Google Ads API SearchStream default timeout

Rohit Lalwani

Aug 4, 2022, 4:17:18 AM8/4/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello there!
Hope you are well!

I have searched so many pages and websites and documentation but not able to find default timeout of SearchStream used in Google Ads API to get report data.

Could you let me know or point me to the documentation/webpage which contains information regarding what is the default timeout for SearchStream method of reporting?

Thanks in advance!
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Aug 10, 2022, 10:27:40 PM8/10/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Re-posting the last inquiry ( https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/0YumAtv6aEI ) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Kind regards,
Sherwin Vincent
Google Ads API Team

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Aug 11, 2022, 1:25:49 AM8/11/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Google Ads API. I am Sherwin and I hope that you are doing well today.

With regard to your concern about the default timeout for SearchStream, the default timeout is typically 5 minutes. You may check this document and you may see that the default is 5 minutes in every client library.

I hope that clears out your confusion but if you have further concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Sherwin Vincent
Google Ads API Team

Rohit Lalwani

Aug 11, 2022, 6:49:39 AM8/11/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello Sherwin!

Thanks for the update!

But it says here that the default timeout is of 14400 seconds (4 hours).

Could you please clear up the confusion about this?

Kind regards,
Rohit Lalwani

Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Sep 5, 2022, 10:31:09 PM9/5/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Rohit,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I've checked the link that you've provided and it seems that you checked github for Google Ads API. In Google Ads API documentation, the default timeout is set to 5 minutes. With that being said, what we can do is to advise you to reach out to the github for Dotnet for clarification regarding the default timeout.

Kind regards,
Sherwin Vincent
Google Ads API Team