon platform.
Createspace, an Amazon subsidiary. Why lie, Daniels? Some friends in US bought that online years ago at $10. One Australian friend bought it from US for the same price.

> One review, 5-star, which reads as though it was written by the author.

No. I did not write it.
It has to be written by someone who paid for and bought the book using the website.
I know some friends and relatives bought the book.
Could be, one of them.
They have praised it highly.
My father paid me the supreme compliment, that it reminded him of Kalidas.
That comment, from him, makes this book easily the supreme work in all modern literature.
Which of course it is, being a true feast for the soul, with starters, entree, main, dessert and coffee. All spiritual.

It the Mona Lisa of Literature, inferior only to Sanskrit scripture.
Supreme is the word.
Unmatched.
It is for changing human destiny on the most positive lines.

Not that I really mind not making profits, for this book is dedicated to the Divine, so profit is not the motive for me. God, that is the Prajapatirhishi, is not to be trifled with. I dedicate my work to the Gods and Goddesses, and leave the rest to Them. They will do what They will do. After all, this book is about Them.

But I should protest against deception. Which I do, now. Thieves must be exposed.

> amazon us offers it for $9.95 and, unlike amazon au, carries sales I have no doubt that
> information:

Used to be. The site as I showed it to my Facebook friends shows it now sells for 23 dollars with 4 dollars postage.
Why is that?
Simple answer, they are liars and thieves. Also, greedy people whose greed has exposed them for the crooks they are.

> Best Sellers Rank: #19,571,213 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
> #104,657 in Epic Fantasy (Books)

Heh heh, who believes liars and thieves and frauds who can so easily fudge the numbers!
(They have done just that with my YouTube videos as well, showing my discoveries and inventions.)
Anything to keep the brown Hindu super-genius down, what. Gone on for centuries. I do understand why.
Point is they have increased the price to loot even more soundly, and that is crystal clear.
If the book was not selling why increase the price? It must be selling really big but at the same time they are doing their best to keep the official numbers down. Make huge profits and yet give me no credit. Clever, what! Also, stupid. If they had kept the price as it was I could not make these charges.

> And the same lone review and rating.

One true word is enough. The book speaks for itself.
Of course, this book is not for those who go for a hundred shades of grey, etc. so it will not be a best seller of that kind! Nevertheless there is nothing to prevent many among even such readers to pay for my book. One can be both decadent and discerning.

It is a book for the ages.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.

And there is not much the put downers can do about that! I am so blessed.

I have published it in instalments with extra annotations in my Facebook wall. My friends are stunned. They remain as impressed with me as ever.
If the racist bigots annoy me here, I may unleash it upon them here in this Ng. Will brighten it up, not that the dull sods will appreciate same. But that would be the point.
I have no doubt that good public relations will boost readership of this book to record levels, now that is another story.
For the time being, I have other priorities.

Never to have anything to do with anything about business in the US, is the lesson for me.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 9, 2021, 9:12:07 PM9/9/21
Well, he is robbing me.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 9, 2021, 9:17:58 PM9/9/21
Yes, that is part of the first canto. Very clear, and musical.

> £6.39 in the UK. You can read a couple of pages here:
>
> <https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X>

But $23 on the Amazon website here.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
He has no business to do that.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 9, 2021, 9:26:17 PM9/9/21
What a liar.
Just opened the link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X
and found the book to be selling at pound sterling 9.80.
Why lie when you can be so easily caught out?
Oops, hum bhee ajeeb hain, they are all Einsteinians here. Truth and lie are the same to them.
But there is such as thing as hard fact.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 9, 2021, 9:27:05 PM9/9/21
On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 04:56:58 UTC+10, PeterWD wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 05:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Arindam Banerjee
> <banerjee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> >It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> >Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
> >
> >All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
> >
> >https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
> >
> >Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
> The price increase might be an attempt to sell the book. Potential
> buyers might have seen $10 as suggesting that the book is of low
> quailty.

They have no business to do that without my permission.

spains...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2021, 2:26:13 AM9/10/21
In that case he price is being adjusted to reflect where you are viewing it from. £6.39 in the
UK, if viewed from the UK. Four specimen pages to...erm...wonder at:

<https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X>

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 5:52:00 AM9/10/21
Now this is a joke.
How can a website show different values for a data item!
If it can, then this advance if we can call it that will have catastrophic consequences.
Depending upon where you are or who you are you will be charged or priced differently.
Who wants this?

> <https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X>

Anton Shepelev

Sep 10, 2021, 6:41:32 AM9/10/21
Arindam Banerjee:

> Now this is a joke. How can a website show different val-
> ues for a data item!

Welcome to capitalism, where price a measure not of labor,
but of the greed of the seller and the gullibilty of the
buyer. The big brother spies on you. A colleague found a
pair of trousers in an internet shop while browsing at work
over coffee, and made a note to buy them. Back at home, he
opens the same page and is confronted with a higher price.
With pickled curiosity, next day he re-checks the price from
his office PC, and again it is the same lower price that he
saw during the coffee break on the previous day!

On the other hand, it is only fair that GOG should adapt its
prices to specific regions in order to reflect the different
income levels, so that in Russia their titles are consider-
ably cheaper than, say, in Japan. But I never buy games
these days, what with my old computer, my satisfaction with
MS-DOS and ZX Spectrum (Pentagon) classics, and dearness of
spare time...

/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 8:10:51 AM9/10/21
On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 20:41:32 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Arindam Banerjee:
>
> > Now this is a joke. How can a website show different val-
> > ues for a data item!
>
> Welcome to capitalism, where price a measure not of labor,
> but of the greed of the seller and the gullibilty of the
> buyer. The big brother spies on you. A colleague found a
> pair of trousers in an internet shop while browsing at work
> over coffee, and made a note to buy them. Back at home, he
> opens the same page and is confronted with a higher price.
> With pickled curiosity, next day he re-checks the price from
> his office PC, and again it is the same lower price that he
> saw during the coffee break on the previous day!

Where buyers are treated differently... this is like racism or casteism, not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all buyers.

spains...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2021, 8:47:01 AM9/10/21
On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:10:51 PM UTC+1, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 20:41:32 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> > Arindam Banerjee:
> >
> > > Now this is a joke. How can a website show different val-
> > > ues for a data item!
> >
> > Welcome to capitalism, where price a measure not of labor,
> > but of the greed of the seller and the gullibilty of the
> > buyer. The big brother spies on you. A colleague found a
> > pair of trousers in an internet shop while browsing at work
> > over coffee, and made a note to buy them. Back at home, he
> > opens the same page and is confronted with a higher price.
> > With pickled curiosity, next day he re-checks the price from
> > his office PC, and again it is the same lower price that he
> > saw during the coffee break on the previous day!
> Where buyers are treated differently... this is like racism or casteism, not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all buyers.

I don't know where you get that idea from. Simple economics
means you sell at the highest price you can achieve:

Swanky city store - high
Supermarket outlet - low.

There is a "Grey Economy" where people in the UK arrange
to buy UK goods in countries where they are sold at a
fraction of the UK price. And then ship them back to the UK
to sell them here. If your Coke can is sign-written in Arabic,
that is the Grey Economy at work.

Pamela

Sep 10, 2021, 8:59:08 AM9/10/21
On 13:10 10 Sep 2021, Arindam Banerjee said:
> On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 20:41:32 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev
> wrote:
>> Arindam Banerjee:
>> >
>> > Now this is a joke. How can a website show different val- ues for
>> > a data item!
>>
>> Welcome to capitalism, where price a measure not of labor, but of
>> the greed of the seller and the gullibilty of the buyer. The big
>> brother spies on you. A colleague found a pair of trousers in an
>> internet shop while browsing at work over coffee, and made a note
>> to buy them. Back at home, he opens the same page and is confronted
>> with a higher price. With pickled curiosity, next day he re-checks
>> the price from his office PC, and again it is the same lower price
>> that he saw during the coffee break on the previous day!
>
> Where buyers are treated differently... this is like racism or
> casteism,

Of course it isn't. Your vain appeal to "racism" tell me more about
you than anything.

> not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all
> buyers.

That's communism. Capitalism prices goods according to the market
value.

Pamela

Sep 10, 2021, 9:08:26 AM9/10/21
On 00:40 10 Sep 2021, Arindam Banerjee said:
> On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 00:01 Peter T. Daniels wrote:
I don't see any racist bigots here apart from you: an Indian with an
attitude problem. Perhaps an inferiority complex too.

> Will brighten it up, not that the dull
> sods will appreciate same. But that would be the point. I have no
> doubt that good public relations will boost readership of this book
> to record levels, now that is another story. For the time being, I
> have other priorities.
>
> Never to have anything to do with anything about business in the US,
> is the lesson for me.
>
> Cheers, Arindam Banerjee

You don't quote what you claim above is in your contract. The Amazon
small print almost certainly justifies their pricing.

If you don't mind me saying, most of your post above sounds unhinged.
Perhaps it's part of a publicity stunt to draw attention to your book.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 9:25:36 AM9/10/21
No it does not. They cannot increase their price without notifying me.

> If you don't mind me saying, most of your post above sounds unhinged.

I don't mind saying your powers of comprehension are twisted.

> Perhaps it's part of a publicity stunt to draw attention to your book.

As your powers of comprehension are twisted you have not understood my point.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 9:42:04 AM9/10/21
On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 22:47:01 UTC+10, spains...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:10:51 PM UTC+1, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> > On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 20:41:32 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> > > Arindam Banerjee:

> > > Welcome to capitalism, where price a measure not of labor,
> > > but of the greed of the seller and the gullibilty of the
> > > buyer. The big brother spies on you. A colleague found a
> > > pair of trousers in an internet shop while browsing at work
> > > over coffee, and made a note to buy them. Back at home, he
> > > opens the same page and is confronted with a higher price.
> > > With pickled curiosity, next day he re-checks the price from
> > > his office PC, and again it is the same lower price that he
> > > saw during the coffee break on the previous day!
> > Where buyers are treated differently... this is like racism or casteism, not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all buyers.
> I don't know where you get that idea from. Simple economics
> means you sell at the highest price you can achieve:

Not by discrimination or deliberate deprivation.
You cannot target products on caste or racism basis. Same price for all is the key for any business.
If a website shows different prices to different sets of people going by their geography that is discrimination.
Assuming prices are higher in Australia - as indicated by some, probably wrongly - for the same product they are robbing Australians as they are different.
In any case as per contract they cannot increase the price without informing me, but that they have done.
So they are increasing profits by raising prices as they give me nothing.
Most people should think I have been cheated so what is new.

> Swanky city store - high
> Supermarket outlet - low.
>
> There is a "Grey Economy" where people in the UK arrange
> to buy UK goods in countries where they are sold at a
> fraction of the UK price. And then ship them back to the UK
> to sell them here. If your Coke can is sign-written in Arabic,
> that is the Grey Economy at work.

Very different from the case of the same web site which shows different prices based upon the geography and could be anything else of the buyer. This way when everyone is profiled there will be different prices for every individual starting with group benefits for the privileged lots. That is feudalism with entrenched inequalities. Disgusting.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 9:43:18 AM9/10/21
On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 22:59:08 UTC+10, Pamela wrote:
> On 13:10 10 Sep 2021, Arindam Banerjee said:
> > On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 20:41:32 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev
> > wrote:
> >> Arindam Banerjee:

> >> Welcome to capitalism, where price a measure not of labor, but of
> >> the greed of the seller and the gullibilty of the buyer. The big
> >> brother spies on you. A colleague found a pair of trousers in an
> >> internet shop while browsing at work over coffee, and made a note
> >> to buy them. Back at home, he opens the same page and is confronted
> >> with a higher price. With pickled curiosity, next day he re-checks
> >> the price from his office PC, and again it is the same lower price
> >> that he saw during the coffee break on the previous day!
> >
> > Where buyers are treated differently... this is like racism or
> > casteism,
> Of course it isn't. Your vain appeal to "racism" tell me more about
> you than anything.
Racists call me racist.
> > not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all
> > buyers.
> That's communism. Capitalism prices goods according to the market
> value.
You are ignorant.

