Re: The Best Way To Get Better At Poker

1 view

solar penguin

Jan 2, 2011, 7:06:38 PM1/2/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <6d7ab90a-63b8-4add...@fu15g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Not possible.
> >> --
> >
> >Between the two of us we've just got through _eight_ Aces in this
> >pack! Count 'em. If that was possible, my bid is perfectly
> >reasonable.
>
> 54 cards in a pack. 2 of which are jokers!

You didn't leave the jokers in before dealing did you? In that case,
you're right. I can't bid fifteen, no trumps with jokers in play.

I'll change my bid to raise you a pair of hearts, and one for his
knob.

The Doctor

Jan 2, 2011, 7:13:25 PM1/2/11
In article <9541a1f4-a6d8-4098...@q18g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,

Accepted!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

solar penguin

Jan 3, 2011, 6:54:24 AM1/3/11

The Doctor wrote:

OK, so you've accepted it but you haven't raised a bid of your own in
response. In that case, I've won!

This poker lark is easy! Let's have another game.

I'll start by bidding three of a kind: a seven of hearts, another
seven of hearts, and a third seven of hearts.

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2011, 9:05:18 AM1/3/11
In article <b22e319f-80b3-4f39...@w2g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

How many deck are you playing with?

solar penguin

Jan 3, 2011, 9:13:03 AM1/3/11

The Doctor wrote:

It's the same deck we used for the last game. The one with eight aces
in it.

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2011, 10:02:13 AM1/3/11
In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

That is a 4 decker!!

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 3, 2011, 10:05:32 AM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 8:02 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd-acca-071bb25c0...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >The Doctor wrote:

Yads, you might be better off just playing "Fish" with your Mam.

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2011, 10:12:33 AM1/3/11
In article <86adacbe-75cb-4ca3...@f20g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bunghol...@lycos.com> wrote:
>On Jan 3, 8:02=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd-acca-071bb25c0...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.=
>com>,

>> solar penguin =A0<solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

>ps.com>,

>groups.com>,

>oglegroups.com>,

>googlegroups.com>,

>qe.googlegroups.com>,

>s.

>is

>case,

>y.

>> >It's the same deck we used for the last game. =A0The one with eight aces

>> >in it.
>>
>> That is a 4 decker!!
>> --
>

>Yads, you might be better off just playing "Fish" with your Mam.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 3, 2011, 11:10:34 AM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 8:12 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <86adacbe-75cb-4ca3-bca7-b8d76ccb2...@f20g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,

Do you even know how to play "Fish"? Does your Mam?

solar penguin

Jan 3, 2011, 3:32:28 PM1/3/11

You get a bent pin on a piece of string and dangle it in the canal until
something bites, right? Yads won't do that. It would mean going
outdoors.

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2011, 4:26:50 PM1/3/11
In article <1266a566-6ef6-4f9d...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:
>On Jan 3, 8:12=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <86adacbe-75cb-4ca3-bca7-b8d76ccb2...@f20g2000vbc.googlegroups=

>.com>,
>>

>> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:
>ps.=3D
>> >com>,

>rou=3D
>> >ps.com>,

>gle=3D
>> >groups.com>,

>.go=3D
>> >oglegroups.com>,

>be.=3D
>> >googlegroups.com>,

>00y=3D
>> >qe.googlegroups.com>,

>ade=3D

>> >s.

> th=3D
>> >is
>erfectl=3D

>that =3D
>> >case,
>n pla=3D
>> >y.

>is

> in

> aces

>> >Yads, you might be better off just playing "Fish" with your Mam.
>>
>> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypant=

>s .
>>
>> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
>> --
>
>Do you even know how to play "Fish"? Does your Mam?

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2011, 4:41:47 PM1/3/11
In article <iftbos$jm4$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

I might have to fish in Mr.SmartyPAnts's zone.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee

Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England UK

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 4, 2011, 2:37:25 AM1/4/11
On Jan 3, 2:41 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <iftbos$jm...@news.eternal-september.org>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> Do you even know how to play "Fish"? Does your Mam?
>
> >You get a bent pin on a piece of string and dangle it in the canal until
> >something bites, right?  Yads won't do that.  It would mean going
> >outdoors.
>
> I might have to fish in Mr.SmartyPAnts's pants because I'm gay.
> --

fixed.

solar penguin

Jan 4, 2011, 5:06:31 AM1/4/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> How many deck are you playing with?
> >> --
> >
> >It's the same deck we used for the last game. The one with eight aces
>

> That is a 4 decker!!
> --

No. I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
arithmetic. There are 4 aces in a standard pack. Two fours are
eight. So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
decker.

But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
brought, I've got one of my own here. I'll just deal myself four
cards from that cards out...

Now, let's see. I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.

Oops, that puts me over 21. Oh well, whose turn next?

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 4, 2011, 9:48:29 AM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 3:06 am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
> > In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd-acca-071bb25c0...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> > solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >It's the same deck we used for the last game.  The one with eight aces
>
> > That is a 4 decker!!
> > --
>
> No.  I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
> arithmetic.  There are 4 aces in a standard pack.  Two fours are
> eight.  So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
> decker.
>
> But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
> brought, I've got one of my own here.  I'll just deal myself four
> cards from that cards out...
>
> Now, let's see.  I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
> High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
>
> Oops, that puts me over 21.  Oh well, whose turn next?-

Using a small child's deck of cards Yads raises you two pussycats and
a fishy.

Ooops, now Aggy will want in the game.

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 10:14:52 AM1/4/11
In article <a77db61f-54e6-4a42...@n10g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:

>On Jan 3, 2:41=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <iftbos$jm...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> solar penguin =A0<solar.peng...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> >You get a bent pin on a piece of string and dangle it in the canal until
>> >something bites, right? =A0Yads won't do that. =A0It would mean going

>> >outdoors.
>>
>> I might have to fish in Mr.SmartyPAnts's pants because I'm gay.
>> --
>
>fixed.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 10:18:53 AM1/4/11
In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
>> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >It's the same deck we used for the last game. The one with eight aces
>>
>> That is a 4 decker!!
>> --
>
>No. I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
>arithmetic. There are 4 aces in a standard pack. Two fours are
>eight. So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
>decker.

The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .

Correct on how to get 8 aces.

>But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
>brought, I've got one of my own here. I'll just deal myself four
>cards from that cards out...
>
>Now, let's see. I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
>High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.

Tarots not allowed.

