Upload image to Google Ads from url.

Yehor Iliushchenko

Jun 29, 2022, 3:58:41 AMJun 29
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I have an image url. I want to use it to create Asset or Media file instance on Google Ads.
Is it possible to upload an image from my app via Google Ads Api, without downloading it to app and then sending as a buffer?

Appreciate you'r help.
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Jul 1, 2022, 11:12:05 AMJul 1
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/1Sci50TsAiA) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Cheers,
Peter Laurence
Google Ads API Team

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Jul 1, 2022, 11:24:22 AMJul 1
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

In order to create an ImageAsset, you will need to stream the bytes into its data attribute.

You can also refer to this example on how to create the said image asset. Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Peter Laurence
Google Ads API Team

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Jul 1, 2022, 11:34:30 AMJul 1
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

In addition to my earlier response, and for better tracking of this concern, you may send over your response instead directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias.

Best regards,
Peter Laurence
Google Ads API Team

Yehor Iliushchenko

Jul 4, 2022, 4:07:54 AMJul 4
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello, thank you for the reply. So there is no solution to put an image on the Google Ads server without downloading it to my app.
My case is the client picture placed on A S3, that i need to use as an image asset for new ad.

Yehor Iliushchenko

Jul 4, 2022, 4:21:17 AMJul 4
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
In the dynamicCustomAsset field i see possibility to set image Url. Is this type of asset could be used to create responsive display ad?
Message has been deleted