Pamela

Sep 10, 2021, 10:00:06 AM9/10/21
Can you post a link to where the Amazon contract says that. I believe
there are are least two pricing choices you can make as an author on
Amazon.

>> If you don't mind me saying, most of your post above sounds
>> unhinged.
>
> I don't mind saying your powers of comprehension are twisted.
>
>> Perhaps it's part of a publicity stunt to draw attention to your
>> book.
>
> As your powers of comprehension are twisted you have not understood
> my point.

If you honestly think Amazon has broken your contract then why are you
endlessly posting about it here and telling us how great it is rather
than taking it up with Amazon? Why would Amazon send you "Threatening
emails" from the US?

You seem to be promoting your book here. Your publicity stunt may
backfire if readers think you are posting in bad faith and write some
reviews. On the other hand, your extreme language could be flying
a false flag.

Peter T. Daniels

Sep 10, 2021, 10:49:04 AM9/10/21
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 7:40:59 PM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 00:01:51 UTC+10, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 8:12:57 AM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:

> > > I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> > You need to read your contract caerfully and see what it says about royalties.
>
> I did. They will pay me only if sales exceed a certain number.

That, as well as the sales figure at the US site, suggests it hasn't
sold enough copies.

> Most importantly, I am the one to set the price.
> I set it at around ten dollars.
> They have no business to charge more from their site.
> That they do, shows they have broken their contract.

So far, people who have checked other flavors of amazon report the
price as just about USD10. Your quarrel is with the Australian variety.

> > > It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> > > Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
> > > All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
> > > https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
> > > Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
> > > No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!
> > Can't be shipped to the US. Self-published using the amazon platform.
>
> Createspace, an Amazon subsidiary.

Does that somehow make it not an amazon platform?

> Why lie, Daniels? Some friends in US bought that online years ago at $10. One Australian friend bought it from US for the same price.
>
> > One review, 5-star, which reads as though it was written by the author.
>
> No. I did not write it.
> It has to be written by someone who paid for and bought the book using the website.

False. Occasionally a review carries the note "(Verified purchaser)."
Very occasionally. Anyone can post anything at all as a review.

> I know some friends and relatives bought the book.
> Could be, one of them.
> They have praised it highly.
> My father paid me the supreme compliment, that it reminded him of Kalidas.
> That comment, from him, makes this book easily the supreme work in all modern literature.

Only if your father is the supreme authority on the modern literature of all the world.

> Which of course it is, being a true feast for the soul, with starters, entree, main, dessert and coffee. All spiritual.
>
> It the Mona Lisa of Literature, inferior only to Sanskrit scripture.
> Supreme is the word.
> Unmatched.
> It is for changing human destiny on the most positive lines.

We certainly do like ourself.

> Not that I really mind not making profits, for this book is dedicated to the Divine, so profit is not the motive for me. God, that is the Prajapatirhishi, is not to be trifled with. I dedicate my work to the Gods and Goddesses, and leave the rest to Them. They will do what They will do. After all, this book is about Them.
>
> But I should protest against deception. Which I do, now. Thieves must be exposed.
> >
> > amazon us offers it for $9.95 and, unlike amazon au, carries sales I have no doubt that
> > information:
>
> Used to be. The site as I showed it to my Facebook friends shows it now sells for 23 dollars with 4 dollars postage.
> Why is that?
> Simple answer, they are liars and thieves. Also, greedy people whose greed has exposed them for the crooks they are.
>
> > Best Sellers Rank: #19,571,213 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
> > #104,657 in Epic Fantasy (Books)
>
> Heh heh, who believes liars and thieves and frauds who can so easily fudge the numbers!
> (They have done just that with my YouTube videos as well, showing my discoveries and inventions.)
> Anything to keep the brown Hindu super-genius down, what. Gone on for centuries. I do understand why.
> Point is they have increased the price to loot even more soundly, and that is crystal clear.
> If the book was not selling why increase the price? It must be selling really big but at the same time they are doing their best to keep the official numbers down. Make huge profits and yet give me no credit. Clever, what! Also, stupid. If they had kept the price as it was I could not make these charges.

That's been addressed by others in the thread.

> > And the same lone review and rating.
>
> One true word is enough. The book speaks for itself.
> Of course, this book is not for those who go for a hundred shades of grey, etc. so it will not be a best seller of that kind! Nevertheless there is nothing to prevent many among even such readers to pay for my book. One can be both decadent and discerning.
>
> It is a book for the ages.
> Quod scripsi, scripsi.
>
> And there is not much the put downers can do about that! I am so blessed.
>
> I have published it in instalments with extra annotations in my Facebook wall. My friends are stunned. They remain as impressed with me as ever.
> If the racist bigots annoy me here, I may unleash it upon them here in this Ng. Will brighten it up, not that the dull sods will appreciate same. But that would be the point.
> I have no doubt that good public relations will boost readership of this book to record levels, now that is another story.
> For the time being, I have other priorities.
>
> Never to have anything to do with anything about business in the US, is the lesson for me.

My goodness, you do go on at length. I repeat, the US site sells the
book for the price you set. The Australian one doesn't.

Peter T. Daniels

Sep 10, 2021, 10:53:32 AM9/10/21
You don't know that they take into account your browsing history
and location when setting a price?

Especially for an item for which they do not have to pay the wholesale
asking price to the publisher

Jerry Friedman

Sep 10, 2021, 11:40:32 AM9/10/21
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 1:28:55 PM UTC-6, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2021 19:56:57 +0100, "Peter Duncanson [BrE]"
> <ma...@peterduncanson.net> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 05:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Arindam Banerjee
> ><banerjee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> >>It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> >>Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
> >>
> >>All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
> >>
> >>https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
> >>
> >>Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
> >
> >The price increase might be an attempt to sell the book. Potential
> >buyers might have seen $10 as suggesting that the book is of low
> >quailty.
> >
> I think the increase might have been a step to increase the value of
> any books they might have on hand in order to have a larger write-off
> when they put them in the dumpster.

I'd guess something like this is printed on demand.

--
Jerry Friedman

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 6:26:13 PM9/10/21
On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 00:53:32 UTC+10, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 9:26:17 PM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> > On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 00:42:49 UTC+10, spains...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > £6.39 in the UK. You can read a couple of pages here:
> > > <https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X>
> >
> > What a liar.
> > Just opened the link
> > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X
> > and found the book to be selling at pound sterling 9.80.
> > Why lie when you can be so easily caught out?
> You don't know that they take into account your browsing history
> and location when setting a price?

No. I know that in online sales there is the same price for everyone who goes to the website.
There is discrimination if that does not happen.

> Especially for an item for which they do not have to pay the wholesale
> asking price to the publisher

Irrelevant.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 6:26:34 PM9/10/21
Yes.

> --
> Jerry Friedman

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 6:53:08 PM9/10/21
On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 00:49:04 UTC+10, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 7:40:59 PM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:

> > > You need to read your contract caerfully and see what it says about royalties.
> >
> > I did. They will pay me only if sales exceed a certain number.
> That, as well as the sales figure at the US site, suggests it hasn't
> sold enough copies.
Given the quality of the book, this is fishy. Either the numbers are wrong or there are even more sinister forces at work. Anti-Hinduism, that is rampant in the uncivilised west, is the most probable reason for near zero sales. Now, that might make sense but I am still not convinced for there is a counter culture movement. Probably the buyers are scared off as they think they could be victimised for buying this pagan book online, for then their identities would be exposed. Hmm. This makes sense.After all, unlike Egyptian and Greek gods that are safely dead, Hindu Gods and Goddesses are still very much worshipped.
Let us hope that the numbers are wrong. Then Amazon out of antiHinduism is doing its best to deprive me of fame and fortune, which would be consistent with the slavery and genocidal policies of the terrorist evangelising Americans. While making money! Nice.
> > Most importantly, I am the one to set the price.
> > I set it at around ten dollars.
> > They have no business to charge more from their site.
> > That they do, shows they have broken their contract.
> So far, people who have checked other flavors of amazon report the
> price as just about USD10. Your quarrel is with the Australian variety.
My quarrel is they have raised the price without my consent.
> > > Can't be shipped to the US. Self-published using the amazon platform.
> >
> > Createspace, an Amazon subsidiary.
> Does that somehow make it not an amazon platform?
> > Why lie, Daniels? Some friends in US bought that online years ago at $10. One Australian friend bought it from US for the same price.
> >
> > > One review, 5-star, which reads as though it was written by the author.
> >
> > No. I did not write it.
> > It has to be written by someone who paid for and bought the book using the website.
> False. Occasionally a review carries the note "(Verified purchaser)."
In this case it was. So you are lying as usual, Daniels when you hint I wrote the review.
> Very occasionally. Anyone can post anything at all as a review.
Yes, but that would not make it a verified purchaser. When you buy online you gat that status.
> > I know some friends and relatives bought the book.
> > Could be, one of them.
> > They have praised it highly.
> > My father paid me the supreme compliment, that it reminded him of Kalidas.
> > That comment, from him, makes this book easily the supreme work in all modern literature.
> Only if your father is the supreme authority on the modern literature of all the world.
Kalidas is the supreme poet in the world, immortal.
> > Which of course it is, being a true feast for the soul, with starters, entree, main, dessert and coffee. All spiritual.
> >
> > It the Mona Lisa of Literature, inferior only to Sanskrit scripture.
> > Supreme is the word.
> > Unmatched.
> > It is for changing human destiny on the most positive lines.
> We certainly do like ourself.
Absolutely, no doubt about that,especially in contrast with the piddlingtons here looking up to our toenails.
Not the entire story.
If I go to a UK site the price goes up for me and that is wrong in many ways I have explained elsewhere in this thread.
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Peter Moylan

Sep 10, 2021, 9:11:54 PM9/10/21
On 11/09/21 00:07, Pamela wrote:
> On 00:40 10 Sep 2021, Arindam Banerjee said:

>> I have published it in instalments with extra annotations in my
>> Facebook wall. My friends are stunned. They remain as impressed
>> with me as ever. If the racist bigots annoy me here, I may unleash
>> it upon them here in this Ng.
>
> I don't see any racist bigots here apart from you: an Indian with an
> attitude problem. Perhaps an inferiority complex too.

The "racist bigots" are the people in AUE who criticised his previous
work of fantasy, on the relationship between mass and energy.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 10, 2021, 9:47:57 PM9/10/21
Then we have our own homegrown backstabbing traitor-types, of low intelligence and false learning. Arrogant and presumptuous; yet vulnerable enough to make unnecessary snide comments.

spains...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2021, 5:02:07 AM9/11/21
Not so much the racism and bigotry. I think it was the mindless
genocide that pissed him off.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 5:20:06 AM9/11/21
Racism and bigotry lead to genocide.

J. J. Lodder

Sep 11, 2021, 5:24:11 AM9/11/21
Can they really do that, for less than 9 euros?

Jan

Pamela

Sep 11, 2021, 6:46:31 AM9/11/21
I missed that treat. So he's a known nutcase.

Such a pity he didn't turn out differently for someone with a
high-caste Indian surname. No doubt his family would be disappointed
by his present antics.

I wonder if the racist Mr Banerjee sees himself as superior to the
Dalits.

Peter Moylan

Sep 11, 2021, 7:49:46 AM9/11/21
On 11/09/21 21:45, Pamela wrote:
> On 01:11 11 Sep 2021, Peter Moylan said:

>>> I don't see any racist bigots here apart from you: an Indian
>>> with an attitude problem. Perhaps an inferiority complex too.
>>
>> The "racist bigots" are the people in AUE who criticised his
>> previous work of fantasy, on the relationship between mass and
>> energy.
>
> I missed that treat. So he's a known nutcase.

He is convinced that Albert Einstein got special relativity wrong. In
some circles, that's enough to be called a nutcase.

But then Einstein wasn't so smart. He, unlike Arindam, never invented a
perpetual motion machine.