>Oops, that puts me over 21. Oh well, whose turn next?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 10:21:34 AM1/4/11
In article <45a39d91-456a-47c7...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:

>On Jan 4, 3:06=A0am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>> > In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd-acca-071bb25c0...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroup=
>s.com>,

>oups.com>,

>es
>>
>> > That is a 4 decker!!
>> > --
>>
>> No. =A0I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
>> arithmetic. =A0There are 4 aces in a standard pack. =A0Two fours are
>> eight. =A0So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four

>> decker.
>>
>> But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
>> brought, I've got one of my own here. =A0I'll just deal myself four

>> cards from that cards out...
>>
>> Now, let's see. =A0I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the

>> High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
>>
>> Oops, that puts me over 21. =A0Oh well, whose turn next?-

>Using a small child's deck of cards Yads raises you two pussycats and
>a fishy.
>
>Ooops, now Aggy will want in the game.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee

solar penguin

Jan 4, 2011, 12:16:07 PM1/4/11

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> That is a 4 decker!!
> >> --
> >
> >No. I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
> >arithmetic. There are 4 aces in a standard pack. Two fours are
> >eight. So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
> >decker.
>
> The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .
>
> Correct on how to get 8 aces.

So why did you say a 4 decker?

> >But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
> >brought, I've got one of my own here. I'll just deal myself four
> >cards from that cards out...
> >
> >Now, let's see. I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
> >High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
> >

> >Oops, that puts me over 21. Oh well, whose turn next?
>

> Tarots not allowed.

Ok, that just leaves me Master Bun the Baker's Son. Hey, I'm back
under 21. I'm back in the game again. But with only one card, it'll
be hard for me to win this time...

solar penguin

Jan 4, 2011, 12:20:51 PM1/4/11

Mr.Smartypants wrote:

A fishy? Hey the bent pin must've worked!

Ok, does anyone know if pussycats and fishy beats Master Bun?

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 4, 2011, 12:37:59 PM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 8:18 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269-bddc-791483671...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> That is a 4 decker!!
> >> --
>
> >No.  I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
> >arithmetic.  There are 4 aces in a standard pack.  Two fours are
> >eight.  So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
> >decker.
>
> The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .
>
> Correct on how to get 8 aces.

WTF does any of that gibberish mean!!?

> >But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
> >brought, I've got one of my own here.  I'll just deal myself four
> >cards from that cards out...
>
> >Now, let's see.  I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
> >High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
>
> Tarots not allowed.
>

> >Oops, that puts me over 21.  Oh well, whose turn next?
>
> --
> Member - Liberal International  This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca

> God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!http://twitter.com/rootnl2khttp://www.facebook.com/dyadallee
> Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England UK- Hide quoted text -

solar penguin

Jan 4, 2011, 1:47:00 PM1/4/11

Mr.Smartypants wrote:

While you're waiting for a reply, why not join in the game yourself?
As you can see, it's a slightly non-standard variation of poker, but
you'll soon pick up the rules quite quickly.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 4, 2011, 3:50:50 PM1/4/11
> you'll soon pick up the rules quite quickly.-

o.K. I raise you a baker, a fishy, and a 3 of clubs.(I assume we're
using all the decks of cards mentioned)

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 5:19:59 PM1/4/11
In article <88bc539a-489d-4b60...@j1g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,

Your 3 7 of h .

>> >But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
>> >brought, I've got one of my own here. I'll just deal myself four
>> >cards from that cards out...
>> >
>> >Now, let's see. I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
>> >High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
>> >
>> >Oops, that puts me over 21. Oh well, whose turn next?
>>
>> Tarots not allowed.
>>

>Ok, that just leaves me Master Bun the Baker's Son. Hey, I'm back
>under 21. I'm back in the game again. But with only one card, it'll
>be hard for me to win this time...

How are you couting?

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 5:22:23 PM1/4/11
In article <5c50634e-f967-4c20...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>Mr.Smartypants wrote:

>ups.com>,

>groups.com>,

>aces

>> > No. =A0I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
>> > arithmetic. =A0There are 4 aces in a standard pack. =A0Two fours are
>> > eight. =A0So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a fou=

>> > decker.
>> >
>> > But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
>> > brought, I've got one of my own here. =A0I'll just deal myself four

>> > cards from that cards out...
>> >
>> > Now, let's see. =A0I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the

>> > High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
>> >
>> > Oops, that puts me over 21. =A0Oh well, whose turn next?-

>> Using a small child's deck of cards Yads raises you two pussycats and
>> a fishy.
>
>A fishy? Hey the bent pin must've worked!
>
>Ok, does anyone know if pussycats and fishy beats Master Bun?
>

>> Ooops, now Aggy will want in the game.

Asks Ag.

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 5:23:20 PM1/4/11
In article <09f1732e-e3d0-4f05...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:
>On Jan 4, 8:18=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269-bddc-791483671...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups=
>.com>,

>> solar penguin =A0<solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

>ps.com>,

>roups.com>,

>ces

>> >No. =A0I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
>> >arithmetic. =A0There are 4 aces in a standard pack. =A0Two fours are
>> >eight. =A0So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four

>> >decker.
>>
>> The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .
>>
>> Correct on how to get 8 aces.
>>

>WTF does any of that gibberish mean!!?
>

>> >But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
>> >brought, I've got one of my own here. =A0I'll just deal myself four

>> >cards from that cards out...
>>
>> >Now, let's see. =A0I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the

>> >High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
>>
>> Tarots not allowed.
>>

>> >Oops, that puts me over 21. =A0Oh well, whose turn next?
>>
>> --
>> Member - Liberal International =A0This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl=
>2k.ab.ca
>> God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist=

> rising!http://twitter.com/rootnl2khttp://www.facebook.com/dyadallee
>> Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England UK- Hide quoted text -

You can't count I see.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee

The Doctor

Jan 4, 2011, 5:26:56 PM1/4/11
In article <7ea03c88-cace-4a0d...@l22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,

solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>
>> On Jan 4, 8:18=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> > In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269-bddc-791483671...@w29g2000vba.googlegrou=
>ps.com>,

>oups.com>,

>egroups.com>,

> aces

>ur
>> >
>> > The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .
>> >
>> > Correct on how to get 8 aces.
>> >

>> WTF does any of that gibberish mean!!?
>>

>While you're waiting for a reply, why not join in the game yourself?
>As you can see, it's a slightly non-standard variation of poker, but
>you'll soon pick up the rules quite quickly.

