***Important*** Tri Updates

mike.p.kramer12

Mar 19, 2017, 11:20:50 PM3/19/17
to Washington University in St. Louis_Triathlon
Hey TriHards,
12 Action Items this week so pretty please make sure to get all the way through to the bottom of the email.

1. Shoutouts:
Ellie Gottdenker has been selected to represent Team USA for triathlon in the Maccabiah Games (basically the Jewish Olympics)
Joel and his wife, Morgan, helped me finally get the team bikes over to a shop to get tuned up for nationals
Swim Coach Superstar Jess has two adorable puppies #morereasonstospendtimewithjess. Keep your eyes out for a BBQ invite from her and her husband, Henry, as well!

2. The finals nationals qualifying opportunity is the Marquette Indoor Triathlon on April 1st. Refer to this link for more details: http://www.active.com/milwaukee-wi/triathlon/races/marquette-university-indoor-triathlon-2017
The team will reimburse everything from travel to meals for this event. This is the only remaining opportunity to qualify for nationals.

3. Fill out this roster if you want to be considered part of the team. For people going to nationals this is super important in particular because it will determine what equipment we rent for you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12oM42NyL2Ar4uqGO-9POkJP3Dh3g4yUi-J7bQ8Efcb0/edit?usp=sharing

4. Super cool team thing launch! Tri team DB: an alumni network just for the team! Fill it out! Make connections! Make friends! Get a job! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3ozUtDTik4QLUdjXawTxkgsZM7eYZ5g19f_LcVCMia7cfYw/viewform

5. Bike update: As of the end of this week, we will once again have our team bikes available for riding. They will be locked up outside of the Olin Library on the overpass side until I can find a better place. The lock code is: tri1! Please only take the bikes out when you will be riding them and return them after your ride is over.

6. Remaining race opportunities:
Marquette Indoor Triathlon: April 1st
St. Louis Half Marathon/Marathon/Marathon Relay (teams of 4) April 9th, Sign up form coming soon
Collegiate Nationals April 21st-22nd (major nationals meeting and email coming very soon)
Recplex Rookies and Rockstars (Sprint) (half hour away) April 30th (Based on interest)

7. We have our appeal for nationals and new team bikes either this Wednesday or the following. Having a crowd helps us get more money. Keep an eye out in the GroupMe for day of notifications (SU stinks at actually informing people when their super important appeals are taking place)

8. We will likely have an overnight retreat opportunity for open water swimming/practice sprint distance race the first weekend in April. Keep your eyes peeled!

9. Want to have an awesome formal with endurance sports people? Click interested on the race form!

10. Jaybird Journey to Nationals

For the fifth year in a row, Jaybird is taking submissions for the best 30-to-60 second video capturing each team's journey to the 2017 USA Triathlon Collegiate National Championships. Price: $2500 worth of Jaybird product. Here's ours from last year (it's kind of cringy): https://www.youtuHbe.com/watch?v=RWslbQ1_zTM

Here's what  a great one from our new friends (yay West Coast trips!) at UCLA and USC looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3f28MkKlw

And here's last year's winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_gQo9qCh8M

Would love to get at least an honorable mention this year!

11. Team Spirit Award at nationals! Had this on the backburner for a while and have already put it through a couple of focus groups, proud to introduce our team cheer!
Who are we?

The mighty mighty trihards

Where do we come from?

Washington U.

How do we train?

Through the pain

Why do we do it?

we can't just say screw it

When do we win?

When our Bear pride shines through

Bears on 3, Bears on 3, 1, 2, 3, Go Bears!

12. Introducing training groups, we're at that point in the year when we kind of know where everyone is at. We'll be using these as groups to help push each other to new heights for the rest of the year! Attached below!

Keep triing,

Kramer

Training Groups Spring 2017.pdf