> Such a pity he didn't turn out differently for someone with a
> high-caste Indian surname. No doubt his family would be
> disappointed by his present antics.
>
> I wonder if the racist Mr Banerjee sees himself as superior to the
> Dalits.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 8:45:22 AM9/11/21
Ah, the D word! A giveaway. Sock puppet alert.
Whodumbo manifests! Stalks me here as well. Sedulous, this creep. Same foul style.
For those not in the know, check out one whodat in sci.physics. He always stalks me there, gives me publicity.
I flush it regularly, but it always bobs back. Gotta say, it is tenacious, persistent.
Will keep on doing so, flushing it out of view that is, till it slides over the flat Earth it inhabits. After which there will be a mild relief, when all those like it follow suit.
And scope for great technology following my superior new physics.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 8:56:59 AM9/11/21
On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 21:49:46 UTC+10, Peter Moylan wrote:
> On 11/09/21 21:45, Pamela wrote:

> >> The "racist bigots" are the people in AUE who criticised his
> >> previous work of fantasy, on the relationship between mass and
> >> energy.
> >
> > I missed that treat. So he's a known nutcase.
> He is convinced that Albert Einstein got special relativity wrong. In
> some circles, that's enough to be called a nutcase.

Among certain academic parasites, yes.
These creatures are too lazy and corrupt to go beyond what they think is their comfort zone.
Which will not remain that cozy when they get rotten eggs thrown at them from their students as soon as they say the E word.
Which will happen sooner than they realise.

> But then Einstein wasn't so smart. He, unlike Arindam, never invented a
> perpetual motion machine.

Stupid academics do not realise that the sun and stars and our Mother Earth give out energy from nothing and thus are perpetual motion machines.
Trust these fools to ignore the obvious.
They will try to touch their noses by twisting their arms from behind their necks. Failing in that, they will devise great theories about why it is impossible to touch one's nose.
Anyway all renewable sources produce energy non destructively from nothing. See any windmill or solar panel.

Peter T. Daniels

Sep 11, 2021, 8:58:14 AM9/11/21
On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 6:26:13 PM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 00:53:32 UTC+10, Peter T. Daniels wrote:

> > > What a liar.
> > > Just opened the link
> > > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X
> > > and found the book to be selling at pound sterling 9.80.
> > > Why lie when you can be so easily caught out?
> > You don't know that they take into account your browsing history
> > and location when setting a price?
>
> No. I know that in online sales there is the same price for everyone who goes to the website.

That is simply false. I have occasionally looked at a book and seen
a good price for it, but not put it in my "cart," and gone back a few
days later to find a considerably higher price.

> There is discrimination if that does not happen.
>
> > Especially for an item for which they do not have to pay the wholesale
> > asking price to the publisher
>
> Irrelevant.

Far from irrelevant. Clearly you have no experience with selling things.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 9:13:53 AM9/11/21
On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 22:58:14 UTC+10, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 6:26:13 PM UTC-4, Arindam Banerjee wrote:

> > > You don't know that they take into account your browsing history
> > > and location when setting a price?
> >
> > No. I know that in online sales there is the same price for everyone who goes to the website.
> That is simply false. I have occasionally looked at a book and seen
> a good price for it, but not put it in my "cart," and gone back a few
> days later to find a considerably higher price.
Irrelevant for this case. No point explaining simple things to those who cannot follow the point.
For those with better wits, no point my elaborating further.
They will understand that the situation where a website publishes two different values for the same item at the SAME TIME to different people involving arbitrary bias is very different from simply changing product prices.
> > There is discrimination if that does not happen.
> >
> > > Especially for an item for which they do not have to pay the wholesale
> > > asking price to the publisher
> >
> > Irrelevant.
> Far from irrelevant. Clearly you have no experience with selling things.
Irrelevant. Daniels is a liar and a fool as well. Can't understand simple English! Makes up for his lack of intelligence with boundless presumption.

occam

Sep 11, 2021, 12:02:24 PM9/11/21

On 11/09/2021 14:56, Arindam Banerjee wrote:

> Stupid academics do not realise that the sun and stars and our Mother Earth give out energy from nothing and thus are perpetual motion machines.

Even smart nutcases like you realise that stars eventually die, right?
'Perpetual' and 'death' in the same sentence is chaiwallah logic.

Chrysi Cat

Sep 11, 2021, 12:10:05 PM9/11/21
You are absolutely insane. Dalits made the news REPEATEDLY in the US and
the UK over the past 20 years and every last non-Hindu person now
understands all of what that means.

And you Hindutva assholes are trying to convert the rest of the world,
knowing full well that you intend to assign a select few of ust to
Shudra and no one to a higher varna if you manage it.

You're more likely to be _erecting_ sock puppets than facing them when
we start throwing around those terms and trying to keep your and
Skippy's even-more-supremacist-than-the-nazis interpretation of your
religion as far the hell away from us as possible.

--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger

Pamela

Sep 11, 2021, 1:30:29 PM9/11/21
On 11:49 11 Sep 2021, Peter Moylan said:

> On 11/09/21 21:45, Pamela wrote:

>>> The "racist bigots" are the people in AUE who criticised his
>>> previous work of fantasy, on the relationship between mass and
>>> energy.
>>
>> I missed that treat. So he's a known nutcase.
>
> He is convinced that Albert Einstein got special relativity wrong. In
> some circles, that's enough to be called a nutcase.
>
> But then Einstein wasn't so smart. He, unlike Arindam, never invented a
> perpetual motion machine.

Ooooo-kay. I think I have this one now.

Tony Cooper

Sep 11, 2021, 1:45:33 PM9/11/21
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 10:10:00 -0600, Chrysi Cat <Chry...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> I wonder if the racist Mr Banerjee sees himself as superior to the
>>> Dalits.

>You are absolutely insane. Dalits made the news REPEATEDLY in the US and
>the UK over the past 20 years and every last non-Hindu person now
>understands all of what that means.

Every last but one...this one. I thought it was a typo for Daleks.

--

Tony Cooper Orlando Florida

Sam Plusnet

Sep 11, 2021, 1:54:21 PM9/11/21
On 11-Sep-21 11:49, Peter Moylan wrote:
> On 11/09/21 21:45, Pamela wrote:

>> I missed that treat. So he's a known nutcase.
>
> He is convinced that Albert Einstein got special relativity wrong. In
> some circles, that's enough to be called a nutcase.
>
> But then Einstein wasn't so smart. He, unlike Arindam, never invented a
> perpetual motion machine.

The other important aspect is the long running global conspiracy to
bolster Einstein's undeserved reputation, and to steadfastly ignore the
self-evident brilliance of...

--
Sam Plusnet
Wales, UK

bruce bowser

Sep 11, 2021, 1:55:00 PM9/11/21
Sorry, but we in the religious world can't do that. We can't reject our child hood ways just for a few passers by. Deal with it.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Sep 11, 2021, 2:41:15 PM9/11/21
When he was first promoting his perpetual motion machine that was sure
to work, the racist bigots here (including me) told him that if he
could make a working model the world would beat a path to his door and
he would become fabulously rich. It doesn't seem to have happened yet.

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

Snidely

Sep 11, 2021, 2:51:49 PM9/11/21
Tony Cooper explained :
Redemption thanks to bit of Rose's DNA, circa 2008 broadcast time.

/dps

--
"First thing in the morning, before I have coffee, I read the obits, If
I'm not in it, I'll have breakfast." -- Carl Reiner, to CBS News in

Snidely

Sep 11, 2021, 2:53:12 PM9/11/21
J. J. Lodder explained :
What's the per-sheet cost of a laser printer? Perfect binding is
cheap.

/dps

--
Ieri, oggi, domani

J. J. Lodder

Sep 11, 2021, 4:06:58 PM9/11/21
My guess is that the cost of the humans
that must be involved in doing it
must be prohibitive, [1]

Jan

[1] But printing on demand for a modest print run
should be possible.
Whatever, publishing junk like this must be wasteful.
The good old-time practice of making authors pay privately
for the first print run of dubious works saved valuable resources.
Amazon otoh promotes waste.

Anton Shepelev

Sep 11, 2021, 5:18:58 PM9/11/21
Arindam Banerjee:

> Then Amazon out of antiHinduism

Is that why they have hired so many Indians for their first-level
support? Is that why Indian scientists fruitfully work in America,
such as one Andiram Banerjee: https://arindam.cs.illinois.edu/ ?

> is doing its best to deprive me of fame and fortune,

If you consider fame and fortune as the purpose rather than a
possible, but not necessary, consequence of talent, you are not
going to have them. Viktor Hugo said about it that popularity is
fame exchaged for current coin. Lord Dunsany agrees:

THE ASSIGNATION

Fame singing in the highways, and trifling as she sang, with sordid
adventurers, passed the poet by.

And still the poet made for her little chaplets of song, to deck her
forehead in the courts of Time: and still she wore instead the
worthless garlands, that boisterous citizens flung to her in the
ways, made out of perishable things.

And after a while whenever these garlands died the poet came to her
with his chaplets of song; and still she laughed at him and wore the
worthless wreaths, though they always died at evening.

And one day in his bitterness the poet rebuked her, and said to her:
"Lovely Fame, even in the highways and the byways you have not
foreborne to laugh and shout and jest with worthless men, and I have
toiled for you and dreamed of you and you mock me and pass me by."

And Fame turned her back on him and walked away, but in departing
she looked over her shoulder and smiled at him as she had not smiled
before, and, almost speaking in a whisper, said:

"I will meet you in the graveyard at the back of the Workhouse in a
hundred years."

> which would be consistent with the slavery and genocidal policies
> of the terrorist evangelising Americans. While making money! Nice.

You must be pulling the readers' legs. How many people nowadays buy
paper books, let alone printed on demand? I have bought
print-on-demand books three times, and was always gravely
disappointed with both the phyciscal quality of the book and the
typesetting. In my opinion, print-on-demand is the worst possible
way to sell a literary work, typographical prining and electronic
format beging both preferable. I shun books with irrelevant
photographs on the cover instead of art, even it be merely an
elegant arrangement of the title and author's name. Here are the
covers of the books that I own and consider done in style:

https://cv8.litres.ru/pub/c/bumajnaya-kniga/cover_max1500/41729582-leonid-maksimovich-leonov-doroga-na-okean-41729582.jpg
https://buk-va.ru/uploads/media/book/0001/15/d45d58ce871772eeff2e2454bd89ebf09c2e595f.jpeg
http://greybooks.ru/images/detlit/38413.jpg

Photographs on the cover are very vulgar.

/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

Anton Shepelev

Sep 11, 2021, 5:33:10 PM9/11/21
Pamela to Arindam

> > not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all
> > buyers.
>
> That's communism. Capitalism prices goods according to the market
> value.

There is no money under Communism. I like William Morris' take on
it in "News from nowhere":

I think I know what you mean. You think that I have done you a
service; so you feel yourself bound to give me something which I am
not to give to a neighbour, unless he has done something special
for me. I have heard of this kind of thing; but pardon me for
saying, that it seems to us a troublesome and roundabout custom;
and we don’t know how to manage it. And you see this ferrying and
giving people casts about the water is my business, which I would
do for anybody; so to take gifts in connection with it would look
very queer. Besides, if one person gave me something, then another
might, and another, and so on; and I hope you won’t think me rude
if I say that I shouldn’t know where to stow away so many mementos
of friendship.

Jerry Friedman

Sep 11, 2021, 5:39:16 PM9/11/21
On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 2:06:58 PM UTC-6, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > J. J. Lodder explained :
> > > Jerry Friedman <jerry_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:

[Arindam's self-published fantasy novel]

> > > Can they really do that, for less than 9 euros?
> > >

> > What's the per-sheet cost of a laser printer? Perfect binding is
> > cheap.
> My guess is that the cost of the humans
> that must be involved in doing it
> must be prohibitive, [1]
>
> Jan

Here's how Amazon calculates its costs for print-on-demand books,
which it subtracts from royalties.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201834340

Arindam's book is under 108 pages, so they'd charge a flat fee
of $4.49 Australian (=1.90 euros), assuming there's no color. The
minimum list price is the printing cost / 0.6.

> [1] But printing on demand for a modest print run
> should be possible.
> Whatever, publishing junk like this must be wasteful.
> The good old-time practice of making authors pay privately
> for the first print run of dubious works saved valuable resources.