I doubt that.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee

John Fleming

Jan 4, 2011, 9:05:37 PM1/4/11
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:16:07 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
desk in the scriptorium solar penguin
<solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $The Doctor wrote:
> $> In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
> $> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >
> $> >The Doctor wrote:
> $> >
> $> >> In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> $> >> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >> >
> $> >> >The Doctor wrote:
> $> >> >
> $> >> >> In article <b22e319f-80b3-4f39...@w2g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> $> >> >> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >> >> >
> $> >> >> >This poker lark is easy! Let's have another game.
> $> >> >> >
> $> >> >> >I'll start by bidding three of a kind: a seven of hearts, another
> $> >> >> >seven of hearts, and a third seven of hearts.
> $> >> >>
> $> >> >> How many deck are you playing with?
> $> >> >> --
> $> >> >
> $> >> >It's the same deck we used for the last game. The one with eight aces
> $> >>
> $> >> That is a 4 decker!!
> $> >> --
> $> >
> $> >No. I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
> $> >arithmetic. There are 4 aces in a standard pack. Two fours are
> $> >eight. So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
> $> >decker.
> $>
> $> The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .
> $>
> $> Correct on how to get 8 aces.
> $>
> $
> $So why did you say a 4 decker?
> $
> $> >
> $> >But if you're not happy playing with the non-standard deck you
> $> >brought, I've got one of my own here. I'll just deal myself four
> $> >cards from that cards out...
> $> >
> $> >Now, let's see. I'll start the bidding with: the Ace of Wands, the
> $> >High Priestess, Master Bun the Baker's Son, and Death.
> $> >
> $> >Oops, that puts me over 21. Oh well, whose turn next?
> $>
> $> Tarots not allowed.
> $>
> $
> $Ok, that just leaves me Master Bun the Baker's Son. Hey, I'm back
> $under 21. I'm back in the game again. But with only one card, it'll
> $be hard for me to win this time...

I guess the doctor won't be playing cards considering the
modern card deck is just the Tarot minus the major aracana
and four court cards.

Oh, and the suits get renamed -

Wands = Clubs
Cups = Hearts
Pentacles = Diamonds
Swords = Spades

--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O
And on that farm he had a genome E-I-E-I-O
With a SNP SNP here and a SNP SNP there,
Here a SNP, there a SNP, everywhere a SNP SNP
Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O

John Fleming

Jan 4, 2011, 9:14:29 PM1/4/11
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:47:00 -0800 (PST), while chained to a

<solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> $> On Jan 4, 8:18 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $> > In article <9800be7e-dff2-4269-bddc-791483671...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

> $> > solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> > >The Doctor wrote:
> $> >
> $> > >> In article <7c715a5a-3dc0-4bbd-acca-071bb25c0...@o4g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> $> > >> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >
> $> > >> >The Doctor wrote:
> $> >
> $> > >> >> In article <b22e319f-80b3-4f39-90aa-625bf0964...@w2g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> $> > >> >> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >
> $> > >> >> >This poker lark is easy!  Let's have another game.
> $> >
> $> > >> >> >I'll start by bidding three of a kind: a seven of hearts, another
> $> > >> >> >seven of hearts, and a third seven of hearts.
> $> >
> $> > >> >> How many deck are you playing with?
> $> > >> >> --
> $> >
> $> > >> >It's the same deck we used for the last game.  The one with eight aces
> $> >
> $> > >> That is a 4 decker!!
> $> > >> --
> $> >
> $> > >No.  I had assumed you could at least handle simple mental
> $> > >arithmetic.  There are 4 aces in a standard pack.  Two fours are
> $> > >eight.  So to get eight aces, we'd only need a double deck, not a four
> $> > >decker.
> $> >
> $> > The 4 are 4 c , 4s, 4h , 4d ; smae with the aces .
> $> >
> $> > Correct on how to get 8 aces.
> $> >
> $>
> $>
> $> WTF does any of that gibberish mean!!?
> $>
> $
> $While you're waiting for a reply, why not join in the game yourself?
> $As you can see, it's a slightly non-standard variation of poker, but
> $you'll soon pick up the rules quite quickly.

Fizzbin is a bit more fun.

solar penguin

Jan 5, 2011, 3:22:27 AM1/5/11

The Doctor wrote:

Well, looking at them more closely, two of them appear to be the 4 and
5 of hearts with extra hearts drawn on in red crayon.

But since that was the same deck you used for your opening raise of
two Aces, I'm not surprised. You're the only man I've ever met who
actually cheats at Mornington Crescent, something I hadn't even
thought was possible before.

> >> Tarots not allowed.
> >>

> >Ok, that just leaves me Master Bun the Baker's Son. Hey, I'm back
> >under 21. I'm back in the game again. But with only one card, it'll
> >be hard for me to win this time...
>
> How are you couting?

Couting? Is that "cutting" (as in cut the deck) or "counting" (as in
count up the points)?

solar penguin

Jan 5, 2011, 3:30:47 AM1/5/11

Mr.Smartypants wrote:

Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son. I guess you win
that hand.

The score so far: You 1. Me 1. Yads 0.

>(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)

Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
fundamentalist Christian prejudices. Or something.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 8:50:58 AM1/5/11
In article <7a9cfa29-e8a1-44de...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,

Counting as in points.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 8:51:35 AM1/5/11
In article <60e61dbd-ce0c-4e77...@s9g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,

solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>Mr.Smartypants wrote:

>groups.com>,

>legroups.com>,

>ooglegroups.com>,

>other

>ight aces

>re

>a four

>> > While you're waiting for a reply, why not join in the game yourself?
>> > As you can see, it's a slightly non-standard variation of poker, but
>> > you'll soon pick up the rules quite quickly.-
>>
>> o.K. I raise you a baker, a fishy, and a 3 of clubs.
>
>Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son. I guess you win
>that hand.
>
>The score so far: You 1. Me 1. Yads 0.
>
>>(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)
>
>Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
>fundamentalist Christian prejudices. Or something.

Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 5, 2011, 10:41:51 AM1/5/11
> fundamentalist Christian prejudices.  Or something.-

Then Dave can use the child's deck and we'll use all of them. Should
make the game more interesting and won't offend Dave overly much.

john smith

Jan 5, 2011, 10:54:08 AM1/5/11

"Mr.Smartypants" <bc...@canada.com> wrote in message

Where's the fun in that? ;-)

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 5, 2011, 11:05:36 AM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 8:54 am, "john smith" <the_johnsm...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com> wrote in message
> Where's the fun in that?  ;-)-

LOL!

solar penguin

Jan 5, 2011, 12:44:32 PM1/5/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <60e61dbd-ce0c-4e77...@s9g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> >

> >> o.K. I raise you a baker, a fishy, and a 3 of clubs.
> >
> >Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son. I guess you win
> >that hand.
> >
> >The score so far: You 1. Me 1. Yads 0.
> >
> >>(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)
> >
> >Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
> >fundamentalist Christian prejudices. Or something.
>
> Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?
> --

My rules? You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,
not me.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 5, 2011, 12:48:47 PM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 10:44 am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
> > In article <60e61dbd-ce0c-4e77-8d5b-2871da927...@s9g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,

> > solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son.  I guess you win
> > >that hand.
>
> > >The score so far: You 1.  Me 1.  Yads 0.

