New trail opportunity at Cold Canyon

Andrew Fulks

Apr 23, 2018, 8:52:18 PM4/23/18
to Yolohikers, Capay Valley Hiking Club
Hiking friends,

Tuleyome not only builds public trails on public land, we also buy land that lets us build even more public trails!

Right now we are in escrow on the 160-acre Huber Ranch above Cold Canyon, located immediately south of the Headwaters parcel which we purchased years ago in order to create the 2.5-mile Annie's Trail loop!  This new purchase will allow for creation of a new route to the summit of an unnamed peak overlooking Cold Canyon.  This peak, currently in private ownership and closed to the public, would be opened to the public as part of our purchase.  You can see this mountain from Winters, as you head into town from the east.  The views from the summit are amazing!

We have only $25,000 of the $200,000 purchase price left to raise, so we are calling for your help to get us over the line and preserve this scenic and historic piece of property, that you will be able to enjoy!

Please see the attached brochure, for more information on this ranch, and the opportunity it presents for both conservation and recreation.  Then, visit the Tuleyome webpage to make a donation to 'close the deal' and 'protect the mountain!'
Donations to our land fund will help us finish this purchase, as well as begin others.  Please help us out today!

Hope to see you on the trail!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Tuleyome engages in advocacy and active stewardship with diverse communities to conserve, enhance, restore, and enjoy the lands in the region.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.
huber brochure v2 4-7-18.pdf