Not the way it was described in /Foucault's Pendulum/, by Eco, but
I'm pretty sure that's fiction.

--
Jerry Friedman

Anton Shepelev

Sep 11, 2021, 5:45:37 PM9/11/21
J. J. Lodder:

> Whatever, publishing junk like this must be wasteful.

Have you read engought of it to form a informed opinion?
Goodreads has no reviews, but gives it 3 stars out of 5.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 6:51:18 PM9/11/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 07:18:58 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Arindam Banerjee:
> > Then Amazon out of antiHinduism
> Is that why they have hired so many Indians for their first-level
> support? Is that why Indian scientists fruitfully work in America,
> such as one Andiram Banerjee: https://arindam.cs.illinois.edu/ ?
Slaves. Heard of slavery?

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 7:05:36 PM9/11/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 02:02:24 UTC+10, occam wrote:
> On 11/09/2021 14:56, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
>
> > Stupid academics do not realise that the sun and stars and our Mother Earth give out energy from nothing and thus are perpetual motion machines.
> Even smart nutcases like you realise that stars eventually die, right?

Imbecile bacterium, I have written about the stars in my book "On Novas and Supernovas" in the newsgroup sci.physics last year. Along with "The cause of gravity" which unifies all the forces.
They should be beyond you, but my Indian colleagues have understood the new insights.

> 'Perpetual' and 'death' in the same sentence is chaiwallah logic.

Fool, our Sun has been around for many billions of years and will be around for billions of years. When it will lose its Hydrogen atmosphere it will be what is now called dark matter, or neutron star, or black hole. Then it will remain like that for billions of years until it regains its hydrogen atmosphere by entering a nebula.

These are very new ideas. They will be dominant after my new physics is accepted.

In brief, energy is always getting created and destroyed in our infinite universe.

My real problem is not with the awesome bungler Einstein and his cohorts. It is with Helmholtz. Amazing, how thoroughly bad German philosophers have been. Now, that is the point to ponder.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 7:59:09 PM9/11/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 09:05:36 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 02:02:24 UTC+10, occam wrote:
> > On 11/09/2021 14:56, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> >
> > > Stupid academics do not realise that the sun and stars and our Mother Earth give out energy from nothing and thus are perpetual motion machines.
> > Even smart nutcases like you realise that stars eventually die, right?
> Imbecile bacterium, I have written about the stars in my book "On Novas and Supernovas" in the newsgroup sci.physics last year. Along with "The cause of gravity" which unifies all the forces.
> They should be beyond you, but my Indian colleagues have understood the new insights.
> > 'Perpetual' and 'death' in the same sentence is chaiwallah logic.
> Fool, our Sun has been around for many billions of years and will be around for billions of years. When it will lose its Hydrogen atmosphere it will be what is now called dark matter, or neutron star, or black hole. Then it will remain like that for billions of years until it regains its hydrogen atmosphere by entering a nebula.
>
> These are very new ideas. They will be dominant after my new physics is accepted.
>
> In brief, energy is always getting created and destroyed in our infinite universe.

Which being infinite, can have neither beginning nor end.

The practicality of radio waves was discovered by Shri Jagadish Chandra Bose, who made the world's first radio transmission.

Since all waves require a medium, radio waves need a medium.
That medium is aether, an infinitely fine fine solid of infinite elasticity through which all matter passes without obstruction.

The aether thus is immediately identified with the Hindu scriptural word, aum.

Bose's discovery thus validated Hindu or rather Sanatan Dharma, with science.

This I suppose upset the Western Jews and Christians who have an entirely different world view relating to creation and destruction under one god.

All the e=mcc=hv stuff has a theological purpose, to out the reality of aether.

Sam Plusnet

Sep 11, 2021, 8:16:32 PM9/11/21
On 11-Sep-21 21:06, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> J. J. Lodder explained :

>>> Can they really do that, for less than 9 euros?
>>>

>> What's the per-sheet cost of a laser printer? Perfect binding is
>> cheap.
>
> My guess is that the cost of the humans
> that must be involved in doing it
> must be prohibitive, [1]
>
> Jan
>
> [1] But printing on demand for a modest print run
> should be possible.

In a 'print on demand' set up, the unit cost when printing one copy or
several should not change.
The customer address label(s) could be printed at the same time to aid
the delivery process.

Peter Moylan

Sep 11, 2021, 8:35:43 PM9/11/21
Exterminate!

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 11:09:36 PM9/11/21
The French philosopher Amauri de Riencourt has pondered about this matter , in his book "Soul of India". My take is that he considered the Germans to be overly ebullient as they were barbarians quite recently. Their introduction to the joys of Christian civilisation overpowered them. Out of gratitude they overly extolled the foundations of their newly acquired civilisation, with the zeal of new converts.

> > Cheers,
> > Arindam Banerjee

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 11, 2021, 11:56:22 PM9/11/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 08:51:18 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 07:18:58 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> > Arindam Banerjee:
> > > Then Amazon out of antiHinduism
> > Is that why they have hired so many Indians for their first-level
> > support? Is that why Indian scientists fruitfully work in America,
> > such as one Andiram Banerjee: https://arindam.cs.illinois.edu/ ?
> Slaves. Heard of slavery?
> > > is doing its best to deprive me of fame and fortune,
> > If you consider fame and fortune as the purpose rather than a
> > possible, but not necessary, consequence of talent, you are not
> > going to have them. Viktor Hugo said about it that popularity is
> > fame exchaged for current coin. Lord Dunsany agrees:

But Amazon and Co. think that talent creates fame and fortune. Like most, who pay to see footy matches.
So, like Ms Rowling, say, one who has fame and fortune conferred by the masses, must have talent.
And those who have neither have no talent.

So the point is what do they want, the Amazonian movers and shakers.
The obvious answer is inertia. May the happy times, for the powers that be, roll on.
Aborting talent anyhow from any perceived competition suits them.

Well, I dedicate all my deeds to God, Catholic fashion. Just that God for me are my dear Goddesses Kali and Saraswati, principally. I am on good terms with all that is Divine.

God will do what God will do. I am old enough to wonder about the ways of God.

> > THE ASSIGNATION

Bad writing below.

> > Fame singing in the highways, and trifling as she sang, with sordid
> > adventurers, passed the poet by.

Poets sing, fame crushes, being rocks hurled by fortune.

> > And still the poet made for her little chaplets of song, to deck her
> > forehead in the courts of Time: and still she wore instead the
> > worthless garlands, that boisterous citizens flung to her in the
> > ways, made out of perishable things.

The poet makes things entirely for his own satisfaction. A good poem is as satisfying as a good shit, for the poet. No, less satisfying.

> > And after a while whenever these garlands died the poet came to her
> > with his chaplets of song; and still she laughed at him and wore the
> > worthless wreaths, though they always died at evening.
> >
> > And one day in his bitterness the poet rebuked her, and said to her:
> > "Lovely Fame, even in the highways and the byways you have not
> > foreborne to laugh and shout and jest with worthless men, and I have
> > toiled for you and dreamed of you and you mock me and pass me by."
> >
> > And Fame turned her back on him and walked away, but in departing
> > she looked over her shoulder and smiled at him as she had not smiled
> > before, and, almost speaking in a whisper, said:
> >
> > "I will meet you in the graveyard at the back of the Workhouse in a
> > hundred years."
> > > which would be consistent with the slavery and genocidal policies
> > > of the terrorist evangelising Americans. While making money! Nice.

> > You must be pulling the readers' legs. How many people nowadays buy
> > paper books, let alone printed on demand?

Very many, going by reports about Fifty Shades of Grey.

>> I have bought
> > print-on-demand books three times, and was always gravely
> > disappointed with both the phyciscal quality of the book and the
> > typesetting. In my opinion, print-on-demand is the worst possible
> > way to sell a literary work, typographical prining and electronic
> > format beging both preferable. I shun books with irrelevant
> > photographs on the cover instead of art, even it be merely an
> > elegant arrangement of the title and author's name. Here are the
> > covers of the books that I own and consider done in style:
> >
> > https://cv8.litres.ru/pub/c/bumajnaya-kniga/cover_max1500/41729582-leonid-maksimovich-leonov-doroga-na-okean-41729582.jpg
> > https://buk-va.ru/uploads/media/book/0001/15/d45d58ce871772eeff2e2454bd89ebf09c2e595f.jpeg
> > http://greybooks.ru/images/detlit/38413.jpg
> >
> > Photographs on the cover are very vulgar.

I trust you are not referring to the cover on my book.
Don't bother to buy it from Amazon. You can read it with my annotations at my Facebook wall, in the period 2019.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 12:10:26 AM9/12/21
Ah, the Bow-wow chappie is back!
Goodie.

I have had other priorities, Bow-Wow chappie.
All in due course, about theIFE.

And I do not mind getting ignored. Suits me, the dream life I live now.
Point is, when you can live within your means, then, you are a king. And I do just that.
No snob values helps fabulously.
Like great health of self and loved ones - most important that. My daily potion works.

No bosses, no worries, financial independence, life is magical in wonderful Australia where all things are available.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 12:49:01 AM9/12/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 13:56:22 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 08:51:18 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> > On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 07:18:58 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> > > Arindam Banerjee:
> > > Is that why they have hired so many Indians for their first-level
> > > support? Is that why Indian scientists fruitfully work in America,
> > > such as one Andiram Banerjee: https://arindam.cs.illinois.edu/ ?
> > Slaves. Heard of slavery?
> > > If you consider fame and fortune as the purpose rather than a
> > > possible, but not necessary, consequence of talent, you are not
> > > going to have them. Viktor Hugo said about it that popularity is
> > > fame exchaged for current coin. Lord Dunsany agrees:
> But Amazon and Co. think that talent creates fame and fortune. Like most, who pay to see footy matches.
> So, like Ms Rowling, say, one who has fame and fortune conferred by the masses, must have talent.
> And those who have neither have no talent.
>
> So the point is what do they want, the Amazonian movers and shakers.
> The obvious answer is inertia. May the happy times, for the powers that be, roll on.
> Aborting talent anyhow from any perceived competition suits them.
>
> Well, I dedicate all my deeds to God, Catholic fashion. Just that God for me are my dear Goddesses Kali and Saraswati, principally. I am on good terms with all that is Divine.
>
> God will do what God will do. I am old enough to wonder about the ways of God.
To revise the last line, I am old enough to be in awed wonderment about the ways of God, the Prajapatirhishi if the Vedas.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 1:44:55 AM9/12/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 07:39:16 UTC+10, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 2:06:58 PM UTC-6, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> > Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > J. J. Lodder explained :
> [Arindam's self-published fantasy novel]

It is a retelling of the most ancient tales in the world, from the Puranas, about the Devas and the Asuras.
it is mythology at its best, modernised and expressed in the English language.
Pity that I do not have the ability to translate it into Hindi and Bengali.

Strange, that I have easily translated Shakespeare, Shelley, Browning... but fail to translate my own work in English!
To my satisfaction, that is.

From the Amazon website about this book:

Very old tales relating to Indian mythology are narrated in this book. The popularity of these tales, that have lasted for many centuries, and will never be forgotten, is certainly time-tested! They can be read as racy fantasy fiction with appeal for everyone; or as the most thought-provoking epic stories showing up the universal truths searched for by men over ages. The author has carefully reconstructed the diverse versions of the ancient tales with his research efforts over the last 15 years. He seeks to present what they meant to Indians two or three thousand years ago. They are now clearly and concisely integrated with inspired insight, and presented in an attractive, highly readable style with modern flourishes. These classic stories deal with valour, romance, mystery, magic, duty; by reading them we may find out how much they have shaped our minds about the deepest moral issues over thousands of years, spanning national boundaries. The eternal conflicts between the principled Gods and the opportunistic Demons form the main interest. In this book, they effectively come out of our minds and take shapes and desires of their own! The demon-hero Andhak, is the protagonist in the main story. Born blind and ugly, out of his mother's impulse and father's pain, he is discarded by them for adoption by Hiranyaksh, the demon-king. Andhak is horribly treated by his cousins after his adoptive father's death in battle against the Gods. With great effort he overcomes his limitations, and fights the Gods, seeking vengeance...

