Script to update multiple campaign budgets monthly

Josh Lothman

Sep 1, 2022, 4:29:11 PM9/1/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I have tried googling this several times and can't believe I cannot find anything on this.  I would think this is a fairly common pain point that is perfect for scripts.  I'm new to scripts so I could be wrong.

I am trying to update about 300 campaigns daily budget every month.  Obviously this is a big time suck and want to use a script to automate it.  I already have a google sheet that has the name of every campaign and the budget they need to be updated to.  How do I create a solution to automate grabbing those new daily budgets and finding the campaign in the account and making that update?

Thank you!

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Sep 20, 2022, 6:16:47 AM9/20/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/3gVuiXHWFTo) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Regards,
Yasmin
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Sep 22, 2022, 5:33:37 AM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/3gVuiXHWFTo) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Regards,
Yasmin
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2022, 10:56:07 AM9/22/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. The Flexible Budgets solution seems to fit your need. The script is a general solution that needs to be tailored to your specific use case. For example, if you intend to read data from a spreadsheet, you will have to read campaigns, dates and budgets from that spreadsheet using the spreadsheet service (here are some sample snippets).

If you have any specific questions while implementing this, please let us know.

Regards,

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team