> > >Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
> > >fundamentalist Christian prejudices.  Or something.
>
> > Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?
> > --
>
> My rules?  You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,
> not me.-

Awww......we've only played a couple of hands and Yads is totally
confused already.

solar penguin

Jan 5, 2011, 12:56:17 PM1/5/11

The Doctor wrote:

I notice you don't deny cheating at Mornington Crescent, nor apologise
for it. Proud of it, are you?

For those reading this who don't remember that incident. see:
https://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.drwho/msg/6b2202267102b3ff?hl=en

(I'm still particularly sore about it because earlier in that very
same thread, I'd actually defended certain aspects of his trollish
behaviour, and he repaid me by cheating against me in the game! So
much for gratitude!)

> >> How are you couting?
> >
> >Couting? Is that "cutting" (as in cut the deck) or "counting" (as in
> >count up the points)?
>
> Counting as in points.
> --

I'm counting the obvious way, of course. Picture cards count ten,
everything else is its numerical value, except in special cases. How
did you think I was doing it?

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 5, 2011, 1:16:20 PM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 10:56 am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
> > In article <7a9cfa29-e8a1-44de-890b-dbc0aeebe...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,

> > solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For those reading this who don't remember that incident. see:https://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.drwho/msg/6b2202267102b3ff?h...

> (I'm still particularly sore about it because earlier in that very
> same thread, I'd actually defended certain aspects of his trollish
> behaviour, and he repaid me by cheating against me in the game!  So
> much for gratitude!)

Now we know why Yads wants our guns left at the door. He's probably
got a couple of kittycat cards up his sleeve and is waiting to bring
them into play when the pot is big enough.

> > >Couting?  Is that "cutting" (as in cut the deck) or "counting" (as in
> > >count up the points)?
>
> > Counting as in points.
> > --
>
> I'm counting the obvious way, of course.  Picture cards count ten,
> everything else is its numerical value, except in special cases.  How

> did you think I was doing it?- Hide quoted text -

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 3:53:17 PM1/5/11
In article <0d6ac705-bb18-4835...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:

>On Jan 5, 1:30=A0am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>legroups.com>,

>oglegroups.com>,

>.googlegroups.com>,

>another

> eight aces

> are

>t a four

>> > o.K. I raise you a baker, a fishy, and a 3 of clubs.
>>
>> Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son. =A0I guess you win
>> that hand.
>>
>> The score so far: You 1. =A0Me 1. =A0Yads 0.

>> >(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)
>>
>> Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
>> fundamentalist Christian prejudices. =A0Or something.-

>Then Dave can use the child's deck and we'll use all of them. Should
>make the game more interesting and won't offend Dave overly much.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 3:56:47 PM1/5/11
In article <Gu0Vo.39294$_t1....@newsfe07.ams2>,

Who knows.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 3:58:59 PM1/5/11
In article <1bfca8ad-db9f-4910...@g26g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

You brought in the Tarot cards.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 3:59:29 PM1/5/11
In article <72489ac0-1b05-4ccd...@v17g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:

>On Jan 5, 10:44=A0am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>> > In article <60e61dbd-ce0c-4e77-8d5b-2871da927...@s9g2000vby.googlegroup=
>s.com>,

>in

>> > Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?
>> > --
>>
>> My rules? =A0You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,

>> not me.-
>
>Awww......we've only played a couple of hands and Yads is totally
>confused already.

Let's see you comprehend the rules.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 4:00:33 PM1/5/11
In article <7605da97-b23d-41c4...@37g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:

>On Jan 5, 10:56=A0am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>> > In article <7a9cfa29-e8a1-44de-890b-dbc0aeebe...@k11g2000vbf.googlegrou=
>ps.com>,

>oups.com>,

>legroups.com>,

>oglegroups.com>,

>.googlegroups.com>,

>another

> eight aces

> are

>t a four

>> I notice you don't deny cheating at Mornington Crescent, nor apologise
>> for it. =A0Proud of it, are you?
>>
>> For those reading this who don't remember that incident. see:https://grou=

>ps.google.com/group/rec.arts.drwho/msg/6b2202267102b3ff?h...
>>
>> (I'm still particularly sore about it because earlier in that very
>> same thread, I'd actually defended certain aspects of his trollish
>> behaviour, and he repaid me by cheating against me in the game! =A0So

>> much for gratitude!)
>>

>Now we know why Yads wants our guns left at the door. He's probably
>got a couple of kittycat cards up his sleeve and is waiting to bring
>them into play when the pot is big enough.

>our

>, the

> it'll

>> > Counting as in points.
>> > --
>>
>> I'm counting the obvious way, of course. =A0Picture cards count ten,
>> everything else is its numerical value, except in special cases. =A0How

>> did you think I was doing it?- Hide quoted text -

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

solar penguin

Jan 5, 2011, 6:14:19 PM1/5/11

The Doctor wrote:

> >> My rules? =A0You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,
> >> not me.-
> >
> >Awww......we've only played a couple of hands and Yads is totally
> >confused already.
> >

> Let's see you comprehend the rules.
> --

He's probably comprehending them just fine. After all, he's in equal
first place, while you're last.

Whose turn is it to deal this time?

solar penguin

Jan 5, 2011, 6:27:19 PM1/5/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <1bfca8ad-db9f-4910...@g26g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?
> >> --
> >
> >My rules? You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,
> >not me.
>
> You brought in the Tarot cards.
> --

Yes, and when you ruled them out, I got rid of them. You can't say
fairer than that.

But if you're now allowing me to bring in my own Tarot cards, then
thanks. I'll think of you every time I see Major Arcanum number zero.

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 6:37:26 PM1/5/11

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2011, 6:38:17 PM1/5/11
In article <3bb56ba7-ad1f-4bfd...@j25g2000vbs.googlegroups.com>,

Just a regular deck of playing cards thank you.

john smith

Jan 5, 2011, 7:35:45 PM1/5/11

"solar penguin" <solar....@gmail.com> wrote in message

I've got a character called Major Arcana - he's a right hard-nosed, one-eyed
bastard!