An excerpt follows:

Hiranyaksh, the Asura king, was doing severe penances to propitiate Shiva. Such was his prayer: “O Shiva, greatest of Devas, do hear my prayer and grant me this boon! I have no wish for immortality; I do not wish to be any Deva, eternally bound to principles and ideals. I am happy to be just what I am: an Asura, a demon driven by passion and ego, delighting in opulence and fame and revelries. By Your grace, I already possess vast might, large armies, incredible wealth – so much that we are now about to challenge the Devas. “O Shiva, there is no one higher among us Asuras to pray to, than myself. Only to You, the very greatest Deva, the most principled, indeed the very best among Them, most certainly the most powerful – only to You can I pray, for You are the most superior among all entities. From You I beseech a boon. “Shiva, do cast Your favourable eye upon me. Be kind to me. You know that although I am an Asura I am still accessible to Your grace. Forget the squabbles we have to have with the lesser Devas. Those selfish and uncaring hypocrites, aloof and joyless; those moral snobs, pursuing cold and lonely habits; are a natural affront to our senses of equality and gregarious living. They deserve chastisement from time to time. “O Shiva, we Asuras are nothing without passion. Most passionately, I want a son. My brother Hiranyakshap, he has four strong sons. I don’t want any of them to inherit my kingdom. I want my own son to rule the Asuras. Of all the Asuras, he must be the bravest and the strongest – he must dominate all. All must be in fear and awe of him. “Shiva, give me such a son.”

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee, author of "The Son of Hiranyaksh"

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 1:49:47 AM9/12/21
Amazon has changed the price of my book to $2.50 in the link below, for a used copy. New one is at the price of about US $10.
They seem quite active!

About my reason for writing this book, also from the link
https://www.amazon.com/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-valour-demons/dp/147528599X
About the Author
Arindam Banerjee was born in 1956 in Jamshedpur, India. His childhood was shaped and enriched by his grandparents, from whom he first imbibed the gripping adventures and romance of Hindu myths and legends. After completing a Bachelor’s (Hons.) degree from IIT Kharagpur, Arindam started his professional career in radiation engineering, and computer science. He served for 12 years in Bharat Electronics, India’s largest electronics company. During this time he completed his Master’s degree from IIT Delhi. His paper “A New Method for Partial Match Retrieval” published in 1987 in USA anticipated modern Internet search engines. Emigrating to Australia, he worked for 17 years in Telstra, in various research and development departments. Arindam has always had diverse interests – in both the sciences and the arts. Since his boyhood he has been something of a backyard inventor. After discovering a new formula relating matter and energy, which when verified with experiment will revolutionise Physics, he conceived the idea of the “Internal Force Engine”, which will be capable of providing unlimited acceleration, and take us to the stars! That sounds like fantasy, but he also has his feet firmly on the ground, as any professional engineer should. He has got a patent for a Hydrogen Transmission Network, which will provide clean energy for all on a constant, reliable basis everywhere using the lossless piping of hydrogen generated from all sorts of renewable and non-renewable energy sources, irrespective of distances. With cheaper energy from renewable sources, there will be increasingly less need for fossil fuels in the world and ultimately no more pollution in the world which Arindam envisions. He has tried, in both India and Australia, for government grants for his project, which would help people in under-developed countries enormously, but to no avail. Hence this book is being written and published – to raise money so that Arindam can build prototypes of his inventions. The stories of legendary heroes, now retold in his poetic prose, have always inspired and exhilarated Arindam; he hopes his readers will share his enthusiasm. Arindam is a voracious reader and takes part in amateur dramatics. He has been married for over thirty years and has two grown up daughters. He lives in Melbourne with his wife and dog, both of whom provide him with light hearted encouragement and help to make him laugh when he becomes too serious about the troubles of the world.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Sep 12, 2021, 3:13:29 AM9/12/21
A few years ago I was delighted to see that "An essay on combustion:
with a view to a new art of dying and painting. Wherein the phlogistic
and antiphlogistic hypotheses are proven erroneous" by Mrs. Fulhame was
again available after being out of print for 200 years. I don't
remember how much I paid for a paperback, but it was similar to the
price of £15.99 asked today for a different edition (different front
cover, anyway) at amazon.co.uk. That of course allows for profit, so
the production cost is certainly lower. I don't find 9€ too low for a
more popular book than Mrs. Fulhame's, but I suspect that Arindam's
book is not much more popular than hers.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Sep 12, 2021, 3:16:13 AM9/12/21
Yes, but the section on vanity publishing is one of the best things in
the book, and I found it very realistic.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 3:31:58 AM9/12/21
I am perfectly sure that my book will not be popular with the racist bigots; and yes, I know as I knew even then, when I self-published, there are so many of them!
But I did expect some sales from the counter-culture, which is supposed to be at least 2% of the English-speaking populations.
So out of say potential 50 million buyers, 1 million could buy my book.
Out of 1 million, there should be 1000 sales, or so I thought. Which would net me some $4000.
That it apparently has not (or else, Amazon swallowed the money from all the sales, there have been at least 6 online) indicates there is no real counter-culture - what passes for it is a fake. The counter-culturists are just confused disgruntled failures, covert wannabes or hypocrites.
This is plausible.
As to future sales, we shall see. Maybe in my own lifetime I can see them soar. After 10000 years there will still be sales, hopefully in all other languages of the worlds.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Peter Moylan

Sep 12, 2021, 4:41:23 AM9/12/21
On 12/09/21 18:13, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

> A few years ago I was delighted to see that "An essay on combustion:
> with a view to a new art of dying and painting. Wherein the
> phlogistic and antiphlogistic hypotheses are proven erroneous" by
> Mrs. Fulhame was again available after being out of print for 200
> years. I don't remember how much I paid for a paperback, but it was
> similar to the price of £15.99 asked today for a different edition
> (different front cover, anyway) at amazon.co.uk. That of course
> allows for profit, so the production cost is certainly lower. I don't
> find 9€ too low for a more popular book than Mrs. Fulhame's, but I
> suspect that Arindam's book is not much more popular than hers.

I'm disappointed to hear that you can't dye with phlogiston. I've always
wanted to know the colour of phlogiston.

Richard Heathfield

Sep 12, 2021, 4:50:47 AM9/12/21
Phlogiston in gaseous form is without colour. For technical reasons,
liquid phlogiston is negative blue.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 5:16:26 AM9/12/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 07:33:10 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Pamela to Arindam
>
> > > not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all
> > > buyers.
> >
> > That's communism. Capitalism prices goods according to the market
> > value.

Quoting myself from a post a while ago about capitalism
*********
> Socialism, under false promises of better living, essentially takes ownership of the individual...and yes, becomes essentially a form of slavery.

No, socialism saves from the wage slavery and other ignominies of capitalism.
Capitalism is the way of the selfish-greedy all-gobbling all-polluting cannibal
swine, that must grow in order to exist. When this beast cannot grow any more,
this beast it bursts, and out of its remains are born little such beasts which
feed upon the carcass; then feed upon each other and whatever it can feed
off the hapless world.

********

> There is no money under Communism. I like William Morris' take on
> it in "News from nowhere":
Again, quoting myself from that same post
********
The main attraction of socialism is that it provides decent jobs to worthy
people who thus can maintain a dignified standard of living, without suffering
the constant humiliations and evils of capitalism.
********

> I think I know what you mean. You think that I have done you a
> service; so you feel yourself bound to give me something which I am
> not to give to a neighbour, unless he has done something special
> for me. I have heard of this kind of thing; but pardon me for
> saying, that it seems to us a troublesome and roundabout custom;
> and we don’t know how to manage it. And you see this ferrying and
> giving people casts about the water is my business, which I would
> do for anybody; so to take gifts in connection with it would look
> very queer. Besides, if one person gave me something, then another
> might, and another, and so on; and I hope you won’t think me rude
> if I say that I shouldn’t know where to stow away so many mementos
> of friendship.

Irrelevant gibberish.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 5:39:02 AM9/12/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 02:10:05 UTC+10, Chrysi Cat wrote:
> On 9/11/2021 6:45 AM, Arindam Banerjee wrote:

> >> I missed that treat. So he's a known nutcase.
> >>
> >> Such a pity he didn't turn out differently for someone with a
> >> high-caste Indian surname. No doubt his family would be disappointed
> >> by his present antics.
> >>
> >> I wonder if the racist Mr Banerjee sees himself as superior to the
> >> Dalits.
> >
> > Ah, the D word! A giveaway. Sock puppet alert.
> > Whodumbo manifests! Stalks me here as well. Sedulous, this creep. Same foul style.
> > For those not in the know, check out one whodat in sci.physics. He always stalks me there, gives me publicity.
> > I flush it regularly, but it always bobs back. Gotta say, it is tenacious, persistent.
> > Will keep on doing so, flushing it out of view that is, till it slides over the flat Earth it inhabits. After which there will be a mild relief, when all those like it follow suit.
> > And scope for great technology following my superior new physics.
> >
> You are absolutely insane. Dalits made the news REPEATEDLY in the US and
> the UK over the past 20 years and every last non-Hindu person now
> understands all of what that means.
>
> And you Hindutva assholes are trying to convert the rest of the world,
> knowing full well that you intend to assign a select few of ust to
> Shudra and no one to a higher varna if you manage it.
>
> You're more likely to be _erecting_ sock puppets than facing them when
> we start throwing around those terms and trying to keep your and
> Skippy's even-more-supremacist-than-the-nazis interpretation of your
> religion as far the hell away from us as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1o1l0XV-5g
Some things don't change.

> --
> Chrysi Cat
> 1/2 anthrocat, nearly 1/2 anthrofox, all magical
> Transgoddess, quick to anger
> Call me Chrysi or call me Kat, I'll respond to either!

J. J. Lodder

Sep 12, 2021, 6:09:45 AM9/12/21
A.B is available on Amazon, Mrs. Fulhame is not,

Jan

J. J. Lodder

Sep 12, 2021, 6:09:46 AM9/12/21
Anton Shepelev <antof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> J. J. Lodder:
>
> > Whatever, publishing junk like this must be wasteful.
>
> Have you read engought of it to form a informed opinion?
> Goodreads has no reviews, but gives it 3 stars out of 5.

Knowing that it was written by the greatest author of all time,
greater than Shakespeare and all the others combined
should be enough,

Jan

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Sep 12, 2021, 6:16:52 AM9/12/21
Yes she is, both at amazon.com and at amazon.co.uk

Janet

Sep 12, 2021, 6:49:13 AM9/12/21
[This followup was posted to alt.usage.english and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <shkf13$vjt$1...@dont-email.me>, r...@cpax.org.uk says...

> On 12/09/2021 08:41, Peter Moylan wrote:
> > On 12/09/21 18:13, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> >
> >> A few years ago I was delighted to see that "An essay on combustion:
> >>  with a view to a new art of dying and painting. Wherein the
> >> phlogistic and antiphlogistic hypotheses are proven erroneous" by
> >> Mrs. Fulhame was again available after being out of print for 200
> >> years. I don't remember how much I paid for a paperback, but it was
> >> similar to the price of £15.99 asked today for a different edition
> >> (different front cover, anyway) at amazon.co.uk. That of course
> >> allows for profit, so the production cost is certainly lower. I don't
> >> find 9€ too low for a more popular book than Mrs. Fulhame's, but I
> >> suspect that Arindam's book is not much more popular than hers.
> >
> > I'm disappointed to hear that you can't dye with phlogiston. I've always
> > wanted to know the colour of phlogiston.
>
> Phlogiston in gaseous form is without colour. For technical reasons,
> liquid phlogiston is negative blue.

If you could dye stuff with phlogisten to make it completely see-
through, imagine the money to be made from invisibility cloaks.
Ideal wear for usenet trolls, secret lovers, shoplifters...fat
people on beaches..

