AdsApp VideoCampaign SetNetwork not implemented

Frank Xiao

Aug 4, 2022, 11:18:26 PM8/4/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello everyone,

After enabling the New Scripts Experience option, we're getting errors when we try to set network for a video campaign. The specific function is this: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/reference/adsapp/adsapp_videocampaign#setNetworks_1

The error we're getting is something like this:

8/4/2022 3:10:27 PM
Error: Not implemented yet. at aE.setNetworks (adsapp_compiled:15856:11) at Object.<anonymous> (adsapp_compiled:18605:54)

The custom function calling the setNetworks, which the red line triggers the error above:

function setVideoCampaignNetworks(campaign) {
    networkLists = ["YOUTUBE_SEARCH", "YOUTUBE_VIDEO"]
    try {
        campaign.setNetworks(networkLists);
    } catch(err) {
        Logger.log("Not able to set the campaign's network correctly " + campaign.getName() +  ": " + err);
    }
}

And the campaign passed in above is one from the iterator retrieved using AdsApp.videoCampaigns().get():
var campaignIterator = AdsApp.videoCampaigns()
.withCondition('campaign.name = "' + campaignName + '"')
.get();

In the Google Scripts UI, both setNetworks() and getNetworks() appear in the autofill prompt window for the videoCampaign. But both cause the error "not implemented yet".

Is there any workaround on this? Do we have a timeline on when will the function be added?

Thank you.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 5, 2022, 4:29:18 AM8/5/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Frank,

I’m James from the Google Ads scripts support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Can you please provide us with the following details below so that we can further investigate?

  • Google Ads account ID / CID
  • Script name

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dHgeH:ref

Frank Xiao

Aug 9, 2022, 10:26:02 AM8/9/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Sure thing.

The account ID: 116-876-3872
Script with the issue singled out: YouTube Script (copy for testing)

It's not the original script. The functions causing the issue are singled out in the main() method for testing purpose (line 83 & 84). There's an account id hardcoded (line 69), but if the code runs, then it shouldn't do any harm, so feel free to run the script as is.

Let me know if you find anything.
Thank you.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 10, 2022, 2:31:43 AM8/10/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Frank,

Yasmin here. I work alongside James in the Google Ads Scripts team. I'll provide assistance for the time being as James is currently out of office.

I checked the script on my end and can confirm that the issue is reproducible. With this, allow me to raise it to the team in order to be further investigated. Rest assured that one of the members of our team will update this thread once we hear back from them.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dHgeH:ref

Frank Xiao

Aug 17, 2022, 9:43:41 AM8/17/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello Yasmin,

Is there any update on the fix?

Thank you.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 17, 2022, 1:43:50 PM8/17/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your patience on this. We do not have any new information at the moment. However, I have requested an update, and we will relay new info on this thread as soon as we can.

Regards,

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dHgeH:ref

Frank Xiao

Nov 7, 2022, 3:49:29 PM11/7/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello,

Any update on the setter?

Frank Xiao

May 22, 2023, 10:41:57 AM5/22/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Has the method been fixed?

Markus Hoffmann

May 23, 2023, 6:08:53 AM5/23/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
sadly a bad joke,
we are at a point of no return to the old script expereince, and so many functions are "not implemented yet"...

two of them
getNetworks / setNetworks :(

@google support: Would you please be so kind and reenable the old experience as long as you obviously are not ready with the new one?!

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Jun 2, 2023, 5:00:12 AM6/2/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/Lp7aw_X0z6U) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Regards,
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 2, 2023, 5:12:26 AM6/2/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

As for getting back to the legacy version of Google Ads Scripts, please do note that the new script experience would be the default version of the said tool, moving forward. That said, I'm afraid we do not have any updates to share yet. Allow me to follow up on the issue and communicate your insights, and our team will get back soon as we hear anything from our wider team.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dHgeH:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team