John Fleming

Jan 5, 2011, 8:52:31 PM1/5/11
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:48:47 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <bc...@canada.com>
wrote:

> $On Jan 5, 10:44 am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> The Doctor wrote:
> $> > In article <60e61dbd-ce0c-4e77-8d5b-2871da927...@s9g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,

> $> > solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $>
> $> > >Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> $>
> $> > >> o.K. I raise you a baker, a fishy, and a 3 of clubs.
> $>
> $> > >Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son.  I guess you win
> $> > >that hand.
> $>
> $> > >The score so far: You 1.  Me 1.  Yads 0.
> $>
> $> > >>(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)
> $>
> $> > >Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
> $> > >fundamentalist Christian prejudices.  Or something.
> $>
> $> > Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?
> $> > --
> $>
> $> My rules?  You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,
> $> not me.-
> $
> $Awww......we've only played a couple of hands and Yads is totally
> $confused already.

Isn't that normal?

John Fleming

Jan 5, 2011, 8:52:31 PM1/5/11
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:27:19 -0800 (PST), while chained to a

<solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $The Doctor wrote:
> $> In article <1bfca8ad-db9f-4910...@g26g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

> $> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >
> $> >The Doctor wrote:
> $> >
> $> >> In article <60e61dbd-ce0c-4e77...@s9g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,

> $> >> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >> >
> $> >> >Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> $> >> >
> $> >> >>
> $> >> >> o.K. I raise you a baker, a fishy, and a 3 of clubs.
> $> >> >
> $> >> >Well, your full baker obviously beats my baker's son. I guess you win
> $> >> >that hand.
> $> >> >
> $> >> >The score so far: You 1. Me 1. Yads 0.
> $> >> >
> $> >> >>(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)
> $> >> >
> $> >> >Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
> $> >> >fundamentalist Christian prejudices. Or something.
> $> >>
> $> >> Are you certain you are understanding Penguin's rules?
> $> >> --
> $> >
> $> >My rules? You're the one who ruled that tarot cards weren't allowed,
> $> >not me.
> $>
> $> You brought in the Tarot cards.
> $> --
> $
> $Yes, and when you ruled them out, I got rid of them. You can't say
> $fairer than that.
> $
> $But if you're now allowing me to bring in my own Tarot cards, then
> $thanks. I'll think of you every time I see Major Arcanum number zero.

<grin>

Most appropriate. In the Waite deck, the card shows a young
man about to step off into space . . ..

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 6, 2011, 2:21:03 AM1/6/11
On Jan 5, 6:52 pm, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:48:47 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
> > $Awww......we'veonly played a couple of hands and Yads is totally

> > $confused already.
>
> Isn't that normal?
>
> --

Pretty much but I'm amazed it took two hands.

solar penguin

Jan 6, 2011, 5:01:07 AM1/6/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <605153ca-3e5d-49d7...@g26g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Let's see you comprehend the rules.
> >> --
> >
> >He's probably comprehending them just fine. After all, he's in equal
> >first place, while you're last.
> >
> >Whose turn is it to deal this time?
>
> You!

Ok. Here goes.

Ladies and gentlemen, faite votre jeu, faite tal attraction, faite
worse than death.

BTW I can't guarantee I've removed all the Tarot cards from the deck.
Most of them are gone, but there's a chance there may still be one or
two still left in there. I'm sure we can just treat them with a bit
of common sense if they do turn up. The Happy Families cards are
still in there, of course, so don't forget a complete Family beats any
other hand.

solar penguin

Jan 6, 2011, 5:06:35 AM1/6/11

solar penguin wrote:

> The Doctor wrote:
>
> > In article <605153ca-3e5d-49d7...@g26g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
> > solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > >Whose turn is it to deal this time?
> >
> > You!
>
> Ok. Here goes.
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, faite votre jeu, faite tal attraction, faite
> worse than death.

And I can't believe I managed to spell "faites" wrong three times in a
row!

Anyway, why does French have all these different endings that you
spell differently but are all pronounced exactly the same? Just spell
the last syllable of every word "uh" and you'd avoid a lot of
confusion...

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2011, 7:51:13 AM1/6/11
In article <z78Vo.67123$WK5....@newsfe28.ams2>,

Sounds like you got the Mr.SmartyPAnts card.

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2011, 7:53:05 AM1/6/11
In article <5v7ai6dmdjc48plj7...@4ax.com>,

Is he driving your tanker?

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2011, 7:54:56 AM1/6/11
In article <0412ab4f-0cde-425a...@fj8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

I see you dealt me a full house.

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2011, 7:55:21 AM1/6/11
In article <664861a9-c791-45ad...@v12g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,

solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>solar penguin wrote:
>
>> The Doctor wrote:

>> > You!
>>
>> Ok. Here goes.
>>
>> Ladies and gentlemen, faite votre jeu, faite tal attraction, faite
>> worse than death.
>>

>And I can't believe I managed to spell "faites" wrong three times in a
>row!
>
>Anyway, why does French have all these different endings that you
>spell differently but are all pronounced exactly the same? Just spell
>the last syllable of every word "uh" and you'd avoid a lot of
>confusion...

Besoin des lecons?

john smith

Jan 6, 2011, 12:35:11 PM1/6/11

"solar penguin" <solar....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alternately, if you can't spell the words, don't bother showing off in
French, eh? ;-)

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 6, 2011, 1:05:16 PM1/6/11
On Jan 5, 1:53 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <0d6ac705-bb18-4835-8efb-bb9d81d33...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

Now, now none of that. This is just a friendly card game.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 6, 2011, 1:07:15 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 5:54 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <0412ab4f-0cde-425a-b0c2-45cd7dd07...@fj8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> You!
>
> >Ok.  Here goes.
>
> >Ladies and gentlemen, faite votre jeu, faite tal attraction, faite
> >worse than death.
>
> >BTW I can't guarantee I've removed all the Tarot cards from the deck.
> >Most of them are gone, but there's a chance there may still be one or
> >two still left in there.  I'm sure we can just treat them with a bit
> >of common sense if they do turn up.  The Happy Families cards are
> >still in there, of course, so don't forget a complete Family beats any
> >other hand.
>
> I see you dealt me a full house.
> --

3 kitties and two moo-cows won't beat anything.

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2011, 5:28:47 PM1/6/11
In article <m3nVo.56511$oG7....@newsfe24.ams2>,

Bien non!