Janet

J. J. Lodder

Sep 12, 2021, 7:47:17 AM9/12/21
It is the essential metallic.
It is the abundant presence of phlogiston in metals
that gives them their metal-like appearance,

Jan

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 9:02:55 AM9/12/21
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 20:09:46 UTC+10, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Anton Shepelev <antof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > J. J. Lodder:
> >
> > > Whatever, publishing junk like this must be wasteful.
> >
> > Have you read engought of it to form a informed opinion?
> > Goodreads has no reviews, but gives it 3 stars out of 5.

I am not surprised.
There is such a thing as suppression by faint praise.
The masters of deception know this too well.

> Knowing that it was written by the greatest author of all time,
> greater than Shakespeare and all the others combined
> should be enough,

yes, yes.

> Jan

Anton Shepelev

Sep 12, 2021, 5:01:30 PM9/12/21
Arindam Banerjee:

> My real problem is not with the awesome bungler Einstein and his
> cohorts. It is with Helmholtz.

You affect a agreat knowledge of physics and cosmology, but have
not demostrated understanding of even simple phenomena. Can you
exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to accumulate at
the top of a heated room?

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 12, 2021, 6:08:01 PM9/12/21
On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 07:01:30 UTC+10, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Arindam Banerjee:
> > My real problem is not with the awesome bungler Einstein and his
> > cohorts. It is with Helmholtz.
> You affect a agreat knowledge of physics and cosmology, but have
> not demostrated understanding of even simple phenomena.

I do not affect great knowledge. I present new knowledge from my new insights. I am a great genius, not a great scholar. Scholarship is about geniuses, genius is not about scholarship.

Can you
> exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to accumulate at
> the top of a heated room?

As soon as someone points out any flaw in my genius insights, or has the decency to acknowledge same.
Why should I waste my time upon surly fools? Except for my amusement, that us.

Richard Heathfield

Sep 13, 2021, 2:23:08 AM9/13/21
On 12/09/2021 22:01, Anton Shepelev wrote:

<snip>

> Can you
> exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to accumulate at
> the top of a heated room?

Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high bookshelf: it's
warmer up there.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 13, 2021, 2:39:49 AM9/13/21
Saw a cartoon, of a cat on a TV in 1990 and the same sort of cat on a TV in 2020.
Things are uncomfortable for the cat in 2020.

J. J. Lodder

Sep 13, 2021, 4:47:21 AM9/13/21
Anton Shepelev <antof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Arindam Banerjee:
>
> > My real problem is not with the awesome bungler Einstein and his
> > cohorts. It is with Helmholtz.
>
> You affect a agreat knowledge of physics and cosmology, but have
> not demostrated understanding of even simple phenomena. Can you
> exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to accumulate at
> the top of a heated room?

You have not been paying attention.
Our Arindam here can do much better:
he can explain that the center of the earth
must be at zero pressure and at a temperature near absolute zero,
in order to be superconductive.

(reallyy, I'm not inventing it)

Jan

Madhu

Sep 13, 2021, 4:49:13 AM9/13/21
* Anton Shepelev <20210910134127.f998dbfd122cab42ca75b358@g{oogle}mail.com> :
Wrote on Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:41:27 +0300:

> On the other hand, it is only fair that GOG should adapt its

of gog and magog? prince of rosh, meschech and tubal?

> prices to specific regions in order to reflect the different
> income levels, so that in Russia their titles are consider-
> ably cheaper than, say, in Japan. But I never buy games
> these days, what with my old computer, my satisfaction with
> MS-DOS and ZX Spectrum (Pentagon) classics, and dearness of
> spare time...

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 13, 2021, 4:56:06 AM9/13/21
And so, produce the steady magnetic field we have.

A steady current produces a steady magnetic field.
Superconducting situation happens from low temperatures.
So the centre of the Earth has to be very cold.
There are thousands of kilometers of insulating rocky matter between the hot magma layers and the core.
They keep the core cold.
Whatever heat goes through gets converted to electricity.

Ditto for the sun and stars.

These are physics issues, dealt with in sci.physics in detail last year in instalments forming the books
"The cause of gravity"
and
"On Novas and Supernovas"

> (reallyy, I'm not inventing it)

The world of the future will wonder at the weird bunkum physics of our time.

All the bad stuff, starting with Helmholtz, are to be binned following the acceptance of

Introduction to "A New Look Towards the Principles of Motion"
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/1wmee5C8mFs/kJMPdnFkAwAJ

Section 1
Linear Motion, Momentum, Force, Energy, Internal Force Engines, and the design of Interstellar Spacecraft
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/GbpQC3a2d1Q/jSXQeb9kAwAJ

Section 1 (contd.)
Linear Motion, Momentum, Force, Energy, Internal Force Engines, and the design of Interstellar Spacecraft
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/P9ZiinIDhHU/ZtMQVyliBQAJ

Section 2
The Creation and Destruction of Energy
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/wY6_9V8ucSY/3nnJQk9iBQAJ

Section 3
The Structure of Heavenly Bodies
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/8jH-SQIFFDo/O1jn3HpiBQAJ

Section 4
The Nature of Explosion
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/7TkOVZigFHg/uv43_aZiBQAJ

Section 5
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/jhgcsTq-NrQ/ZBwG8S9jBQAJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBfwAClVlg
IFE - 1 Ground Experiments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eGq4Oiv9s
IFE - 2 Experimental setups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3hC48BMrno
IFE - 3 Pendulum experiments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sSPxGsLkws
IFE - 4 Evolution of spaceship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJdM6UDPauU
IFE - 5 Hydrogen Transmission Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUAcx7rAplc
IFE - 6 Spaceship Design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Zbpvc3fdA
IFE - 7 Anti-Gravity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA9LUwqMhxY
IFE - 8 New Physics

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

> Jan

Pamela

Sep 13, 2021, 7:11:22 AM9/13/21
On 22:33 11 Sep 2021, Anton Shepelev said:
> Pamela to Arindam
>> >
>> > not capitalism as was once known where prices were same for all
>> > buyers.
>>
>> That's communism. Capitalism prices goods according to the market
>> value.
>
> There is no money under Communism. I like William Morris' take on
> it in "News from nowhere":

> I think I know what you mean. You think that I have done you a
> service; so you feel yourself bound to give me something which I am
> not to give to a neighbour, unless he has done something special for
> me. I have heard of this kind of thing; but pardon me for saying,
> that it seems to us a troublesome and roundabout custom; and we
> don’t know how to manage it. And you see this ferrying and giving
> people casts about the water is my business, which I would do for
> anybody; so to take gifts in connection with it would look very
> queer. Besides, if one person gave me something, then another
> might, and another, and so on; and I hope you won’t think me rude
> if I say that I shouldn’t know where to stow away so many mementos
> of friendship.

Yes, very idealistic! :)

J. J. Lodder

Sep 13, 2021, 10:50:03 AM9/13/21
Athel Cornish-Bowden <acor...@imm.cnrs.fr> wrote:

> On 2021-09-12 10:09:41 +0000, J. J. Lodder said:
>
> > Athel Cornish-Bowden <acor...@imm.cnrs.fr> wrote:
[-]
> >> A few years ago I was delighted to see that "An essay on combustion:
> >> with a view to a new art of dying and painting. Wherein the phlogistic
> >> and antiphlogistic hypotheses are proven erroneous" by Mrs. Fulhame was
> >> again available after being out of print for 200 years. I don't
> >> remember how much I paid for a paperback, but it was similar to the
> >> price of £15.99 asked today for a different edition (different front
> >> cover, anyway) at amazon.co.uk. That of course allows for profit, so
> >> the production cost is certainly lower. I don't find 9€ too low for a
> >> more popular book than Mrs. Fulhame's, but I suspect that Arindam's
> >> book is not much more popular than hers.
> >
> > A.B is available on Amazon, Mrs. Fulhame is not,
>
> Yes she is, both at amazon.com and at amazon.co.uk

Well, she is actually, but this Amazon thinks that she is of
unesteemable value, in other words, priceless,

Jan

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 16, 2021, 1:10:15 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, 9 September 2021 at 22:12:57 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
>
> All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
>
> https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
>
> Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
>
> No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!
>
> Cheers,
> Arindam Banerjee, multi-trillionaire++ at heart if not money

********************

Unlimited power generation from deuterium fissioning

The article below proposes that the so-called "cold fusion" was actually deuterium fissioning. If indeed this is true, then the engineering possiblities for unlimited power generation using this phenomenon open up.

Deuterium fissions when high energy electrons (beta rays) strike or come near the deuterium nucleus. The electron holding the two protons snap the bond, releasing two protons at very close range causing enormous force, acceleration, velocity and kinetic energy. This ultimately leads to heat energy from collisions with stationary matter. Usually a nuclear explosion causes this fissioning.

However, the conditions for deuterium fissioning can be done in the laboratory. What is needed is to pass very high energy electrons (even more powerful than beta rays) through matter containing deuterium. It is not possible to use gamma rays; but it is expected that its lack will be compensated by very strongly accelerated electrons.

Doing that is not difficult. A space charge of electrons can be formed by thermionic emission. Then a very high voltage creating a very strong electric field, could be applied to drive the electrons between the electrodes at very high speeds.

Through these electrodes heavy water is passed at high pressure. The electrons hit the deuterium nuclei present there, causing enormous heat which immediately boils the water into superheated steam. This steam can now drive turbines for electricity generation.

Naturally at a power plant there will be many such electrodes, to create energy by a parallel multiplicative process.

This will be the cleanest way to produce unlimited energy, beating even solar power. Maybe the time for this technology will come after a few decades, hopefully earlier. With surplus power converted to hydrogen via electrolysis the need for all fossil fuel should end, with the creation of the Hydrogen Transmission Network. Details for which are at
htnresearch.com

___________________________________

"Cold fusion", an apparently observed exothermic phenomenon is very probably deuterium fission

It is a fact well-known that deuterium (hydrogen nucleus has an extra neutron which can be seen as a neutrally charged proton-electron mass) occurs plentifully in sea-water, naturally. Thus, ever since the forties, efforts have been made to use this deuterium to provide unlimited energy. The reason for this lies in the success of the hydrogen bomb. The extraordinary power there came first from the fission of an atomic bomb which created the temperatures necessary to cause what was supposed to be fusion. Why was it supposed to be fusion? The answer lies in the textbook "nuclear engineering" by Irving Kaplan of MIT (Add. Wes. 1977). On page 668 we have

*****
Atomic mass of 4 hydrogen atoms = 4.13258 amu
Atomic mass of 1 helium atom = 4.00387 amu
Difference in mass = 0.02871 amu
= 26.7 MeV
= 42.7 x 10^-6 et

*****
To put it in words, when as a result of intense temperature (as in the atom bomb or at the core of the Sun due to intense pressure of gravity) four hydrogen atoms merge to form a helium atom. This process involves loss in mass as shown. From the law of conservation of mass and energy which mathematically shows that mass and energy are interchangeable concepts, from e=mcc, that mass is energy released when destroyed as what must happen when four hydrogen atoms turn into one helium atom. This was taken as gospel truth by all the scientists who have for decades tried to create the temperatures required to turn hydrogen into helium in the lab. They have failed so far, despite billions of dollars spent and over 70 years of work.

They have failed so far with "hot fusion" following the solar model. Which incidentally has to be false, for he core of the Sun or any large body like the Earth has to be very cold, if there is a magnetic field around them. But this is another story.

Now in the 80s a phenomenon called "cold fusion" was announced by Fleishman and Pons. These were serious researchers whose work created tremendous attention. However these days one does not hear about them. I wonder why. A senior physicist I knew said that they were honest and diligent people, but they did not get the credit they deserved for their discovery. Most likely such was so as their work did not satisfy the "hot fusion" researchers who failed to see how on Earth repelling protons could fuse together in normal lab conditions.

In the below article, I have shown how a 1 Megaton TNT hydrogen bomb explosion can be explained not by employing the law of conservation of mass and energy, but by pure and simple electrostatic repulsion of protons, that caused by breaking the nuclear bonding of the deuterium nucleus seen as two protons held by a single electron. The analysis shows how it is unnecessary to implement the law of conservation of mass and energy in the explanation for the hydrogen bomb phenomenon.

