GoogleAdsService.Search failed New Experience Reports Error

fb0

Sep 8, 2022, 10:13:32 AM9/8/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi there,

I’m unexpectedly getting the below error on a couple of scheduled reports (using the new experience) since this week only (reports were working fine last week).

Exception: Call to GoogleAdsService.Search failed: The request took too long to respond

Below is the new experience reporting query, where  “dateRangeAPI” is a variable replaced with preset date ranges like “LAST_7_DAYS” ….

Could you please check & advise as soon as possible as it’s an essential weekly report I need access to?

        "SELECT campaign.name, campaign.status, campaign.bidding_strategy_type, campaign.maximize_conversions.target_cpa_micros, metrics.cost_micros, metrics.conversions, metrics.cost_per_conversion, metrics.all_conversions_value, metrics.clicks, metrics.impressions, metrics.ctr, metrics.conversions_from_interactions_rate, customer.descriptive_name, customer.resource_name " +

       "FROM campaign " +

       "WHERE segments.date DURING " + dateRangeAPI + " " +

       "AND campaign.bidding_strategy_type = 'MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS' " +

       "AND campaign.name NOT REGEXP_MATCH '.* Rem' " +

       "AND campaign.status = 'ENABLED'");

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 9, 2022, 12:54:36 AM9/9/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I’m James from the Google Ads scripts support team. Thank you for raising your concern to us.

Could you please provide us with the following details below so that we can check your issue first?

  • Google Ads account ID / CID
  • Name of the script wherein the given GAQL query is implemented

Also, have you tried to execute your script multiple times? If yes, are you consistently experiencing the said error?

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dwllc:ref

fb0

Sep 9, 2022, 6:16:13 AM9/9/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi James,

Thanks for your prompt reply, that’s:
  • CID: 151-699-9172
  • Script Name: Rapport Max Conversions+-
This script is scheduled to run daily, it successfully ran this morning, so this could be a temporary bug (when it last failed last Tuesday morning).

Could you please still have a look to make sure no further issues occur in future?

Many thanks in advance

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 12, 2022, 2:17:15 AM9/12/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us and for providing us the needed information.

Upon checking the Rapport Max Conversions+- script, it appears that you are utilizing spreadsheets. So that we can further investigate, replicate and check, and have a clear understanding of the issue, kindly provide us with the shareable link (guide) of your spreadsheet. You may also opt to attach the file as CSV on your next response.

Please send the requested detail privately by the `Reply privately to author` option. If the said option is not available on your end, you may send those through the email alias googleadsscr...@google.com instead.

You may also include in your next response your observations of the script if it continuously encounter the error.

Best Regards,

Google Logo
Angel Maia
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dwllc:ref

fb0

Sep 20, 2022, 6:39:06 AM9/20/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Angel, Many thanks, I’ve just emailed you with a shared link for the spreadsheet where the report is written onto. As got another error this morning

On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 07:17:15 UTC+1 adsscripts wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us and for providing us the needed information.

Upon checking the Rapport Max Conversions+- script, it appears that you are utilizing spreadsheets. So that we can further investigate, replicate and check, and have a clear understanding of the issue, kindly provide us with the shareable link (guide) of your spreadsheet. You may also opt to attach the file as CSV on your next response.

Please send the requested detail privately by the `Reply privately to author` option. If the said option is not available on your end, you may send those through the email alias googleadsscripts-sup...@google.com instead.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2022, 2:46:21 AM9/21/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I took a closer look at your script and I observed that your script implementation is fine. Having said that, can you please try to re-create and re-authorize your script, then let me know if you will still experience the same error / issue?

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dwllc:ref

fb0

Sep 22, 2022, 4:29:54 AM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi James,

Many thanks, I’ve recreated & re-authorized the script, working fine so far, will feedback in a few days time so we can close this up if this was just a matter of script authorization issues.

fb0

Sep 27, 2022, 4:48:55 AM9/27/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi there,

this could be related to a more wider issue, as after re-creating and authorizing it in a new script instance, still got the below issue with the scheduled run of the report this morning (the report failed)

27/09/2022 09:35:43    Exception: Call to GoogleAdsService.Search failed: The request took too long to respond.
    at adsmanagerapp_compiled:3303:130
    at adsmanagerapp_compiled:3314:9
    at za (adsmanagerapp_compiled:324:15)
    at Object.search (adsmanagerapp_compiled:333:20)
    at Hi.search (adsmanagerapp_compiled:3414:35)
    at qi.search (adsmanagerapp_compiled:3010:19)
    at si.search (adsmanagerapp_compiled:3101:19)
    at zi.search (adsmanagerapp_compiled:3191:19)
    at Lb (adsmanagerapp_compiled:701:11)
    at Lb.next (<anonymous>)

Could you please investigate further as it's quite annoying I need to manually rerun the script to make it work and am currently unable to rely on the scheduled feature?

Many thanks

David

fb0

Oct 10, 2022, 5:41:32 AM10/10/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello,

Can anyone follow up on my last update, I got a similar

09:46:25    Exception: Call to GoogleAdsService.Search failed: Null response from Google Ads API

in another different script this morning.
Please advise if this is something your team is already addressing or aware of.

Thanks in advance
Davi

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Jan 17, 2023, 3:16:08 AM1/17/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/8RavXWeEDuk) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Regards,
Yasmin
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jan 17, 2023, 5:24:12 AM1/17/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Davi,

Please excuse us for getting back just now as your messages had failed to be routed to our support queue. This is Yasmin from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing this error on your end? I'd appreciate it if you could provide the name of the script in which you are encountering this error in as well as a screenshot of the error in the event that you still would so we're able to further investigate it on our end and assist you. Kindly send it via `Reply privately to author` option. If the said option is not available on your end, you may send those through the email alias `googleadsscr...@google.com` instead.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle