ProductGroups or product.groups

Phillip Hoffmann

Nov 15, 2022, 12:31:14 PM11/15/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Nov 16, 2022, 4:51:55 AM11/16/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/kVMw1evqzhQ) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Cheers,
James
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Nov 17, 2022, 1:39:43 AM11/17/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/kVMw1evqzhQ) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Cheers,
Michael Angelo
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Nov 17, 2022, 4:02:21 AM11/17/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from Google Ads scripts support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Would you be able to share to us the below details so we could check on your concern?

  • Google Ads account ID / CID where the script is implemented
  • Scriptname
  • Shareable link to the spreadsheet used (if applicable)
  • Screenshot of the issue

You may send the requested details privately via "Reply to Author" button. If that option won't work for you, you may send it directly to our support alias googleadsscr...@google.com instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gPn7N:ref

Phillip Hoffmann

Dec 8, 2022, 2:50:50 AM12/8/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
642-177-7408

    aStr_searchGroup.forEach(function(str_searchGroup){
      const obj_productGroupIterator = AdsApp.productGroups()
      .withCondition(  "productGroup  LIKE '" + str_searchGroup + "'")
      .withCondition( "campaign.status != REMOVED" )
      .get();

according to migration guide it should become

    aStr_searchGroup.forEach(function(str_searchGroup){
      const obj_productGroupIterator = AdsApp.productGroups()
      .withCondition(  "product.group  LIKE '" + str_searchGroup + "'")
      .withCondition( "campaign.status != REMOVED" )
      .get();

neither is working.

the script is called "produktgruppen ausschließen"

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Dec 12, 2022, 2:26:45 AM12/12/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Philip,

James here, also a member of the Google Ads scripts support team. Allow me to assist you further.

I confirm that the given code snippets will still work. I said this because we've tried to implement the new version via backwards compatibility, but we can't guarantee every script that utilizes the legacy fields will work, so definitely take some time to confirm yourself. Therefore, I highly recommend that you use the migrated code within your script to ensure continued functionality.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gPn7N:ref

Phillip Hoffmann

Jun 13, 2023, 11:42:54 AM6/13/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
It's not working. Still not documented and the migration guide doesnt help either

Phillip Hoffmann

Jun 13, 2023, 11:49:02 AM6/13/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
its not working.

Phillip Hoffmann

Jun 15, 2023, 9:12:18 AM6/15/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
No, they dont work and the migration guide doesnt work either.

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Jul 11, 2023, 2:09:05 AM7/11/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/kVMw1evqzhQ) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Regards,
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Jul 11, 2023, 2:22:23 AM7/11/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Philip,

Please excuse us for only getting back now as your message failed to be routed to our support queue.

I'm afraid that filtering using the field ProductGroup is not possible as it has been deprecated as per this link <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/mapping#product_partition>. I would recommend to make use of the field `product_group_view.resource_name` <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v14/product_group_view#product_group_view.resource_name> instead. Kindly note that it should have the format 'customers/{customer_id}/productGroupViews/{adgroup_id}~{criterion_id}'.

Let us know how it goes on your end. If you still encounter any issues, it would be much appreciated if you could provide the following information below:
  • Name of the script in the account
  • Screenshot of the error
  • Navigation steps to where the entity you're aiming to retrieve is located in the Google Ads UI
You may send these privately via the Reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available on your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

Best regards,
Google Ads Scripts Team