To turn to cold fusion, now. If indeed there is no fusion of hydrogen to helium, simple disintegration of the deuterium nucleus instead, then such a phenomenon need not be dependent purely on a preceding nuclear blast causing beta and gamma rays. The disintegration of deuterium to form heat could well be done in the lab under certain phenomenon. That is most probably what happened in the experiments of Fleishman and Pons, but as fusion was mentioned, no one thought of deuterium fission. Till your present writer.

______________________________

Analysis of the hydrogen bomb mathematically using internal forces instead of binding energies involving e=mcc

The hydrogen bomb is supposedly the most powerful illustration of e=mcc, as the binding energies are involved somehow in fusing hydrogen and deuterium nuciei into helium.

Let us suppose that is not true, holding e=mcc to be false to begin with.

Further, let us hold that the deuterium nuclei is two protons held together by one electron which acts as a superglue joining two positive charges just about strong enough to make it NOT fly away when the nucleus is hit with a high energy electron along with gamma ray involving strong vibration - the latter typically caused by the normal atom bomb fissioning with strong induced radioactivity.

Let us now see if we can explain the energy of a 1 Megaton TNT H-bomb using known electrostatic forces only, and not binding energies or strong force assumptions.

The assertion now is that the deuterium atom, instead of fusing with a proton to form a tritium atom releasing extraordinary energy (the standard position now held, presented in all books, accepted by all institutions) what is really happening is that the electron can no longer hold the two protons together as a result of collision from a high energy electron (beta ray) along with gamma ray vibrations. In which case the two protons fly away from each other, repelled by their mutual positive charge.

Let us see if this model works to explain the energies involved for a 1 Megaton TNT H-bomb explosion. As per google search, 1 Kg of TNT releases 1.67 x 10^9 joules. 1 Megaton (a million tons) would release 1.67 x 10^15 joules.

Can simple formulas, known for decades, relating to electrostatics be used to show that fission as stated above will create such an energy?

Let us get the basic data first, that is publicly known and found via google searching.

mass of proton 1.67 x 10^-29 Kg
charge of proton 1.602 x 10^-19 coulombs
diameter of proton 10^-15 meter
k value is 8.98 x 10^9 MKAS units

Using the formula for electrostatic attraction and repulsion, and assuming that at rest in the deuterim atom the protons were separated by two proton diameters, we present the age old formula

F = k x q1 x q2/r^2 and putting in the values all in MKAS units
F = 8.98 x 10^9 x 1.602 x 10^-19 x 1.602 x 10^-19/(2 X 10^-15 x 2 x 10^-15)
or
F = 8.98 x 1.602^2 x 10^-29/(4 x 10^-30)
or
F1 = 57.6 Newtons

So the fissioning of a deuterium nucleus leads to at the initial position a repulsive force of 57.6 newtons. This is very important.
We now see what energies are involved as a result of this electrostaic repulsion force.

Let us consider the repulsive for the proton at a distance of 20 proton diameters, that is, when a single proton has moved away by 10 proton diameters or 10^-14m

It is F = 8.98 x 1.602^2 x 10^-29/(20 x 10^-15 * 20 x 10^-15)
or
F2 = 0.576 Newtons

Very roughly, the average force acting on the proton as it moves a distance of 10 proton diameters or 10^-14 m is the mean of these two values.

The F = (F1 + F2)/2 = 29.088 Newtons

The average acceleration of the proton from rest over the distance 10^-14m can be calculated from the formula F = ma or a = F/m,
or
a = 29.088/(1.67 x 10^-27)
or
a = 17.418 x 10^27 or 1.7418 x 10^28 meters per second square.

The velocity of the proton after it has travelled 10^-14 m is obtained from the formula:

V^2 = 2 x a x s where V is the velocity, s is the distance travelled under average acceleration a and the initial velocity is zero.
or
V^2 = 2 x 1.7418 x 10^28 x 10^-14
or
V^2 = 3.4836 x 10^14
and
V = 1.866 x 10^7 meters/second

Now the kinetic energy of the single proton after it has travelled 10^-14m after fission is
0.5 x m x V^2
or
0.5 x 1.67 x 10^-27 x 3.4836 x 10^14
or
2.9088 x 10^-13 joules.

As there are two protons involved, the kinetic energy from a deuterium fission would be
5.8 x 10^-13 joules

Let us consider that in our bomb we have used M=100 Kg of heavy water.
Now 19 gms of deuterium water contain 6.023 x 10^23 molecules of heavy water as per Avogadro's formula.
So 100Kg will contain 100*1000/18 x 6.023 x 10^23 fissionable atoms or 3.17 x 10^27 atoms.

If all these atoms fission in the hydrogen bomb explosion, then the total energy from just that will be:
5.8 x 10^-13 x 3.17 x 10^27
= 18.38 x 10^14
= 1.838 x 10^15 joules.

Now let us go back to see what is the energy yield from a 1 Megaton TNT H bomb.

Its value is
1.67 x 10^15 joules

which is quite close to the value we have got of 1.838 x 10^15 joules and that, let me remind, is obtained by pure electrostatic internal forces caused by the repelled fissioned deuterium protons

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
Melbourne, 23/03/2020

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 16, 2021, 7:41:36 PM9/16/21
On Thursday, 9 September 2021 at 22:12:57 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> I have not got a single cent from Amazon for my book.
> It was supposed to be sold for $10.
> Now they are selling it at $23 with $4 for delivery.
>
> All I got long ago was some threatening emails from the US IT office!
>
> https://www.amazon.com.au/Son-Hiranyaksh-Ancient-Valour-Demons/dp/147528599X
>
> Well, well, what's up? Amazon shows me there are no sales, but it bumps up the price on its website.
>
> No wonder Bezos is so rich. Such a crook!
>
> Cheers,
> Arindam Banerjee, multi-trillionaire++ at heart if not money

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Arindam+Banerjee+Outlook+article+Newton&form=ANNNB1&refig=754d8c87fb2b4f9985a6db9a9532cb9a

That was in 2003, and it led to:

The physics aphorisms of Arindam

1.1 While relativity is completely wrong, such cannot be said of quantum theory.

1.2 However it depends upon energy levels of the orbital electrons. It ignores the existence of aether. It is devoid of any geometric basis for electron movement.

1.3 Depending upon energy levels to begin with is perilous. Energy is for business and money-making - the physicist should be interested primarily about forces. And as force unlike power/energy is a vector quantity, and so has direction, the geometrical situation is of paramount importance.

1.4 Using quantum theory, reflection of light may be explained this way - an incoming packet of energy called a photon causes an electron to jump from a lower energy orbital shell to a higher energy orbital shell. This is unstable, so it jumps down from the higher energy orbital shell to the lower energy orbital shell. The difference in energy is emitted now as a photon.

1.5 In 1.4 above the implicit notion is that the electron orbits are circular. It is also implied that the photon must have some mass as it has energy following e=mcc, and this mass with movmentum mc has the energy to kick up the electron to the higher orbit shell.

1.6 Now let us consider the above phenomenon in terms of aether, forces and geometries.

1.7 Aether by definition is a very fine solid through which all protons and electrons and neutrons pass the way bullets may go through grass which does not break but just bends. The photon in the aetheric context is a small burst of radiant energy. It is a disturbance with no mass.

1.8 When this aetheric disturbance caused by the radiation reaches the electron and as it envelops the electron, it changes the orbit of the electron by displacement.

1.9 In the process of displacement the disturbance loses its energy as the force to displace the electron is lost with the movement of the electron. This is for the first quarter cycle of the wave - from zero to peak

1.10 As a result of the energy absorption the orbit of the electron is no longer circular but elliptical, and more "high energy" that way.

1.11 An electric field is created with the dipole effect caused by the elliptic orbit. There was no electric field before the disturbance; now there is; so there has been a change of electric field meaning that has to be a corresponding changing magnetic field. Which will creating another changing electric field and so on till we have a burst of radiation, equivalent to the photon.

1.12 The electron at the higher energy level or greater ellipticity can be returned to the original orbit shell with the next quarter of the wave, from peak to zero. Again, as per 1.11 there will be a electromagnetic wave formation completing the half cycle.

1.13 The electron in this case does not behave as a single orbiting particle but as a thin and elastic rubber band.

1.14 The idea of the electron not as a particle but as a rubber band is of crucial importance in our study of he nucleus of an atom.

2.1 Aether, a solid made of infinitely fine particles, fills the entire
infinite universe.

2.2 The particles can vibrate, that is, oscillate about their mean positions.

2.3 The only force in the universe is electric as matter is made up of positive and negative charges.

2.4 When the electric field changes, it creates a changing magnetic field, which creates a changing electric field and so on. The changing electric fields vibrate the aether.

2.5 If the electric field loops as in a current, there is a steady magnetic field.

2.6 Matter is made up of negative charges called electrons and protons that are positive charges.

2.7 Under mutual attraction, they go through aether as a diver through a wave. When static, they let the wave push them this way and that.

2.8 Aether is a solid but its density cannot be found as aether fills everything including the space within the atom.

2.9 Only the density of protons and electrons can be estimated, for their mass and volume may be known from experiments.

2.10 Aether cannot affect the normal movement of the electrons and protons as they go through aether. There is no drag.

2.11 Aether bends to let electrons and protons squeeze through. No loss of momentum, thus, in the normal situation.

2.11 But with the applies electric field there is aetheric swaying from
vibration about their mean positions according to the frequency of the
changing electric field. This is what moves the electrons from their normal states. In this displacement of the electron the kinetic energy of the electromagnetic wave is absorbed.

2.12 Thus only when there is an electric field causing vibration to the aether there is momentum transfer to the electron.

2.13 Electrons are like rubber bands while protons may be spherical.

3.1 The aether particles are infinitely small by definition.

3.2 As they are infinitely small like points they have as you say no shape nor structure not volume.

3.3 Under the impact of electrical forces they vibrate and this vibration impacts upon the momentum of the electrons.

3.4 Thus the kinetic energy of the vibration transforms to the kinetic energy of the electron.

3.5 The reverse situation happens when the electron loses its kinetic energy. It creates the aetheric vibration.

3.6 This is understood it as water molecules going past a very thin set of wires forming a sieve. Only this time the water molecules stick to each other in their relative positions.

3.7 Aether particles bend aside to let the electrons and protons pass through them.

4.1 The definition of aether follows from a book referred to and quoted from in my 2005 post.'

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/soc.culture.australian/wwQ4LkfM4bc/7uhLA2kLDfQJ

4.2 aether: a solid where infinitely fine, infinitely elastic particles filling the entire infinite universe including the inter-atomic spaces maintain their respective positions. It is the medium for the propagation of energy with electromagnetic waves.

4.3 The 19th century notions of aether are extended to explain the propagation of electromagnetic waves acting upon the electrons in matter; and how matter receives these waves and creates these waves. This is the field approach where forces with their directions are given primary importance.

4.4 This is a far superior and intuitive approach than its alternative, the energy based quantum theory which depends solely upon assumptions piled upon assumptions.

5.1 Consider a firecracker - the amount of gunpowder is small as compared to the amount of packing. When the cracker explodes, the paper or string is blown out. It is supposed that the energy of the firecracker comes from the powder alone. For the string or paper surrounding the powder is chemically inert.

5.2 The above fact, that packing is needed for powerful explosions, was very well known to all those using muzzle loader guns. They had to pack the powder in.

5.3 That loose powder does not explode, merely burns well, is also clearly shown by the behaviour of fuses.

5.4 If we go by the calorie output of fuses and crackers, we should get the same result.

5.4 However firecrackers, bombs, etc. that require a lot of packing (paper or steel casing) produce a lot more kinetic energy than the fuse.

5.5 This kinetic energy is evidently coming from the packing.

5.6 Tighter the packing, greater the energy.

5.7 These are some of the basic issues, observed from Nature, that will be useful to understand the formula of energy creation and destruction, namely 0.5mVVN(N-k).