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2011, 5:30:00 PM1/6/11
In article <b65b9ebd-2fcb-4a5a...@n10g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bunghol...@lycos.com> wrote:
>On Jan 5, 1:53=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <0d6ac705-bb18-4835-8efb-bb9d81d33...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.=

>com>,
>>

>> Mr.Smartypants <b...@canada.com> wrote:
>e:
>te:
>oog=3D
>> >legroups.com>,

>.go=3D
>> >oglegroups.com>,

>yqb=3D
>> >.googlegroups.com>,

>s, =3D

>> >another

> with=3D

>> > eight aces

>o fours=3D
>> > are
>k, no=3D

>> >t a four

>f?

>ut

> win

>> >Then Dave can use the child's deck and we'll use all of them. Should
>> >make the game more interesting and won't offend Dave overly much.
>>
>> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypant=

>s .
>>
>> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
>> --
>

>Now, now none of that. This is just a friendly card game.

Clanging your cymbal I see.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 7, 2011, 3:20:27 AM1/7/11
On Jan 6, 3:30 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <b65b9ebd-2fcb-4a5a-98fd-fc48bcc9d...@n10g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

That doesn't make any sense.

solar penguin

Jan 7, 2011, 4:26:32 AM1/7/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <0412ab4f-0cde-425a...@fj8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> You!
> >
> >Ok. Here goes.
> >
> >Ladies and gentlemen, faite votre jeu, faite tal attraction, faite
> >worse than death.
> >
> >BTW I can't guarantee I've removed all the Tarot cards from the deck.
> >Most of them are gone, but there's a chance there may still be one or
> >two still left in there. I'm sure we can just treat them with a bit
> >of common sense if they do turn up. The Happy Families cards are
> >still in there, of course, so don't forget a complete Family beats any
> >other hand.
> >

> I see you dealt me a full house.

I've got a housey from the child's deck, and filled it with the Queen
of Hearts, the Jack of Clubs, the King of Clubs, and Miss Drag the
Crossdresser's Son.

So we've each got a full house, which means...

SNAP!

I said it first! I win!

The Doctor

Jan 7, 2011, 10:13:21 AM1/7/11
In article <9fd8a479-c8f0-4f65...@o23g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bunghol...@lycos.com> wrote:
>On Jan 6, 3:30=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <b65b9ebd-2fcb-4a5a-98fd-fc48bcc9d...@n10g2000yqd.googlegroups=

>.com>,
>>

>> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:
>ps.=3D

>> >com>,

>e:
> wrot=3D
>> >e:
>) wro=3D
>> >te:
>a.g=3D
>> >oog=3D3D

>yqd=3D
>> >.go=3D3D

>000=3D
>> >yqb=3D3D

>ame.

>art=3D
>> >s, =3D3D

>e one=3D
>> > with=3D3D

>menta=3D
>=3D3DA0Tw=3D
>> >o fours=3D3D
>e dec=3D
>> >k, no=3D3D

>sel=3D
>> >f?
>, b=3D

>> >ut

>s you=3D
>> > win

>'s

>ant=3D

>> >s .

>> >Now, now none of that. This is just a friendly card game.
>>
>> Clanging your cymbal I see.
>> --
>

>That doesn't make any sense.

Just like the rules of this game.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

The Doctor

Jan 7, 2011, 10:14:00 AM1/7/11

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 7, 2011, 1:42:20 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 2:26 am, solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
> > In article <0412ab4f-0cde-425a-b0c2-45cd7dd07...@fj8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

> > solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Ok.  Here goes.
>
> > >Ladies and gentlemen, faite votre jeu, faite tal attraction, faite
> > >worse than death.
>
> > >BTW I can't guarantee I've removed all the Tarot cards from the deck.
> > >Most of them are gone, but there's a chance there may still be one or
> > >two still left in there.  I'm sure we can just treat them with a bit
> > >of common sense if they do turn up.  The Happy Families cards are
> > >still in there, of course, so don't forget a complete Family beats any
> > >other hand.
>
> > I see you dealt me a full house.
>
> I've got a housey from the child's deck, and filled it with the Queen
> of Hearts, the Jack of Clubs, the King of Clubs, and Miss Drag the
> Crossdresser's Son.
>
> So we've each got a full house, which means...
>
> SNAP!
>
> I said it first!  I win!-

I'd check the rules of the game if there were any so in the absence of
that, you are indeed the winner. The pot is your's.

Well played my friend.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 7, 2011, 1:43:10 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 8:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <e78df3c2-e34c-4522-9e66-cbcf4225a...@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> I see you dealt me a full house.
>
> >I've got a housey from the child's deck, and filled it with the Queen
> >of Hearts, the Jack of Clubs, the King of Clubs, and Miss Drag the
> >Crossdresser's Son.
>
> >So we've each got a full house, which means...
>
> >SNAP!
>
> >I said it first!  I win!
>
> Sorry draw!!
> --

We didn't say "SNAP!", so the pot goes to SP.

John Fleming

Jan 7, 2011, 11:14:45 PM1/7/11
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:05:16 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
<bunghol...@lycos.com> wrote:
> [...]

> $> >> that hand.
> $>
> $> >> The score so far: You 1. =A0Me 1. =A0Yads 0.
> $>
> $> >> >(I assume we're using all the decks of cards mentioned)
> $>
> $> >> Apparently not the Tarot, since the evil magic seems to offend Dave's
> $> >> fundamentalist Christian prejudices. =A0Or something.-
> $>
> $> >Then Dave can use the child's deck and we'll use all of them. Should
> $> >make the game more interesting and won't offend Dave overly much.
> $>
> $> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .
> $>
> $> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
> $
> $Now, now none of that. This is just a friendly card game.

Though as the Kenny Rogers song goes -

You have to know when to hold them
Know when to fold them
Know when to walk away
Know when to run.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 8, 2011, 1:34:41 AM1/8/11

I don't think Yads is familiar with any of those rules.

solar penguin

Jan 8, 2011, 3:59:32 AM1/8/11

The Doctor wrote:

Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." Everything that
followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 7:10:21 AM1/8/11
In article <i3pfi69fhpukchao4...@4ax.com>,

Ever saw the movies?

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 7:13:01 AM1/8/11
In article <e9b0d40c-1d04-48ae...@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> [...]

>> > $> >Then Dave can use the child's deck and we'll use all of them. Shoul=

>> > $> >make the game more interesting and won't offend Dave overly much.
>> > $>
>> > $> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smart=

>ypants .
>> > $>
>> > $> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
>> > $
>> > $Now, now none of that. This is just a friendly card game.
>>
>> Though as the Kenny Rogers song goes -
>>
>> =A0 =A0 =A0You have to know when to hold them
>> =A0 =A0 =A0Know when to fold them
>> =A0 =A0 =A0Know when to walk away
>> =A0 =A0 =A0Know when to run.

