Out Of State Leftists Cheer DeSantis As Florida ICUs Fill Up, Red State Slides Into Living HELL!

Jon Ichabod

Aug 5, 2021, 10:13:37 AM8/5/21
[For Trumpists, Death is Freedom!]

Opinion
Krugman: ‘Freedom’ Florida and the Delta variant disaster
DeSantis has helped create a state of mind in which vaccine skepticism
flourishes and refusal to take precautions is normalized

Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida, isn’t stupid. He is, however, ambitious
and supremely cynical. So when he says things that sound stupid, it’s
worth asking why. And his recent statements on COVID-19 help us understand
why so many Americans are still dying or getting severely ill from the
disease.

The background here is Florida’s unfolding public health catastrophe.

We now have highly effective vaccines freely available to every American
who is at least 12 years old. There has been a lot of hype about
“breakthrough” infections associated with the delta variant, but they
remain rare, and serious illness among the vaccinated is rarer still.
There is no good reason we should still be suffering severely from this
pandemic.

But Florida is in the grip of a COVID surge worse than it experienced
before the vaccines. More than 10,000 Floridians are hospitalized, around
10 times the number in New York, which has about as many residents; an
average of 58 Florida residents are dying each day, compared with six in
New York. And the Florida hospital system is under extreme stress.

There’s no mystery about why this has happened. At every stage of the
pandemic DeSantis has effectively acted as an ally of the coronavirus, for
example by issuing orders blocking businesses from requiring that their
patrons show proof of vaccination and schools from requiring masks. More
generally, he has helped create a state of mind in which vaccine
skepticism flourishes and refusal to take precautions is normalized.

So, given these grim developments, one might have expected or at least
hoped that DeSantis would reconsider his position. In fact, he has been
making excuses — it’s all about the air-conditioning! He has been claiming
that any new restrictions would have unacceptable costs for the economy.

Above all, he has been playing the liberal-conspiracy-theory card, with
fundraising letters declaring that the “radical left” is “coming for your
freedom.”

So let’s talk about what the right means when it talks about “freedom.”
Since the pandemic began, many conservatives have insisted that actions to
limit the death toll — social distancing, wearing a mask and now getting
vaccinated — should be matters of personal choice. Does that position make
any sense?

Well, driving drunk is also a personal choice. But almost everyone
understands that it’s a personal choice that endangers others; 97% of the
public considers driving while impaired by alcohol a serious problem. Why
don’t we have the same kind of unanimity on refusing to get vaccinated, a
choice that helps perpetuate the pandemic and puts others at risk?

My answer is that when people on the right talk about “freedom” what they
actually mean is closer to “defense of privilege” — specifically the right
of certain people (generally white male Christians) to do whatever they
want.

Not incidentally, if you go back to the roots of modern conservatism, you
find people like Barry Goldwater defending the right of businesses to
discriminate against Black Americans. In the name of freedom, of course. A
lot, though not all, of the recent panic about “cancel culture” is about
protecting the right of powerful men to mistreat women. And so on.

Once you understand that the rhetoric of freedom is actually about
privilege, things that look on the surface like gross inconsistency and
hypocrisy start to make sense.

Why, for example, are conservatives so insistent on the right of
businesses to make their own decisions, free from regulation — but quick
to stop them from denying service to customers who refuse to wear masks or
show proof of vaccination? It’s all about whose privilege is being
protected.

Anyway, as you watch DeSantis invoke “freedom” to escape responsibility
for his COVID catastrophe, remember, when he says it, that word does not
mean what you think it means.

Paul Krugman is a New York Times columnist.

Checkmate

Aug 5, 2021, 10:48:43 AM8/5/21
Checkmate.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 14:13:35 -0000 (UTC), Jon Ichabod had the audacity to
say the following:

> Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida, isn?t stupid. He is, however, ambitious
> and supremely cynical. So when he says things that sound stupid, it?s
> worth asking why. And his recent statements on COVID-19 help us understand
> why so many Americans are still dying or getting severely ill from the
> disease.

Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2021

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

Footloose! https://youtu.be/mXfVaXjBFK4

"I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed..." --Vallor

kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Herbert

Aug 5, 2021, 11:46:20 AM8/5/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.
> It's all part of the PLAN. You can't make
> a law against something you don't know about.

Obiden's plan is working perfectly. Unvaccinated rightists in Texas &
Florida are filling up hospitals with COVID and soon the funeral homes.

Flooding Texas' pourous border with 2 million infected illegals was a
brilliant stroke that even Trump is powerles to do anything about but whine.