6.1 Let a mass m in free space have within its geometry an internal energy source that can increase its velocity by an amount v each time an amount of energy k.E from it is utilised. The kinetic increases after each hit increases by E = 0.5mvv. k is an efficiency factor greater than 1 related to the losses involved in converting the internal energy to the kinetic energy. After N hits the velocity will be Nv. With respect to the initial state the kinetic energy of the mass will be 0.5mvvNN. The internal energy used up will be NkE or 0.5mvvNk. Thus the increase in energy e after N hits will be, if N>k, e=0.5mvvN(N-k).

6.2 The most obvious display of internal energy creating internal force
equally in directions is the chemical explosion. A matchstick, a bullet, a chemical bomb - these are all examples of chemical explosion showing the utilisation of internal energy used for creating internal force, that causing heat and kinetic energy to the surroundings.

6.3 Aphorisms 5.1 to 5.7 (given below) elaborate on the nature of the explosion in relation to the energy generated, with respect to packing of the explosive matter.

6.4 The nuclear explosion creates a great deal more destructive kinetic
energy than a chemical explosion. This is because the packing in a nuclear explosion is much more dense than a chemical reaction. In a chemical reaction atoms are involved. In a nuclear reaction the nucleus is involved.

6.5 In quantitative terms, the dimension of an atom is of the order of
10^-10m; the dimension of the nucleus is of the order of 10^-15m or 10^5 times more. This is the linear dimension - in three dimensions the packing of nuclei will be denser by a factor of 10^15. However in a nuclear explosion it is not as if all the atoms are bunched up as nuclei - so the packing factor is in between 10^5 to 10^15. Let us say that a nuclear explosion the active constituents are packed to the order of 10^6 with respect to the chemical explosion to be conservative.

6.6 From the above rough analysis, it is obvious that the nuclear explosion, for the same mass, should be 10^10 times more powerful than the chemical explosion. 1 ton of TNT generates 5*10^9 joules; a nuclear bomb of mass 1 ton of active material (the nuclear material plus the packing surrounds) should thus generate 5*10^15 joules. Now a hydrogen bomb of 1 Megaton generates 5*10^15 joules.

6.7 Thus the simple matter of packing the fissile material explains the vast disparity of energy between the nuclear explosion and the chemical explosion.

6.8 What is happening is that the N factor in the equation e=0.5mvvN(N-k)
is much higher for the nuclear explosion than it is for the chemical. Each atom in m gets hit N times in any explosion - greater the packing, more the N. The outer atoms get hit by inner atoms that are getting out in all directions, again and again. The force is directed in all directions; the non-fissile elements get hit by the fissile atoms that keep on expanding out at a great velocity.

7.0 About the hydrogen bomb, and how the so-called strong nuclear force is actually the familiar electrostatic force operating at the atomic nucleus level.

7.1 The hydrogen atom is composed of a single proton and a single electron circling around it, as per the most established model of the hydrogen atom. There are isotopes of hydrogen occuring naturally - there is a neutron associated with that single proton. It is this isotope - deuterium - of hydrogen that is used in nuclear bombs (called hydrogen bombs, based upon supposed fusion).

7.2 In fusion, the deuterium is supposed to become another isotope - tritium - after intense heat is applied as a result of an earlier fission bomb. There is apparently a drop in mass, that is translated into energy. However, we can propose another alternative explanation for this great energy.

7.3 Consider a neutron to be a close union of a proton and an electron. The bond between them is extraordinarily strong - two charges joined at a zero distance, so the bonding force is very great. However, let us assert that the electron does not lose its identity even in this close union.

7.4 A deuterium atom can thus be seen as the union of two protons joined by an electron. The bonding force here is very strong, but can be broken with enormous impact is caused as a result of nuclear fission.

7.5 Nuclear fission causes the extraordinary aether vibration to break apart the bonding in the deuterium atom. The two protons in the nucleus cannot be held together by the electron. As the electron gives up its hold, the two protons, that are at a very close distance, move apart with extraordinary force.

7.6 The movement of the protons with respect to the electron causes a time varying electric field, which will create a time varying magnetic field, and together they will proceed as a very high energy electromagnetic gamma ray once again causing aetheric vibration. This vibration will dissociate the other deuterium atoms, causing a chain reaction. Being very fast, and very powerful with the most extrordinary electrostatic forces being released, the hydrogen bomb is thus created.

7.7 The hydrogen bomb thus has nothing to do with fusion, but with the fission of the deuterium isotope of hydrogen.

7.8 The deuterium isotope may be considered the fundamental building block for the nuclei of all other elements. Multiples of them, with extra neutrons, constitute the nuclei of the heavier elements. The electrons glue the protons together, while presenting a net positive charge that are balanced by the electrons orbiting the nucleus.

Chrysi Cat

Sep 17, 2021, 6:40:14 AM9/17/21
On 9/13/2021 2:49 AM, Madhu wrote:
> * Anton Shepelev <20210910134127.f998dbfd122cab42ca75b358@g{oogle}mail.com> :
> Wrote on Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:41:27 +0300:
>>
>> On the other hand, it is only fair that GOG should adapt its
>
> of gog and magog? prince of rosh, meschech and tubal?

Not sure if you're serious or not--in this particular NG, it's
completely conceivable that only the learners, plus a couple of the
native speakers, might be aware of the company formerly known as "Good
Ol' Games", and now known only by what used to be its acronym (in part
because it now sells new downloadable software rather than just copies
of games that had been out of print for a decade).

>> prices to specific regions in order to reflect the different
>> income levels, so that in Russia their titles are consider-
>> ably cheaper than, say, in Japan. But I never buy games
>> these days, what with my old computer, my satisfaction with
>> MS-DOS and ZX Spectrum (Pentagon) classics, and dearness of
>> spare time...

Anton Shepelev

Sep 17, 2021, 6:57:24 AM9/17/21
Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:

> > Can you exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to
> > accumulate at the top of a heated room?
>
> Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high
> bookshelf: it's warmer up there.

An example of effect producing the cause? Since Arindam
found my question below his genious, or over his capability,
I am still interested answers from others, especially for an
ideal gas.

As a joint-owner of four cats, I will say for them that they
appreciate not only warmth but also a good vantage point.

Richard Heathfield

Sep 17, 2021, 7:14:17 AM9/17/21
On 17/09/2021 11:57, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:
>
>>> Can you exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to
>>> accumulate at the top of a heated room?
>>
>> Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high
>> bookshelf: it's warmer up there.
>
> An example of effect producing the cause?

Precisely. This is also why it's hotter in the summer; the joule, which
is of course strictly speaking classified by modern biologists as a
bird, likes to fly south for the winter. This also explains *why* cats
are so hypnotically attracted towards heat.

J. J. Lodder

Sep 17, 2021, 7:57:38 AM9/17/21
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote:

> Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:
>
> > > Can you exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to
> > > accumulate at the top of a heated room?
> >
> > Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high
> > bookshelf: it's warmer up there.
>
> An example of effect producing the cause? Since Arindam
> found my question below his genious, or over his capability,

Our A.B. is an absolute genius.
He has broken not only the second and the first law of thermodynamics,
but also the zeroth.
With him heat doesn't flow from hotter to colder.

> I am still interested answers from others, especially for an
> ideal gas.

Ideal gas has nothing to do with it.
It is an example of what is called 'thermal stratification'.
It happens in your hot water reservoir too.
Once established it is surprisingly stable.

> As a joint-owner of four cats, I will say for them that they
> appreciate not only warmth but also a good vantage point.

And one that is easily defended,

Jan

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 17, 2021, 8:09:23 AM9/17/21
On Friday, 17 September 2021 at 21:57:38 UTC+10, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote:
>
> > Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:

> > > Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high
> > > bookshelf: it's warmer up there.
> >
> > An example of effect producing the cause? Since Arindam
> > found my question below his genious, or over his capability,
> Our A.B. is an absolute genius.
The greatest of all time.
> He has broken not only the second and the first law of thermodynamics,
> but also the zeroth.
Science is provisional. I am happy to have scored some goals.
> With him heat doesn't flow from hotter to colder.
A crude notion, this heat stuff.
The world runs on cold engines more and more.
Out with thermo.
Up with electromagnetics and electrostatics as unified force.
Force is for physics.
Work is for engineers.
Energy is for bunny-has (traders).

Heat does not flow.
More excited molecules push less excited molecules from exciting source to sink.

Peter Moylan

Sep 17, 2021, 8:18:12 AM9/17/21
On 17/09/21 21:57, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:
>
>>> Can you exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to
>>> accumulate at the top of a heated room?
>>
>> Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high
>> bookshelf: it's warmer up there.
>
> An example of effect producing the cause? Since Arindam
> found my question below his genious, or over his capability,
> I am still interested answers from others, especially for an
> ideal gas.
>
> As a joint-owner of four cats, I will say for them that they
> appreciate not only warmth but also a good vantage point.

Nobody owns a cat.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 17, 2021, 9:26:50 AM9/17/21
On Friday, 17 September 2021 at 22:09:23 UTC+10, Arindam Banerjee wrote:
> On Friday, 17 September 2021 at 21:57:38 UTC+10, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> > Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:

> > > An example of effect producing the cause? Since Arindam
> > > found my question below his genious, or over his capability,
> > Our A.B. is an absolute genius.
> The greatest of all time.
> > He has broken not only the second and the first law of thermodynamics,
> > but also the zeroth.
> Science is provisional. I am happy to have scored some goals.
> > With him heat doesn't flow from hotter to colder.
> A crude notion, this heat stuff.
> The world runs on cold engines more and more.
> Out with thermo.
> Up with electromagnetics and electrostatics as unified force.
> Force is for physics.
> Work is for engineers.
> Energy is for bunny-has (traders).

Oops, iPad up to its tricks! I meant bunny-ahs, for the correct pronunciation of banias. They are the dominant caste these days, so should be given their due respect.

Anton Shepelev

Sep 17, 2021, 9:53:23 AM9/17/21
J. J. Lodder to Anton Shepelev:

> > Can you exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to
> > accumulate at the top of a heated room? [...] I am
> > still interested answers from others, especially for an
> > ideal gas.
>
> Ideal gas has nothing to do with it. It is an example of
> what is called 'thermal stratification'. It happens in
> your hot water reservoir too.

Wikipedia defines it for liquids, but I can see how the term
may apply to an identical or similar phoenomenon observed of
gases. I am still looking forward to an answer and explana-
tion for the case of an ideal gas. Will it stratify?

> Once established it is surprisingly stable.

Ob. AUE: Which is why I find it expedient to stir the water
in which a hot panacota is cooling.

CDB

Sep 17, 2021, 10:20:01 AM9/17/21
On 9/17/2021 6:57 AM, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Richard Heathfield to Anton Shepelev:

>>> Can you exlain, for example, the tendency of warm air to
>>> accumulate at the top of a heated room?

Seriously? Even I know that one. Cooler air is denser, so it sinks;
the warm air has nowhere to go but up.

>> Same reason a cat will nap on a wardrobe top or a high
>> bookshelf: it's warmer up there.

> An example of effect producing the cause? Since Arindam found my
> question below his genious, or over his capability, I am still
> interested answers from others, especially for an ideal gas.

I don't know from ideal gases. If they expand when warmed, they will
presumably behave like the gases in our atmosphere.

> As a joint-owner of four cats, I will say for them that they
> appreciate not only warmth but also a good vantage point.

--
Listening suspiciously for snickers.

occam

Sep 17, 2021, 10:30:14 AM9/17/21
On 17/09/2021 12:57, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> As a joint-owner of four cats, I will say for them that they
> appreciate not only warmth but also a good vantage point.

Also, perhaps the secondary effects of your joints are better
experienced higher up the room, as the smoke rises.

(It's an odd turn of phrase. I never describe myself as the joint-owner
of two sons.)

Kerr-Mudd, John

Sep 17, 2021, 2:14:29 PM9/17/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:19:54 -0400
CDB <belle...@gmail.com> wrote:
[]

> I don't know from ideal gases. If they expand when warmed, they will

This usage is unfamiliar to me; My UKE would have 'I don't know about ...'
Can I presume that it means the same thing?
[]
--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.
It is loading more messages.