>> --
>
>I don't think Yads is familiar with any of those rules.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

You have never heard of the Samson option.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 7:14:32 AM1/8/11
In article <80878302-3e57-4982...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.

solar penguin

Jan 8, 2011, 8:32:49 AM1/8/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <80878302-3e57-4982...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Just like the rules of this game.
> >>

> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." Everything that
> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.
> >

> Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.
> --

Yes, so deal me lots and lots of them please. It's your turn to deal,
after all.

solar penguin

Jan 8, 2011, 8:37:17 AM1/8/11

The Doctor wrote:

> >On Jan 7, 9:14 pm, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Though as the Kenny Rogers song goes -
> >>

> >> You have to know when to hold them

> >> Know when to fold them
> >> Know when to walk away

> >> Know when to run.
> >>
> >> --
> >
> >I don't think Yads is familiar with any of those rules.
>

> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .
>
> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
>
> You have never heard of the Samson option.
> --

That's the option where your opponent isn't allowed to to have a full
house because you've knocked the pillars down.

John Fleming

Jan 8, 2011, 10:10:54 AM1/8/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 05:37:17 -0800 (PST), while chained to a

<solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> $The Doctor wrote:
> $> In article <e9b0d40c-1d04-48ae...@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> $> Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:
> $> >On Jan 7, 9:14 pm, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> $> >>
> $> >> Though as the Kenny Rogers song goes -
> $> >>
> $> >> You have to know when to hold them
> $> >> Know when to fold them
> $> >> Know when to walk away
> $> >> Know when to run.
> $> >
> $> >I don't think Yads is familiar with any of those rules.
> $>
> $> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .
> $>
> $> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
> $>
> $> You have never heard of the Samson option.
> $
> $That's the option where your opponent isn't allowed to to have a full
> $house because you've knocked the pillars down.

Just remember, he has to have his hair cut and his eyes
poked out first.

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 8, 2011, 11:47:32 AM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 5:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Just like the rules of this game.
>
> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces."  Everything that
> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.
>
> Oh!  Aces are powerful in poker.
> --

Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?

John Fleming

Jan 8, 2011, 12:40:26 PM1/8/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:32 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
wrote:
> $On Jan 8, 5:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> $> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $> >The Doctor wrote:
> $>
> $> >> In article <9fd8a479-c8f0-4f65-9113-ee3cdea29...@o23g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> $> >> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:
> $> >> >On Jan 6, 3:30=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $>
> $> >> >> Clanging your cymbal I see.
> $> >> >> --
> $>
> $> >> >That doesn't make any sense.
> $>
> $> >> Just like the rules of this game.
> $>
> $> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
> $> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces."  Everything that
> $> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.
> $>
> $> Oh!  Aces are powerful in poker.
> $
> $Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?

I would have been more impressed if he'd started with
something like, "I see your T-shirt, and raise you a pair of
jeans and a bra."

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 4:10:50 PM1/8/11
In article <17f53d35-39a7-41e7...@k25g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,

I will deall you and MSP all lows.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 4:11:19 PM1/8/11
In article <c0262867-b0db-4d30...@l22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,

And let the roof cavein.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 4:11:52 PM1/8/11
In article <8ivgi6l0kceoof9ln...@4ax.com>,

You forgot one more step.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 4:13:25 PM1/8/11
In article <111b74e8-442c-407b...@s9g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:
>On Jan 8, 5:14=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups=
>.com>,

>> solar penguin =A0<solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

>ups.com>,

>> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
>> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." =A0Everything that

>> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.
>>
>> Oh! =A0Aces are powerful in poker.

>> --
>

>Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 4:14:28 PM1/8/11
In article <pe7hi6pvhrdp67rq0...@4ax.com>,

Careto jokemaster that?

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 8, 2011, 5:47:33 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 10:40 am, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:32 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>

When Yads starts taking off his clothing that's when I quit the game!

solar penguin

Jan 8, 2011, 6:22:22 PM1/8/11

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <17f53d35-39a7-41e7...@k25g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.
> >> --
> >
> >Yes, so deal me lots and lots of them please. It's your turn to deal,
> >after all.
>
> I will deall you and MSP all lows.
> --

Cheating again, Davey-boy...?

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 7:32:26 PM1/8/11
In article <b4af4bc3-ad6b-45de...@d1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:

>On Jan 8, 10:40=A0am, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:32 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
>> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > $On Jan 8, 5:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> > $> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.googleg=

>roups.com>,
>> > $> solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > $> >The Doctor wrote:
>> > $>
>> > $> >> In article <9fd8a479-c8f0-4f65-9113-ee3cdea29...@o23g2000prh.goog=

>legroups.com>,
>> > $> >> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:
>> > $> >> >On Jan 6, 3:30=3DA0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wro=
>te:

>> > $>
>> > $> >> >> Clanging your cymbal I see.
>> > $> >> >> --
>> > $>
>> > $> >> >That doesn't make any sense.
>> > $>
>> > $> >> Just like the rules of this game.
>> > $>
>> > $> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you c=

>an
>> > $> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." Everything that
>> > $> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.
>> > $>
>> > $> Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.
>> > $
>> > $Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?
>>
>> I would have been more impressed if he'd started with
>> something like, "I see your T-shirt, and raise you a pair of
>> jeans and a bra."
>>
>> --
>
>When Yads starts taking off his clothing that's when I quit the game!

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 7:33:57 PM1/8/11

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 8, 2011, 8:00:26 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 5:33 pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <bfd734c3-bdfe-4016-9b4f-e9b56e39a...@l7g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>,

> solar penguin  <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> I will deall you and MSP all lows.
> >> --
>
> >Cheating again, Davey-boy...?
>
> Not at all.
> --

said the card cheat as he slipped a couple of kittycat cards up his
sleeve.

