Google Groups mess up ASCII artworks when I want to share them! :(

Ant

Apr 10, 2023, 6:00:50 PM4/10/23
Boo.
--
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." --Colossians 2:6. Slammy Easter weekend and maybe new week. :(
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Computer Nerd Kev

Apr 10, 2023, 6:55:20 PM4/10/23
It's pretty hard to tell what your problem is given that you're not
posting with Google Groups and your recent replies here quoting
ASCII art display fine for me.

If you're sending links to people then why not just send them the
artwork text directly? If their Email client doesn't use a
fixed-width font to display plain text, or you're one of those
HTML-obsessed email writers, then use HTML and put "<pre> </pre>"
tags around it. Or convert it to an image if you must.

Anyway a solution to Google Groups messing up the display of ASCII
art was actually posted recently in comp.arch.embedded. See:
Subject: Improved display in Google Groups

It involves installing this browser extension then setting up a
custom style sheet using it:
https://github.com/openstyles/stylus

Probably not something you'll get other people to do. But then why
would you send them links to Google Groups to share ASCII art in
the first place?

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Ant

Apr 11, 2023, 1:06:02 AM4/11/23
Viewing them in like https://groups.google.com/g/alt.ascii-art/c/aCPkwsUy8P4 thread.
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." --Colossians 2:6. Slammy Easter weekend and new week so far. :(

Tavis Ormandy

Apr 11, 2023, 9:28:47 AM4/11/23
On 2023-04-10, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> Anyway a solution to Google Groups messing up the display of ASCII
> art was actually posted recently in comp.arch.embedded. See:
> Subject: Improved display in Google Groups

FYI, if you use uBO you can just add a filter like this in "My Filters":

groups.google.com##div[role="region"]:style(white-space: pre!important; font-family: monospace)
groups.google.com##div[role="region"] > br:style(display: none!important)

Tavis.

--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
/\\ _o) _o) $ finger tav...@sdf.org