Google Ads API Results Missing Specific Campaign Data

Jordan Lagan

Aug 10, 2023, 5:22:11 PM8/10/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I am having an issue where I cannot get the API to return data on a specific campaign where the advertising_channel_type is 'DISCOVERY'.
I have 2 discovery campaigns running for the account in question and I can see both campaigns in the Google Ads UI, but one of them is returned by the API but the other is not.
Here is the query I am using:

SELECT segments.date, campaign.id, metrics.clicks, metrics.impressions, metrics.cost_micros, campaign.name, campaign.advertising_channel_type, campaign.advertising_channel_sub_type"
FROM campaign
WHERE segments.date BETWEEN '2023-08-01' AND  '2023-08-09'
AND campaign.advertising_channel_type IN (DISCOVERY)

I have also tried filtering on these campaign's IDs but still only 1 campaign shows up in the results returned by the API:

SELECT segments.date, campaign.id, metrics.clicks, metrics.impressions, metrics.cost_micros, campaign.name, campaign.advertising_channel_type, campaign.advertising_channel_sub_type
FROM campaign
WHERE segments.date BETWEEN '2023-08-01' AND  '2023-08-09'
AND campaign.id IN ('19724922933', '19747927598')

The Campaign that shows up is: 19747927598
The Campaign that does not show up is: 19724922933

If anyone can help shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Aug 11, 2023, 1:00:23 PM8/11/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Re-posting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/9VmCpTzanPk) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue. Regards, Google Ads API Team

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Aug 11, 2023, 1:44:03 PM8/11/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Upon checking the provided campaign with id 19724922933, it appears that this has the subtype "Discovery Product Feed". Please note that the Discovery Product Feed subtype is not yet supported in the Google Ads API. However, our team already raised a feature request for this feature to be available and supported in the Google Ads API. For now, we suggest keeping an eye on our blog post and release notes for the updates and releases.

Additionally, you may check this document as it shows the supported campaign subtypes in the Google Ads API.

Links included in this email:

Regards,
Google Ads API Team