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2011, 8:27:17 PM1/8/11
In article <0658efe4-92f4-48ec...@g26g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bc...@canada.com> wrote:
>On Jan 8, 5:33=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <bfd734c3-bdfe-4016-9b4f-e9b56e39a...@l7g2000vbv.googlegroups.=
>com>,

>> solar penguin =A0<solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

>ups.com>,

>groups.com>,

>glegroups.com>,

>ote:

>can

>that

>al,

>> >Cheating again, Davey-boy...?
>>
>> Not at all.
>> --
>
>said the card cheat as he slipped a couple of kittycat cards up his
>sleeve.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

John Fleming

Jan 8, 2011, 8:55:15 PM1/8/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:47:33 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
wrote:
> $On Jan 8, 10:40 am, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> $> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:32 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
> $> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
> $> wrote:
> $> > $On Jan 8, 5:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $> > $> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> $> > $> solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> $> > $> >The Doctor wrote:
> $> > $>
> $> > $> >> In article <9fd8a479-c8f0-4f65-9113-ee3cdea29...@o23g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> $> > $> >> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:

> $> > $> >> >On Jan 6, 3:30=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $> > $>
> $> > $> >> >> Clanging your cymbal I see.
> $> > $> >> >> --
> $> > $>

> $> > $> >> >That doesn't make any sense.
> $> > $>
> $> > $> >> Just like the rules of this game.
> $> > $>
> $> > $> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
> $> > $> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." Everything that
> $> > $> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.

> $> > $>
> $> > $> Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.
> $> > $
> $> > $Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?
> $>
> $> I would have been more impressed if he'd started with
> $> something like, "I see your T-shirt, and raise you a pair of
> $> jeans and a bra."
> $
> $When Yads starts taking off his clothing that's when I quit the game!

Well, this kind of poker is a lot more fun when played with
a bevy of buxom beauties. ;)

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 8, 2011, 10:48:29 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 6:55 pm, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:47:33 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>

Yeh!! As long as they get losing hands all the time.

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2011, 8:54:00 AM1/9/11
In article <j85ii610h7pueslj4...@4ax.com>,

John's favourite card game must be strip poker.

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2011, 8:57:52 AM1/9/11
In article <b950797c-048b-49c0...@s5g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Mr.Smartypants <bunghol...@lycos.com> wrote:

>On Jan 8, 6:55=A0pm, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:47:33 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
>> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > $On Jan 8, 10:40 am, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
>> > $> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:32 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
>> > $> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
>> > $> wrote:
>> > $> > $On Jan 8, 5:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> > $> > $> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.go=

>oglegroups.com>,
>> > $> > $> solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > $> > $> >The Doctor wrote:
>> > $> > $>
>> > $> > $> >> In article <9fd8a479-c8f0-4f65-9113-ee3cdea29...@o23g2000prh=

>.googlegroups.com>,
>> > $> > $> >> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:
>> > $> > $> >> >On Jan 6, 3:30=3DA0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor=

>) wrote:
>> > $> > $>
>> > $> > $> >> >> Clanging your cymbal I see.
>> > $> > $> >> >> --
>> > $> > $>
>> > $> > $> >> >That doesn't make any sense.
>> > $> > $>
>> > $> > $> >> Just like the rules of this game.
>> > $> > $>
>> > $> > $> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that =
>you can
>> > $> > $> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." Everything=

> that
>> > $> > $> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.
>> > $> > $>
>> > $> > $> Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.
>> > $> > $
>> > $> > $Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?
>> > $>
>> > $> I would have been more impressed if he'd started with
>> > $> something like, "I see your T-shirt, and raise you a pair of
>> > $> jeans and a bra."
>> > $
>> > $When Yads starts taking off his clothing that's when I quit the game!
>>
>> Well, this kind of poker is a lot more fun when played with
>> a bevy of buxom beauties. ;)
>>
>> --
>
>Yeh!! As long as they get losing hands all the time.

Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .

Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.

I rather you have the losing hand in strip poker.

pippa.moran

Jan 9, 2011, 10:10:58 AM1/9/11

The Doctor wrote:

> Lies chronic liar and satanic illuminati anti-Semitic bigot Mr.Smartypants .
>
> Mr.SmartyPAnts is a luser lurker stalker.
>
> I rather you have the losing hand in strip poker.
> --

You want to see MSP naked? Is this so you can indulge your fantasy of
smearing red paint over him and putting him in a nappy?

On second thoughts, don't answer that. I'm probably better off not
knowing....

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2011, 10:13:22 AM1/9/11
In article <43e39e3e-b71d-4058...@f9g2000vbq.googlegroups.com>,

First let the ladies decide!

Mr.Smartypants

Jan 9, 2011, 10:56:19 AM1/9/11
On Jan 9, 6:57 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <b950797c-048b-49c0-aaaa-b881b5a02...@s5g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

so you can get a look at my package?

John Fleming

Jan 9, 2011, 11:38:12 AM1/9/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 19:48:29 -0800 (PST), while chained to a

<bunghol...@lycos.com> wrote:
> $On Jan 8, 6:55 pm, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> $> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:47:33 -0800 (PST), while chained to a

> $> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
> $> wrote:
> $> > $On Jan 8, 10:40 am, John Fleming <nos...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> $> > $> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:32 -0800 (PST), while chained to a
> $> > $> desk in the scriptorium "Mr.Smartypants" <b...@canada.com>
> $> > $> wrote:
> $> > $> > $On Jan 8, 5:14 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $> > $> > $> In article <80878302-3e57-4982-ac18-12c9ffda8...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> $> > $> > $> solar penguin <solar.peng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> $> > $> > $> >The Doctor wrote:
> $> > $> > $>
> $> > $> > $> >> In article <9fd8a479-c8f0-4f65-9113-ee3cdea29...@o23g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> $> > $> > $> >> Mr.Smartypants <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:

> $> > $> > $> >> >On Jan 6, 3:30=A0pm, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> $> > $> > $>
> $> > $> > $> >> >> Clanging your cymbal I see.
> $> > $> > $> >> >> --

> $> > $> > $>
> $> > $> > $> >> >That doesn't make any sense.
> $> > $> > $>
> $> > $> > $> >> Just like the rules of this game.
> $> > $> > $>
> $> > $> > $> >Well, _you're_ the one who invented the nonsensical rule that you can
> $> > $> > $> >place an opening bid of "raise you a pair of Aces." Everything that
> $> > $> > $> >followed has been as sensible as a dictionary in comparison.

> $> > $> > $>
> $> > $> > $> Oh! Aces are powerful in poker.
> $> > $> > $
> $> > $> > $Yes and when has *anyone* except you ever used them as a bet?
> $> > $>
> $> > $> I would have been more impressed if he'd started with
> $> > $> something like, "I see your T-shirt, and raise you a pair of
> $> > $> jeans and a bra."

> $> > $
> $> > $When Yads starts taking off his clothing that's when I quit the game!
> $>
> $> Well, this kind of poker is a lot more fun when played with
> $> a bevy of buxom beauties. ;)
> $
> $Yeh!! As long as they get losing hands all the time.

As a general rule, only one person is going to win any
single hand of poker. So even if they win a few, it won't
be long before they are all in a state of undress.

It is loading more messages.