BeamMeUpScotty

Aug 5, 2021, 12:10:49 PM8/5/21
On 8/5/21 10:48 AM, Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate.
>
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 14:13:35 -0000 (UTC), Jon Ichabod had the audacity to
> say the following:
>

>> Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida, isn?t stupid. He is, however, ambitious
>> and supremely cynical. So when he says things that sound stupid, it?s
>> worth asking why. And his recent statements on COVID-19 help us understand
>> why so many Americans are still dying or getting severely ill from the
>> disease.
>>

> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Biden delivered the infected illegals... they should be cheering Biden
for killing more Americans than Cuomo did....

It's what Democrats do they cheer terrorists and traitors that kill
Americans because Democrats HATE America.

--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you. Make them prove it with
actual verifiable facts and science. And if you didn't find the
duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you then you didn't
dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the Marxist-Democrat plan that
says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have a lack of transparency and
then lie about everything".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
216 - If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men
to do the same job for more money?

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Aug 5, 2021, 12:35:22 PM8/5/21
On 8/5/2021 9:10 AM, BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
> On 8/5/21 10:48 AM, Checkmate wrote:
>> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
>> Checkmate.
>>
>> On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 14:13:35 -0000 (UTC), Jon Ichabod had the audacity to
>> say the following:
>>

>>> Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida, isn?t stupid. He is, however, ambitious
>>> and supremely cynical. So when he says things that sound stupid, it?s
>>> worth asking why. And his recent statements on COVID-19 help us understand
>>> why so many Americans are still dying or getting severely ill from the
>>> disease.
>>>

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.
>>
> Biden delivered the infected illegals... they should be cheering Biden
> for killing more Americans than Cuomo did....
>
> It's what Democrats do they cheer terrorists and traitors that kill
> Americans because Democrats HATE America.

YOU DUMB FUCKING typical whitefuck,

You SPEND your entire lives SUCKING COCKS and GOSSIPING while the EVIL
WHITE PSYCHOPATHS in your GOVT are SECRETLY CHIPPING amrikkkans with
MIND CONTROL CHIPS and TORTURING you with DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS.

You whitefucks have NO SHAME.

Do you fucking understand simple english?

The EVIL WHITE PSYCHOPATHIC SADISTS already INVADED your fucking BRAINS.

NSA Supercomputers are RECORDING EVERY FUCKING THOUGHT and EMOTION that
happens in YOUR BRAINS.

They are using SATELLITES and CELL TOWERS to ILLEGALLY BEAM SIGNALS and
CONTROLLING YOUR FUCKING BRAINS.

CELL TOWERS are being USED by CIA n NSA DEEP STATE to MANIPULATE HUMAN
BRAINS with SYNTHETIC TELEPATHY - Scientist Dr. Paul Batcho
https://groups.google.com/g/uk.sport.cricket/c/mLxKZPIZw9E/m/jeggrqQIBAAJ

Checkmate

Aug 5, 2021, 7:27:21 PM8/5/21
Checkmate.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 15:46:18 -0000 (UTC), Herbert had the audacity to say
the following:

> Flooding Texas' pourous border with 2 million infected illegals was a
> brilliant stroke

For an imbecile and a Communist puppet who should be arrested for treason.

Herbert

Aug 10, 2021, 3:47:37 PM8/10/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.
> It's all part of the PLAN. You can't make
> a law against something you don't know about.

Obiden's plan is working perfectly. Unvaccinated rightists in Texas &
Florida are filling up hospitals with COVID and soon the funeral homes.

Flooding Texas' pourous border with 2 million infected illegals was a

Herbert

Aug 11, 2021, 12:32:16 PM8/11/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Aug 31, 2021, 4:40:37 PM8/31/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Sep 18, 2021, 4:38:30 PM9/18/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Oct 10, 2021, 5:30:04 PM10/10/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Nov 4, 2021, 4:28:03 PM11/4/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Nov 13, 2021, 5:08:55 PM11/13/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Nov 21, 2021, 8:06:01 PM11/21/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Dec 7, 2021, 1:44:59 PM12/7/21
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Jan 10, 2022, 5:58:22 PM1/10/22
JWS wrote

>> Obiden has a plan to ensure the continual success of the CCP virus
>> infestation in those pesky red States. He's importing human virus-
>> spreading vectors through our southern border, and secretly spreading them
>> into those uppity red States under cover of darkness. I'm surprised there
>> aren't even more laws against stuff like that.

Herbert

Jan 25, 2022, 5:00:52 PM1/25/22
JWS wrote