3TB drive cannot access

boobies

Sep 16, 2013, 5:18:31 PM9/16/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
I've fitted a Toshiba DT 3TB drive into my DNS-323. I previously had two Samsung 500GB models. In Status two mounted systems. If Folders I can copy files from the 500GB to the 3TB and it's showing

/mnt/sdb2/drive0/Public/RW/TV Series on the 3TB. So it's working.

But I cannot see the files in Windows explorer. I have enabled Samba

I can see the files on the 500GB in Windows \\dns-323, but when I click on public 1 it cannot access it.

It's probably a user or permission setting or something simple?

SDA is 500GB, SDB is 3TB

drive0 root root rwxr-xr-x
  Public root root rwxr-xr-x
   RO root root rwxr-xr-x
   RW nobody nobody rwxrwxrwx
    TV Series stephen users rwxrwxrwx
  Users root root rwxr-xr-x

sdb2 root root rwxr-xr-x
  drive0 root root rwxr-xr-x
   Public root root rwxr-xr-x
    RW root root rwxrwxrwx
     TV Series root root rwxrwxrwx
   Users root root rwxr-xr-x

The only thing I see a difference is 500GB has a label, 3TB hasn't in "file systems"

They are slightly different but will that be effecting why I cannot browse the 3TB drive?

João Cardoso

Sep 17, 2013, 9:54:11 AM9/17/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

Try reading https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt-f/fnEJP0AgCk8/lc6R7vYx0YUJ or one of the top posted topics "cannot see files in Windows"